Roguey's Power and Influence

Home Board Index » Chit-chat » Roguey's Power and Influence

SurvivorSue

SurvivorSue avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hello everyone! This thread continues issues raised in the 'UFJD How' thread locked in the Albion Prelude board, to allow anyone that may wish to, to express a view. Roguey, I think you may be under estimating your influence on the Egosoft site? Yes you may not have any formal affiliation on it, however your site and research are recognised and used extensively in the Resources sticky on their Universe forum and you get mentioned in posts on that forum on a more or less daily basis. I think if you made a view known on their site it could not be ignored, that is indeed influence!
Also Roguey, feel free to move the locked thread from the AP board and amalgamate it with this one. This would enable readers to understand easily, where we are coming from and how we got to this point!
Thankfully, X is popular enough to have independent sites like this where players can discuss the games without the constraint of pretending to be loyal to company dic-tacs such as DRM, just imagine what level of discussion is on sites where the game producer controls the only forum? Thank you Roguey for providing this chance for a gal to discuss game problems without being banned, for being married to the wrong guy!

Below are some replies from an older thread, which have been moved to this thread (to keep on topic):

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

very strange, may I ask why CBJ has banned your husband for?

as for asking questions; its fine - the whole point of a forum is for people to talk and that Smile

SurvivorSue

SurvivorSue avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Thanks Roguey and you certainly may ask, CBJ banned my husband because he disagreed with Egosoft stopping selling their games on disk and was too honest to not mention this whenever the subject came up. They even gave my husband a second chance but they had to ban him a second time!
What however is unpardonable, was banning me, without any warning or reason given, despite me having written several emails asking why I was banned. CBJ wrote me one confused email in reply in which he refused to give me a reason for the ban and would not send any further replies! CBJ does not seem to realise that banning a girl because of who she is married to, makes Egosoft look like something out of the Dark Ages, so if you can use your influence with him, to civilize the brute and get him to reinstate me, that would be great!
For reference my husband used his real name, David Howland, on the forums and has played X universe for ten years!

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

For reference my husband used his real name, David Howland, on the forums and has played X universe for ten years!
- SurvivorSue

Hey, I know David, I've spoken with him on a number of X related subjects over the years, even clashed with him on one occasion Big grin That was fun lol. Tell him I said hi Big grin

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
SurvivorSue

SurvivorSue avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Hi Kirlack, nice to meet you here, both David and I have learnt much from your posts. David says 'How do you do Kirlack' and 'do not worry about me, I am still alive and kicking'.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Thanks sue for explaining, sounds like a bit of a odd reason to me. I dont normally ban anyone unless they post bad stuff, flame/attack other members or spam the boards. I dont ban people without a good reason. As for ego, I have no influence there - I am not a member of any groups there, dev team etc. I am just a normal user there like everyone else. Tell david he is welcomed to post here.

I am going to lock this post, as its gone off topic - hopefully you understand. Please make a new post in the chit-chat section, as your original question was answered Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

End of old posts

Roguey, I think you may be under estimating your influence on the Egosoft site?
- SurvivorSue

Well it was me who ask for links to be placed in the stickies, ego never asked me.

Also Roguey, feel free to move the locked thread from the AP board and amalgamate it with this one.
- SurvivorSue

Done.. although I had to manually do it

constraint of pretending to be loyal to company dic-tacs such as DRM, just imagine what level of discussion is on sites where the game producer controls the only forum? Thank you Roguey for providing this chance for a gal to discuss game problems without being banned, for being married to the wrong guy!
- SurvivorSue

No problem at all, however whilst we talking about DRM's and that, I dont mind people talking about them and that... however I am against conversation about by-passing them, ie. leading to piracy. I do not condone piracy.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hi Kirlack, nice to meet you here, both David and I have learnt much from your posts. David says 'How do you do Kirlack' and 'do not worry about me, I am still alive and kicking'.
- SurvivorSue

Glad to hear it Smile I can't imagine an X universe without someone as outspoken as David keeping the rest of us on our toes Big grin

Re Piracy: Only in game Big grin Beats working for a living lol

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Could david now come here and explain? Smile

SurvivorSue

SurvivorSue avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Hi Roguey! This is David Howland replying on my wife's Username.
Firstly it would have been nice to reply in my own name but when I applied, your site rejected me as I share the same joint email address with my wife!

