If I had £1600

Home Board Index » Chit-chat » If I had £1600

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 11 years ago.

http://cdn2.mos.techradar.futurecdn.net//art/magazines/PC%20Format/Issue%20273/PCF273.w_group.kingspec_PCI_E-900-90.jpg

This here my friends is the KingSpec PCI Express Solid State Storage Card.

Plugging directly into your motherboard... offering a sustained write speed of up to 2GB/s, and a sustained read speed of 2gB/s supassing most standard SSDs... this is the ultimate in read/write performance.

It's very expensive though, and my question about it is, it is put as a 'Solid State Storage Card' not a 'Solid State Drive' so can you install you operating system on it?

Ref:http://quietpc.co.uk/multicore-pcie-ssd?gclid=CMyJuKqg6LUCFeXKtAodGU8AEQ

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Geez, thats gonna cost! Great idea although, and enough space to actually replace a standard HDD.

I would reckon you could install your O/S on it - after-all if Windows didnt know about it, you can usually just supply the driver during the Windows install.

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

you thin that is expensive it would cost me 2410.40 in american money if i was to buy it form that site its only 900 dollers if i buy it from an american site (no offence)

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Well in the UK we have to pay import fees and VAT, which more or less doubles everything. You can buy from outside the UK yourself, but you have to still pay import fees. Which makes it around the same price in the end.

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

yeah but i have a way around it and i use it at times i just order it threw my biz it effectivly removes import/export fees because of the large ammouts of items i order (and when i say lagre im talking an entire freighter large) there are no fees becuase now just as an exsample it would cost thousands to move 30 tanks from here to the UK it wouldnt be profitabl for eather company or country and yes i have sold unspecifed things to the UK you guys are one of my best customers Wink next to the US of corse

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?

You need to log-in to post here.