Home Board Index » Chit-chat » Minecraft

ThornandSpec

ThornandSpec avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

lol.. an aaaaaaah moment eh?

ps. what are they? chickens?
- Roguey

hah, yep, they're chickens, I've seen lots of people get them mixed up with ducks, to the point where people who make custom skins draw them up as mallards, but ducks don't cluck.

If my mission goal was pissing off the entire ATF fleet, then consider it a success!
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

I've been playing a new'ish world (created in 1.9) and have been trying to develop the world spawn a bit. I used to have a cabin with a large storage area as the basement but I scrapped it and decided to try a modular building style. Meaning a building can be expanded in any cardinal direction and it should tile properly.

Here is the building with an expansion to the bottom floor:
Picture

Here it is with another addition I erected today:
Picture

Ignore the huge mob farm in the background. I am going to remove it sometime in the near future but I am using it for gunpowder collection. Here is an overview of my current spawn:
Picture

I plan to extend the wall to the left and enclose the tree/nether wart farms. There is a Chorus fruit farm to the far left you can see the edge of (with the purpur blocks) that will likely be removed soon. On of my goals is to remove the torches from the ground but I don't have any good ideas for lighting the area up. Anybody have suggestions for this?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 7 years ago.

hi there, it looks good. you said you have a basement level too? what is that big white line through the middle of the building? have you changed much of it since your previous post?

I did try minecraft awhile back on the PS3 but didnt really get what was going on. I guess its kind-of the same idea as Terraria? ie. try and survive, build up your gear, fight monsters? I did find the menus some-what confusing, maybe its me being stupid? did really seem to sleep in a house either?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

Console Minecraft is just weird to me. Yeah it is sort of like Terraria. People tend to make that comparison but each has their own pros/cons. Never understood what the draw of console minecraft was since you give up almost everything good about it (servers, mods, texture packs, updates etc). There are no menu's (other than options) on the PC version so I have no clue what you are talking about there.

The house currently does not have a basement. The previous cabin did though. I did change the terrain a bit, I removed the hill to the right of the house and filled in the pond then removed the wheat farm. Making plans to relocate the mob farm underground and add a house extension for the loot collection point. Just don't really feel like undertaking the project since the one I have works fine, it just looks out of place.

I am trying to improve my building skill so I don't look like a noob when playing on a server. I am good at Minecraft but suck at building pretty structures.

That white beam is from the beacon that is placed in the center of two story section of the house.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

Took down that hostile mob farm towering above my house finally. Started with a pickaxe and quickly decided instead to use some of that gunpowder I have been collecting:

Surprisingly I didn't damage anything on the ground below. Used TNT on 2 of the layers then just finished the rest off with a pickaxe. Only took 20 mins or so to clean up the mess.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

Console Minecraft is just weird to me. Yeah it is sort of like Terraria. People tend to make that comparison but each has their own pros/cons. Never understood what the draw of console minecraft was since you give up almost everything good about it (servers, mods, texture packs, updates etc). There are no menu's (other than options) on the PC version so I have no clue what you are talking about there.
- Sinxar

I guess they are more accessible versions of the game which I guess have their place. Maybe why I found it a bit confusing?

I am trying to improve my building skill so I don't look like a noob when playing on a server. I am good at Minecraft but suck at building pretty structures.
- Sinxar

Not sure what you mean - when playing on a server? do you take your building to another map? or do people join your world when online? Confused

Surprisingly I didn't damage anything on the ground below. Used TNT on 2 of the layers then just finished the rest off with a pickaxe. Only took 20 mins or so to clean up the mess.
- Sinxar

Again, im really confused whats going on to be honest. It looks like your blowing up some TNT which looks like its made from feathers? are you flying or standing on a high up platform?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

You can join a server and play, like Terraria except you don't keep your inventory across worlds. I mean my building skills suck, the stuff I build looks like hot garbage. Building in Minecraft is a difficult skill to acquire because the only way to really figure it out is through trial and error. Sure you can look at other peoples builds but the actual building process is way different, again much like Terraria where building and making it look good is very difficult.

Yeah it is hard to see what is going on. The mob farm was a towering structure that used water streams to move enemies around once they spawned. Mobs in Minecraft spawn in dark areas and since the structure was sealed, it was completely dark and the mobs would spawn on some platforms and walk off into the water. They were then pushed by the current to the center drop zone where they fell out of the structure to their death far below. There were some hoppers there to collect the drops from the dead mobs.

There were 3 layers in this farm, with a two block space between them so the normal 2 high mobs would spawn but the taller Enderman would not. There are a lot of game mechanics at work there but it is simple in theory. The mobs just spawned naturally in the dark and fell to their death pretty much. I only needed Creepers to spawn and die so I could get the gunpowder to make some TNT. Everything else I got from it was basically junk, like bones zombie flesh and arrows because I already have some XP farms with skeletons and zombies so their drops are worthless to me.

It took me a minute to figure out what you meant about made of feathers, nah that is just the explosion effect. It is made from gunpowder and sand. It is more realistic than most explosions you seen in games (funny that this is Minecraft). You are seeing the shockwave effect instead of a huge fireball like most games tend to do.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

well to me that build looks pretty good - cant see much wrong with it; apart from it could be bigger. So I dont know why you keep putting down your building skills. Although it seems strange you dont keep your inventory across worlds. I guess its more stash rather than items you carry with you.

Its very hard to see what was going on to be honest. I think mostly to me not really understanding minecraft too well - maybe the console version hasnt helped things? sometime I really need to re-look at the game. However with how things are at the moment, my time has been a little sparse

j0lt

j0lt avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 7 years ago.

I've been playing on a couple private servers. One is vanilla MC using the current build (1.10.2, I believe), the other incorporates something like 227 mods including Thaumcraft, Witchery, a whole bunch of new biomes, ore types, mobs, etc...

« 1 2 3

You need to log-in to post here.