Is it just me?

Home Board Index » Chit-chat » Is it just me?

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

I am bringing this up to see if any one else has had the same problem and to inform roguey about it (I lost your email address). So is it just me or has any one else seen the links in peoples post and in different areas on the forums? I mean I have one on the bar next to user options i have one next to the main page link and even one above the Rogue's forum link. Also am i the only one who when i click on them (i know stupid caffeeine) i am told i have won something and they ask for my info (name, address, ect.) or my virus soft where goes nuts and disconnects me from the internet because of some malicious web site that is linked in the forums. I have experienced the same issues with clicking on the "my home" link but i have only experienced this one. Is it possible my account has been hacked. I know i don’t have a virus i have ran my virus soft where and it didn’t find any thing. I even had my wife take a look and she makes anti virus and security soft where for companies. So i am kind of lost.

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

hmm.. im not sure where exactly your talking about - maybe a picture would help (to show where). The box to the left of the user option is advert, although nothing bad should come from it (its from google to support the site).

as far as I know, there isnt any malware on the site. So I am unsure whats happening. I once had junk come up everytime I visited any page on the net. I found out it was spyware, and that I needed spybot to remove it.

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

I think your right. I got all new up to date computer parts (ie. graphics card, memory, any thing that could be upgraded replaced with up to dade stuff) but any ways now i dont have those links any more aside from the links in the forum posts.

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

One word: Adblock.

I know its available for Firefox (Adblock Plus) and Chrome (Adblock). If you are using Internet Explorer you may want to consider switching to a better browser.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Well generally this site should be relativity free of ads/slow code (just the ads to support the site and that). Normally if your getting them coming up here, then its something else (like adware/spyware etc.). I do not use/support ads which pop-up, over-lay or replace pages at all.

You need to log-in to post here.