Blender - Any experence

Home Board Index » Chit-chat » Blender - Any experence

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

So I downloaded this program called blender last night. I think its a great program. It has the same idea as 3ds max (i think). At least it will let you import 3ds files to it and edit them. After about a day of messing around with it and watching youtube vids, i can make animations a lot of diffrent things with it. But i was woundering if any one had any experence with this program. i want to add textures to my creations but i dont want to use blenders "default" textures i want to use my own but i have no idea how.

P.S.
Roguey would it be possable to be able to upload or something like that on to the forum so i can show off some of the stuff i have made.

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

hi there,

hmm, blender does seem interesting although does it handle dds files? also for the x-games, can dbox2 plug-in be installed with it? im guessing not? I guess it being freeware means it offers a lot for free although.

as for showing your creations, that would be great. Surely this could be done with a imagehost (like imageshack.us or even youtube for any videos. Video and pictures can be posted here without any problems.

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

hmm, blender does seem interesting although does it handle dds files? also for the x-games, can dbox2 plug-in be installed with it? im guessing not? I guess it being freeware means it offers a lot for free although.
- Roguey

Now as i have told you befor i am not a computer savy person. So i will take a screen shot of the file types it can import on mine. I know it was able to open up your mod and take all the ships stations and every thing and let you mod them. I was even able to bring up a 3D view of your galaxy. there are even user friendly controles that let me find all one thing and import a creations of my own and perminatly change them to what i made. Its a great program. Now free does not mean free. The "free" blender you get is good no doubt. But if you donate a certan ammout of money they send you an email with a link and a password type thing to download all theses plugins for the program. These plugins allow the program to do so much more. One of the best things it gives you is a game engine allowing you to make a game and code it so it will work with the computer or something like that. I have read on a few of the forum that you can program a game to work in a xbox 360 or something but i have found no controles. So any ways im sorry a rambbled on. As to your question i want to say "Yes" because it was able to open up your mod and edit it but as i said i am not a computer savy person

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

It does sound like a good program, although the donation extras do sound rather good. I did watch a youtube video which had been created by it (I think), which looked brilliant:

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

i saw that one that movie inspired me as well as x3. to get blender. I love blender i have used 3ds befor realy all i see in diffrence is 3ds is for people like me (not so computer savy) and blender is more for people like you who can program web sites. Last nigt i found out that there is a python code. (kinda reminds me of x3) and you can manualy write the code in your self. And as for that donation "extras" its not a cheap donation. I donated a couple hundread in EUR i havent done the math but paying in american money is cheaper in a way lol.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Its very impressive. A few years back CGI mini-movies could only be done by large .. rich companies, now with advancements in technology its allowing more people to create such great content. I remmeber them saying about the first CGI that it took like 10 hrs (or something silly) to render 1 frame. The guys will all impressed when a graphic card was rendering it 30 times a second.

You need to log-in to post here.