The new server

Home Board Index » Chit-chat » The new server

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

You may of seen that the site was moved to a new server yesterday and it took awhile before the DNS records updated. However what do you think of the new server? It appears to be a 8-core server, were the old one was 4. It does seem the loading times are very low - hopefully it will stay like it. During the past few days the site did seem to have a few problems, I guess it was the host moving things around.

ps. Have you found any problems yet?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Other than that cookie thing, I haven't seen any issues yet. I visit this site quite a few times a day to see whats up (even though i havent played an X game in a while). There was a lot of random downtime before the move. Hopefully they stepped up their game. I would normally get the "server not responding" message 2 or 3 times a day. we will see.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

geez that cookie thing basically took most of the day for me; however its good to see it fixed finally.

Hopefully the server will be better, as you said ive seen the site *beep*-up a bit, a few random times. The server appears to have 4 extra cores; which should no-doubt be better.

Sorry for not posting much today.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

Ah, now we can share posts again! well done Smile

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

:lol well not being able to log-in affected a lot of things; posting of news, comments, forum, arcade, wiki etc. more than I thought when I first thought about it.

You need to log-in to post here.