Quick question

Home Board Index » Chit-chat » Quick question

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Ok so the xenon are an AI out of control. So if they make there own ships and no longer require human assistance for any thing. How is it people can pilot there ships. You would think that a xenon ship would be like a computer tower. Small empty pockets of nothing with areas filled with wires and computer chips. How in the world do you pilot the ships.

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

No idea, maybe the actual xenon are like human-robots?

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

The original terraformer fleets were designed and built by man. Even with their self awareness and consequent evolution they still use the basic principles of that original design.

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

I never thought of it like that but you would think that they would change their designs kinda like the AI in the matrix who changed their hover ship designs.

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

I gave this a bit of though whilst I was writing my last DiD story (although my comp died before I could get the relevant chapter written). I figured they'd at least retain some access for 'meatbags', although only on a very basic level. Think along the lines of Star Trek's Jefferies (spelling?) Tubes. The way I was writing it there were command consoles for a crew, but no seating or living quarters.

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

ahh ok i see that does sound logical but still i felt the xenon would have done away with this after a 20 or 30 years if you take the new ships that have come out if they could make new ships they would do away with things that are unessesary

SurvivorSue

SurvivorSue avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 11 years ago.

Also you should consider that if these machines consider themselves sentient individuals, which they may need to do in order to have thrown off bio control, then they would wish to be repaired if damaged or requiring maintenance or upgrading?
If this is the case, internal passages would be needed for repair robots to access their internal parts and consoles to show the repair robots the resullts of repairs and maintenance!

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

you have a good argument but the xenon are always evolving and if you read on the wiki for x3 they are only ships there are no human size robots for lack of a better term. So i would think that they may use some type of nanite tech to repair wireing and small components armor ect and in the event of a ship needs an upgrade it would be like replaceing a part in your car. You simply pop the hood move or remove parts and install a new one then reassemble.

You need to log-in to post here.