A wiki...?

Home Board Index » Chit-chat » A wiki...?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hi guys, I think the wiki is ready for some testing if anyone wants to have a look. I hope it works so far, although bare in mind its all fairly new and needs a bit of testing:

- Roguey's Wiki,
You need to be level 5 to edit/add atm.

The wiki works around 2 methods, edit (editing something already there) and adding (creating new content). If you notice any bugs or have suggestions please let me know. I wanted a few people to test it before making news post about it, encase ive got a few problems.

ps. sorry that the pages dont have much on them atm. I have only just finished coding so far - so ive been using a lot of dummy data.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Looks nice! My only complaint is that unvisted links use that purple visited color.

Sha1hulud

Sha1hulud avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 11 years ago.

*Cracks Knuckles*

Time to get to work

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

Looking good so far.
On a little vacation 1200 miles from home.
I'll be ready to add my input once I'm home, in a week. Wave

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Looks nice! My only complaint is that unvisted links use that purple visited color.
- Sinxar

Id guess thats a compliment if they only thing you can find wrong is the link colour. :p

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

So I'm starting out by building a basic structure of pages and sub pages on the AP section, with the plan of filling up information from there. One issue I've run into so far is that page titles seem unable to support +, changing a page title such as "M4+" to just "M4". Can this be resolved?

Also I suggest that on the Amendments page that there be tick boxes, allowing multiple changes to be approved in one go.

On top of that I accidentally approved a sup page before approving the parent page. This has led to the page not being editable, and attempting to do so gives the message "Error No Path or id sent. Please return to the page and try again. If you see this again please report it.". Oops... my bad. The page is /x3ap/ships/combat/m7/m7c

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

changing a page title such as "M4+" to just "M4". Can this be resolved?
- Seygantte

This was down to a filter I was using, that was filtering everything apart from letters and numbers. I have switched the filter to a sanitize function that now allows +'s etc.

Also I suggest that on the Amendments page that there be tick boxes, allowing multiple changes to be approved in one go.
- Seygantte

Good idea, something ill look into doing once the wiki gets going. I rather get single pages working, before looking at doing multiples as if there is something wrong, it could make a lot of problems.

The page is /x3ap/ships/combat/m7/m7c
- Seygantte

I have made a number of fixes on this section.

Firstly all paths are made into lower case, as before you could have multiple copies of the same page (ships, Ships, sHips, SHIPS etc.)

The editing of approved pages (in the add section) is now fixed, as it would simply lead to a 'Error No Path or id sent' error.

as for parent page editing, ill have to look into that deeper too. Although you should be able to edit via the add page now, due to a fix above.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I don't think I've had a problem with actually editing parent pages, but I've been doing it from the Amendments section. About parent pages though, would it be possible to have a modified version of the forum's url button, which would give perhaps a pop out window like the Smilies in which the sub pages are listed. If you're trying to add links to lots of sub pages then this would be indispensable.

Also the code button is off. Currently it inputs [/codel]

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

which would give perhaps a pop out window like the Smilies in which the sub pages are listed. If you're trying to add links to lots of sub pages then this would be indispensable.
- Seygantte

Already done, just click path. This will show you all the sub-pages.

Also the code button is off. Currently it inputs [/codel]

Fixed, thanks for telling me.

Just wrote a mini-guide on editing if it helps. Ill add a mini-guide for adding too soon Smile

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Already done, just click path. This will show you all the sub-pages.
- Roguey

D'oh. I saw that, but I didn't understand what it was because it doesn't show unapproved pages at the moment.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

D'oh. I saw that, but I didn't understand what it was because it doesn't show unapproved pages at the moment.
- Seygantte

Fixed, It was looking at the wrong table, as I renamed it during the development.

« 1 2

You need to log-in to post here.