To the main subject 'an explanation for Egosoft's paranoid block on discussion of DRM/Steam problems', I can say little more than my wife has already stated, you would have to go to CBJ to get an explanation of his site's Banning policies! I can only say that I disagreed with Egosofts new policy of Steam only supply of future games, excluding many players like myself who have always bought their games on disk and will not have DRM malware on their computers controlling what other programs they can and cannot run. Any time this came up I was not not willing to compromise on my honesty, by limiting the expression of my view in posts on the site. To be fair to the site authorities, I was warned many times before my first ban and was given a second chance. So really I cannot complain about my treatment!
What however is unforgivable is the misogynic treatment of my wife. That she was banned from the site as a new player without any warning or reason given in any thread, is contrary to all civilised standards in the western world. She has sent many emails to CBJ asking for an explanation, only receiving one in reply. In this email he said that he would not explain his reasons but that I knew the reason why she had been banned? He also stated he would not send any further email to her. My wife and I do not have any idea what CBJ was on about in this confused email and can only conclude he has gone mad with the strain of defending the totally indefensible?
I back my wife 100% in any action she takes in pursuit of her consumer and feminine rights in this matter!
I hope this explanation throws light on this confusing affair for you, if you ask any further questions, Sue and I will supply what info. we can but we cannot explain the totally unreasonable attitudes of the Egosoft site!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

hi david, thanks for coming here and explaining.

On this site I use a email address to setup an account: which includes asking for password reset and that. My site wants everyone to have their own address rather than a shared email account, for security reasons.

As for ego, it does sound fair about you (david) - ie. warned you, before banning although like you said it seams a bit hostile to ban your wife without any reason. I guess its ego's board and they can do what they like there, although just recently been feeling that they been caring less for people. Take rebirth - no news for like 8 months, not even told its been delayed yet.

Anyway, I wont be banning anyone without a good reason.

SurvivorSue

SurvivorSue avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Thanks Roguey for the reassurance that my wife has somewhere to discuss and ask about AP without fear of victimisation! It is also nice to know that the many of us, banned and excluded from Egosoft's future, have sites such as this where we can remember the X Universe before Egosoft became just one of Steam's range of merchandise.
As for ES becoming less caring about people, expect this to get worse as Steam takes over selling the X Universe games and supplying upgrades to the clients. In fact with Steam taking over these major client functions from the ES site, Egosoft may withdraw their site altogether, eventually?

SurvivorSue

SurvivorSue avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

it seams a bit hostile to ban your wife without any reason. I guess its egos board and they can do what they like there, although just recently been feeling that they been caring less for people. Take rebirth - no news for like 8 months, not even told its been delayed yet.
- Roguey

Hi, Sue here, taking over my Id. again.
Commenting on your assertion that ES. have free reign on their forums, this is a case of Yes and No. Of course in practical terms this is so, provided ES do not mind operating as an illegal, misogynist, fascist organisation. The thing that makes the ES site different to this one, is that it is part of the X universe games. The site is used as a vital support to playing the games, it is advertised as part of the game on the disk packaging and elsewhere and game buyers are requested to register with it, to start playing their game. To ban a new player from such a site without good reason is contrary to consumer and advertising legislation in most western countries. Also to do this to a woman because you disapprove of a male relative is contrary to equal rights legislation, females are no longer viewed in law as property of any man. Also international human rights law enshrines the principle that all individuals be treated as persons in their own right, banning a member for no reason other than being married to someone else, is not acceptable. So no, if ES wish to be treated with any respect as a modern trading organisation, they cannot do whatever they like with clients on their site!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Hey sue. It does sound that you been treated poorly by egosoft - they should have explained the ban (as like you said, their site is the major site for their x-games). I guess one advantage of a fan-site is that this is another place to talk, share knowledge etc. Did david want an account here? I could manually add one, although he have to email me from the the address - and that he would have to understand that any email sent to the address, would be visible for both of you (which I guess isnt a problem). I wonder on the ES site, did you both use the same email address there?

SurvivorSue

SurvivorSue avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

David would like the chance to post here under his own name and we do not mind mutual view of emails as we have a sound marriage. As to email accounts, David and I share share an account and I have one of my own simply because David is not keen on dealing with the bulk of my emails. I used my own email account for joining the ES site and our joint one for this site, not considering David was going to want to post here. So now he is stuck as our joint account is his only email account, I guess you men do not need to chatter as much as we ladies. Please do what you can for my husband!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

lol, i think thats the nature of the internet otherwise whats the point of it? please could david email what he would like to use for a username, and a temp password? then I can setup the account for him.

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.