Change to ordering for E:D planetary objects

Home Board Index » Website suggestions » Change to ordering for E:D planetary objects

rvghst

rvghst avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 9 years ago.

Hi, like the site (so went a little mad updating data today)...

Any chance we can change the ordering of the planetary objects, instead of 1,2,3,4 etc, any chance we can do a parent/child list, so systems have suns, suns have planets/belts, and planets have moons/stations etc.

So we have something that looks more the the system screen?

Thanks

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 years ago.

thank-you for adding info to the site, its appreciated.

the planetary object drawing was something I made quick - I knew it needed improving. I was thinking of doing a edit option that allows you to position the objects with mouse, ie click and drag where you want. I have a few other things I need to do, but any suggestions would be welcomed.

DHLF

DHLF avatar
Level badge Conqoguey (21)
Posted 9 years ago.

It may be a nightmare to add.. but:
Could you add a "third" state to blackmarkets?
At present there are only two possibilities to tag: Blackmarket exist/does not exist.
If some players dont have the time to check this out the third state "unknown"(pre tagged) would be very helpful.

Until now.. we cant see if someone really checked the presense of BMs.

And one more point(just for comfort): Many Stations are already tagged as "BM exist" but unfortunately users forgets to tag it also in the system view..
An automatic tagging would also be a very nice to have.. thing.

And last my most favorite wish:
Maybe I overlooked it.. but is there a way to find the nearest BM?
Somehow it may be placed in the trade helper section as "good" or so.

Mayak

Mayak avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 9 years ago.

I second all of those BM suggestions, would be very helpful. Would be great if on trade helper you could enter something like "I want to sell black market goods within xx ly of [star system]" and see a list of places Smile

Also if you do add an "unknown" state, I'd suggest changing all the existing "no"s to unknown as I bet a lot of them weren't checked.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

hi there,

Could you add a "third" state to blackmarkets?

Yea that is possible to do, and that makes sense to make the default state unknown rather than no. Automatic tagging is also a good idea, which I can add too (although will only apply to newly updated systems). I was planning to ditch the black-market tag from systems, but this presents a few database problems. So why I left it in for now.

[Update] Automatic tagging and third state added.

Maybe I overlooked it.. but is there a way to find the nearest BM?

I could add another option to the trade-helper, so under I want to buy/sell, I could add the option illegal goods (where the nearest black-markets are shown). Although the buy/sell option wont do anything, as the site doesnt know which goods are illegal.

Mayak

Mayak avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 9 years ago.

Very small bug I just spotted with this change - the tooltip thingy that pops up when you hover a station in the system map is now showing black markets incorrectly.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Very small bug I just spotted with this change - the tooltip thingy that pops up when you hover a station in the system map is now showing black markets incorrectly.
- Mayak

Already reported in another thread here. Its should be fixed now.

You need to log-in to post here.