X4 video

Home Board Index » X4: Foundations » X4 video

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 6 years ago.

Hi Roguey thanks for the recent update. I would be very interested in further views from yourself regarding X4, as I was a keen player of the X series up to AP and after that Litcubes universe. It doesn't look too promising however. I am playing Elite now so thank you for all the information you make available for this game too.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 6 years ago.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 6 years ago.

No problem at all, so far I know nothing more than anyone else about X4. Not sure how strong the connection between me and egosoft is any-more. Last time I spoke to ego, things seemed to be okay but who knows.

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 6 years ago.

Looks good as In gfx, but all I care about is gameplay... Are we going to get another turret simulator experience like the last game or are we going to get a proper dogfighting experience like the earlier games?

Sparks

Sparks avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 6 years ago.

Egosoft's next X4 livestream is scheduled for September 27, 20:00 CEST.

Sparks

Sparks avatar
Posted 6 years ago.

2nd livestream:
Now on YouTube!
- "Xenon_Slayer"

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 6 years ago.

2nd livestream: Now on YouTube!- "Xenon_Slayer"
- Sparks

I did watch a bit of it although it was pretty long. Was there mention about not including a jump-drive or something?

Sparks

Sparks avatar
Posted 6 years ago.

Bernd talks about it at the 08:00 point in connection to exploration. Then Owen talks about it in the context of strategic gameplay shortly after a question from a viewer at 56:00.The following day CBJ elaborated on the topic on the forum here, and replies to some player posts later in the thread.

BigVern

BigVern avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 6 years ago.

Interesting but it does still look as if this will be more Rebirth orientated in terms of appearance and movement than traditional "X".

Remains to be seen if we get a return to the multiple system 'verse of the traditional game or the more compact areas with the odd highlight (they've got to at least include Argon Prime, Kingdom End and Seizewell).

Verdict out on whether more interaction and walking round stations is a good idea or not. This isn't Mass Effect and limited dialogue choices with identikit merchants on copy and pasted stations isn't going to make it Mass Effect. Though I wouldn't object to a cameo appearance from Tali (who wouldn't...).

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 6 years ago.

It is great to see Egosoft started to do some videos about progress of development.

Fixed video - Sinxar

edit (24/4/18):

kingsbluesun

kingsbluesun avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 6 years ago.

X4 looks great! I'm definitely planning on spending 1000s of hours in game. Especially looking forward to station building. Also hoping to have help from Roguey's X4 guide.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 6 years ago.

Hopefully we would get many more streams in near future. The game looks promising and it would be great to be able to follow its development.

It will be interesting to see what they have learned from earlier X-series games and X-Rebirth. For example what players are able to do in first person mode.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 6 years ago.

They better get it right. If not I don't see how they can continue making games in the future. At least this time it seems like they are taking the players into account instead of their idea of what we want.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 6 years ago.

They better get it right. If not I don't see how they can continue making games in the future. At least this time it seems like they are taking the players into account instead of their idea of what we want.
- Sinxar

I totally agree, but I still have a feeling they are a bit too "remote" from the players. A video per month about the progress would keep the community awake. I don't think Early Access would be a bad idea at all either because they definitely would get lots of feedback from their core audience and newcomers.

What does people here think, should Egosoft go Early Access route?

plchung3

plchung3 avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 5 years ago.

Egosoft have just posted new X4 screenshots on their websites to celebrate the 30th anniversary. The pictures look really good but again XR looked very good as well on jpeg before released. I just hope that they get it right this time.

You need to log-in to post here.