Windows 8.

Home Board Index » Chit-chat » Windows 8.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 11 years ago.

Vista got bad rep, mainly because it followed Windows XP. XP was seen as one of the best OS's windows has released. Vista, the community believed, was not up the standard. I myself have used all the OS's since Windows 98 (not including 2000) and Vista was not my favorite I used that for quite a while. When I upgraded to Windows 7 I loved it.

I agree with Roguey in saying there is little point upgrading, I think people will mainly use Windows 8 as OEM for new build.

I work for an IT Support company and we have found that Windows 8 is not good for business, so I think Windows 7 will still be the favored OS.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

I agree with Roguey in saying there is little point upgrading, I think people will mainly use Windows 8 as OEM for new build.
- bozo64r

I guess the average pc user will think its better to have Windows 8, than 7. ie. 8 greater than 7.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 11 years ago.

They would do yes, but Windows 8 takes a while to get your head round, if they read read reviews they will probably go for Windows 7.
As I am a Microsoft partner, I get all the training on Windows 8, so I am beginning to under stand the ins and outs of Windows 8 so I like using it Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Well I do think Windows 8 hasnt been a great success in some-ways. ie. If your happy with Windows 7 many are sticking with it (me personally, however Windows upgrades arent cheap). Due to that its had some very slow up-take. Its more about whether you like the new GUI and 'upgrade' if you like it. Well its nice to choose Windows 7 or 8 and just use your PC - both get whatever you want done.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

I think the general assumption by Microsoft, PC sellers (such as Dell and all their whining), and by the enthusiast community is that the average consumer has the knowledge and desire to upgrade.

In reality the large majority of PC users simply don't care what version of Windows a PC has as long as it works for websurfing and general apps. Most people don't just upgrade their OS, they buy a new PC with the new OS on it. But why buy a new PC when the old one works just fine. In the past 6 years, all but two PC's i've been called to service has had XP (Mostly Home edition but some with pro). One with Vista (Home basic... ewww) and one with 7 (Home Premium). Even our local university still uses XP. Not to mention the fact that a lot of people use their phones as a PC since they really don't do much on the net anyway (mail, facebook, twitter, watch video, basic flash games). In that space win 8 is competing with devices that already have a huge share. I mean how many people are going to ditch their iphone or android device to switch to something they are unfamiliar with?

Just my 2 cents on the reason why 8 isn't being adopted by the masses. IMO it makes more sense when you look at the situation from the outside.

« 1 2

You need to log-in to post here.