Minecraft

Home Board Index » Chit-chat » Minecraft

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

I guess the new Terraria patch won't include steam achievements, although its good to hear they haven't abandoned Terraria.

As for the mods your using; well I would of though both waypoints and the mini map would of been part of the vanilla game. Its crazy to think such a large area lacks a map at least.

As for the monsters maybe it was because you made them look easy LOL although they do look very weird to me. I understand the block world but do the monsters/animals need to look so blockie? I wasn't quite sure what a white horse was, then I figured it was a sheep lol.

As for your voice, I really dont know what your talking about. Its fine, so stop thinking its terrible!!!!

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hey is this mine craft game an MMO or a single player game and does it require the internet to play

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

I play single player a lot until my brother updates his server. You can also play online but its not Mojang hosted servers, so not an MMO. The multiplayer is much like Terraria where anybody can host a server and the normal limit is something like 30 people online in that world at once depending on how powerful the sever is.

It does require you to login through the launcher, I think at least once (to update the game) but it will automatically let you play without logging in if no internet connection is available.

There is a free "classic" version. It is years old and not updated. And a demo. https://minecraft.net/demo

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Does it cost money every month or just a one time fee

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

You only have to buy it once.

I found this guy on Youtube. I've been watching his LP series and its pretty good. Its very entertaining. This episode he built a viewer requested creation and made it fancy. You just have to see it. I think its one of the most original ideas I have seen in Minecraft. When he speaks of "Redstone" its basically the same thing as the wiring system in Terraria, but much more developed (esp since the latest patch - the "Redstone Update" 1.5). Once I seen it I couldn't stop laughing.

Check it out, its only 7 minutes long.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Lol, when he said pug, I thought that was an abbreviation for something else, not actually a dog lol. That's one big creation he made - great how he added tears to it. I guess he used blocks to get up there, and to build the face?

Have you thought about building things from requests?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

I love the tears. That is just so cool. yea you just build some scaffolding, usually with dirt, then get rid of it afterward.

As for me building by request, honestly there is no point as I have yet to get any viewers. I'm holding off on uploading newer vids until somebody actually watches what I got up. I mean if you search youtube for minecraft lets play vids, you get millions of results. Its extremely unlikely anybody will ever find it anyway. Even searching for specific video titles doesn't make my vids show up.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Well I've watched a few of them :p

Although I guess you want more than me viewing eh? Lol

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

After a lot of experimenting, the Feed The Beast LP is starting! Using the Lite version of the FTB pack. Not sure whats up with the static sound. I reinstalled windows and the noise showed up. I'll get that all sorted before the next episode.

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

sinxar i hate you but i have to thank you. I bought minecraft its one of the best games i have ever palyed. I havent been able to pull my self away in days but i do have one question. I have tryed every dificulty and i have no monsters in my game aside from the friendly ones

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Well I would of picked the giant tower :p you always seem to like living in caves lol

This maybe a silly question; but what's the goal of game?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Well I would of picked the giant tower you always seem to like living in caves lol

This maybe a silly question; but what's the goal of game?
- Roguey

Yea lol I suck at building. In my first 'real' world I tried to build a house and it just looked terrible. I started watching some Let's Play vids and came across a good one by EthosLab. In his second season he fixed up a cave to live in and thats what gave me the idea. I like it because its not as much work and you need fewer resources... Unless you are digging out the inside of a volcano lol. That actually took a while because the rock was a bit harder than expected.

I can't wait to get some tech stuff going to make my life easier. There is a "Filler" that can clear out new rooms (and build them as well) that I want to get. The Feed The Beast mod pack is quite interesting as there is so much new stuff added its hard not to panic at first.

As for the goal. Hmm, its technically an open world sandbox. There is an end but you can keep playing afterward. So at first the goal is to defeat the Ender Dragon. There is another boss in the vanilla game at the moment that can be killed once you are able to enter the Nether. Otherwise its just do as you please. I just added the Twilight Forest mod to my game. That opens up a new world to explore with lots of new mobs and bosses to play around with.

sinxar i hate you but i have to thank you. I bought minecraft its one of the best games i have ever palyed. I havent been able to pull my self away in days but i do have one question. I have tryed every dificulty and i have no monsters in my game aside from the friendly ones
- caffeeine

Yea I know, everybody hates me. I'm glad you picked it up, its pretty good. Not sure why nothing would be spawning. AFAIK peaceful mode is the only one where hostile mobs won't spawn. I'm not really sure how to help you as I have never had that problem. What happens when you go outside at night?

This next part if from memory and may not be 100% correct: The mob spawning mechanics can be a bit odd at times. Basically they can only spawn in light level 7 (i think) or lower. There is an area around the player where mobs will not spawn, something like 32 block diameter area around you. At the 64 block ring, mobs will start despawning slowly. At 144 blocks they will spawn then despawn instantly. So at night mobs should start popping up. It takes a little while once night starts (giving you a chance to sleep before they spawn) and during the day during a thunderstorm mobs can spawn like it is nighttime. Now if it is night and you go caving, there will generally be fewer mobs in the caves because a large portion of them are spawning on the surface. During the day the opposite is true. One thing to watch out for is once you light up your base area and most of the surrounding caves, many of the small dark areas can hold a huge amount of mobs. This is because they have no where else to spawn.

The only thing I know is to make sure you are not on peaceful. Perhaps make a creative world to test if they are spawning properly. If all else fails, go to the launcher and "force update" to make it fix any issues with the game files. You could also try a mod like zan's minimap to see if they are spawning or not.

If you guys are interested in FTB (it gets a lot better trust me), leave a comment on youtube or here letting me know and i'll post the episodes here for ease of viewing.

@caffeeine - show us your base bro! Finally somebody interested in a game I play lol.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

--deleted video--

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Yea lol I suck at building. In my first 'real' world I tried to build a house and it just looked terrible.

Would it be possible to create a floating castle?

Yea I know, everybody hates me.

I dont Smile

As for the goal. Hmm, its technically an open world sandbox. There is an end but you can keep playing afterward. So at first the goal is to defeat the Ender Dragon.

Sounds a bit like what happens in terraria, with the bosses and that. thanks for explaining. Sounds like quite a fun game. Does it have multi-player?

@caffeeine - show us your base bro! Finally somebody interested in a game I play lol.
- caffeeine

Yea, indeed... It would to be good to see you creations as well Smile

I was recording my LP and something bad happened. So to correct that problem I had to go exploring to find something. While looking around I came across this beautiful Extreme Hills biome.

Woh, you found all that floating? hmm.. sounds like a good place to build that floating castle i said about earlier? Wink

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

lol.. an aaaaaaah moment eh?

ps. what are they? chickens?

« 1 2 3 »

You need to log-in to post here.