Any plan to support X4: Split Vendetta DLC content

Home Board Index » X4: Foundations » Any plan to support X4: Split Vendetta DLC content

leinardi

leinardi avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 4 years ago.

Hi, not sure if this the right place, but I wanted to ask if there are currently plans to update the X4 data with the Split Vendetta DLC content. There are several new ships, weapons and items in general that would be really nice to be able to see directly form this website.

The feature I use the most is the 3 way ship comparison.

Thanks!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 4 years ago.

hi there, well I dont have a copy of the DLC atm; so I cant add it. Egosoft did send me a copy of X4 - maybe ive annoyed someone there? or just forgot me? I dont know. I was planning to revist the game when the DLC was released (take another look, see what has changed, look at the new content etc.). Neverless, Ill update the site to v3.0 stuff probably tomorrow. Thats all I can do for the time being.

leinardi

leinardi avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 4 years ago.

Thanks for the reply! I'll try to let Egosoft know about this Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

no problems. I have now just updated the X4 site with v3.0 data. I also found that the ships for sale was blank in the universe maps - this has now be fixed.

ps. Ive been sent a code by Egosoft, so ill start working on a Split DLC area Smile

leinardi

leinardi avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 4 years ago.

Hi leinardi,

thanks for bringing it up. Just sent Roguey a key.

Yep! I know! Big grin

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

thanks for bringing it up. Just sent Roguey a key.
- leinardi

hehe, a big thanks for doing so Smile

leinardi

leinardi avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 4 years ago.

Do you have an idea of how long it will take (approximately) to get the Split ships in the Compare ships tool? That's what I miss the most right now! Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

It may take a few days - it depends how easy it is to create the other sections such as maps, ships list etc. Ive only just downloaded the files and unpacked them Smile

leinardi

leinardi avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 4 years ago.

Nice! Dance

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Just to let you know that the maps should be online now - but they arent 100%. I figured they would be somewhat useful to people - even in their current state.

leinardi

leinardi avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 4 years ago.

Thanks! I was actually looking for a map of the new sectors!

leinardi

leinardi avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 4 years ago.

Hey I saw that the Split Vendetta content is for now separated on a different section, are you also planning to make it available in the general X4 part? I think it would make sense to have all the X4 content together and it will make comparing new and old content way easier. What do you think?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

hi there,

well did think about combining the two - Split Vendetta and base game data; there are advantages and disadvantages to methods. If they are in separate areas it makes it easier to see what is in the DLC.. ie. if I combine the maps, the map will be harder to read - more sectors, smaller print etc. plus the coding gets more complicated - especially when combining multiable DLC's (not sure if Egosoft are planning to do that, but I have to think about that now).

If I combine it all the data - it will be easier to navigate, but could get confusing for some - not knowing what content is in what DLC.

I was going to try combining the compare ship feature to see how complex it gets.

Having a separate area for the two maps kind-of makes sense. Not sure about it to be honest..

DreadNaught

DreadNaught avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 4 years ago.

U still not got a copy of X4:Sv yet? You get X4 on steam?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

U still not got a copy of X4:Sv yet? You get X4 on steam?
- DreadNaught

hi there, thanks to leinardi I do have a copy of X4: Split Vendetta. I did add quite a bit of information to the site about it, however recently ive been catching up with a few other games. So I plan to do more on X4 stuff soon.

SpaceTrauma

SpaceTrauma avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 3 years ago.

Some ships from X4 are missing (from the misc ships section, ids 1201 and up), like the Nodan. They aren't used by AI Factions, but you can fly/use them as a player, so having them in the list would be good.

Also, what is the preferred way to send missing pictures of ships your way? And, I have csv files with all ship names in every supported language parsed from the game, maybe you are interested in adding display language support? some of the ship names aren't obvious with their translations, so being able to look at them in your native lang is really useful.

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.