Failed mod testing

Home Board Index » Chit-chat » Failed mod testing

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

I would like to here about peoples mods that have failed when you went to test them. My recent failed mod involded makeing my own weapons. One of them i added in was a sniper rilfe type gun that could reach out to 50km and did 4,000 damage to both shields and armor. I have learnd that this is not such a good idea as it fires 5 rounds a second it only takes 1 round to take out something i did this in argon prime i took out an M1 the ship yard and about 7 other ships and the trading station and some how it pushes my ship back. i have also learned that it the rounds pass threw ships they dont disapper like other rounds this is a great gun but i would recommend for xenon and pirate secotrs

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Woh, that gun does sound a bit overkill; range and damage would be nightmare for smaller ships. You can edit the refire rate btw (types/tlaser). X-games heavy rely on spammy weapons that miss most of the time.

I think their isnt much choice when creating your own weapons. Has all you can do is create a beam or projectile. You cant really give it a re-charge rate, or change how the weapon reacts. I wanted to create a beam weapon like in freespace 2 - but with no recharge rate it kind-of didnt work as I wanted.

I dont think ive had too many failures as such; although I did make station defenders. This would send a ship from a shipyard to land on a station, then defend the station if got attacked. It worked, however once the ship landed, another was, and so on. Over countless hours, this resulted in 1000's on each station.

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

now that would of been fun and i have fixed the wapon some what and lowered the range down to 20km and changed it down to a beam weapon now im trying to add in a new shield type

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?

You need to log-in to post here.