Google Chrome update

Home Board Index » Chit-chat » Google Chrome update

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

for those who have google chrome. If you go on any site that plays videos google chrome will say that there is an update for eather the video player or adobe flash. This is a LIE!!!! it will install spywhere and malwhere on your computer. I do not know if was just my computer or the update. I have infomed google but i thought i would give chorme users a heads up. Oh and if you do install the update it installs a program called yontoo it even shows up in the apps section. I did not find this till my computer ran slow so i ran a boot time scan and found it. It will pass windows defender, Avast and norton with out detection. There are no pop ups asking for permission to download it eather or window a that show it downloading. Again just a heads up it could be jsut me or chrome.

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

If you use some type of script killing extension, it prevents a lot of that. Adblock works pretty well for most of that garbage. Not sure if NoScript has been ported to Chrome or not. Just remember that Chrome updates silently. You will never be asked to install, or told of an available update. Chrome uses a special version of flash embedded into the browser itself. Even if you disable that and install the regular version, it does not install through the browser, it updates when you start your PC.

In fact anything that is telling you to install or update something when using a web browser is most likely mal-ware, ad-ware or a virus. Never click any ads (this is where Adblock comes in). NoScript or AdBlock is highly recommended because of what can be done with flash to trick people into running malicious programs.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Did you check with SpyBot? Windows Defender isnt all that to be honest.

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

i have avast on my home comp and norton on my biz comps what i found intresting is it was an update that affeted both my computer at home and my biz and i got the email from google about the malicious program say it was my fault and basicly what sinxar said Cuckoo i had no idea about that but i was thanked for keeping my eyes open and reporting someing that i thought was worng and i guess it wasnt all in vain avast and norton didnt know that it existed so it let them update their porgrams as well.

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

better safe than sorry, although im not too keen on chrome updating 'silently' (I prefer being told).

You need to log-in to post here.