Show us your universe!

Home Board Index » X4: Foundations » Show us your universe!

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 3 years ago.

With the DLC coming soon, seems like a good time to start a thread about what you have been up too in your universe.

So far I have evicted the Xenon from all of their sectors. Some of them are quite good for mining. Overall cost of that was around 3 billion credits for the ships. This is because some of their stations are incredibly deadly. For example sending 50 destroyers against some wharfs will result in them being destroyed in short order. No idea what guns are on some of those stations but those hard hitting guns + the incredibly poor AI = losing all your ships in short order.

Eventually though I got them all taken down and claimed the sectors I wanted.

As a tribute to X3, I built a microchip factory called "Nopileos' Legacy". As I usually played the Teladi start and his name is Nopileos.

Picture

Sadly not nearly as profitable as it is in X3 but it works.

I also made a basic shipyard design that is supplied entirely by NPCs to get trade moving in some regions.

Picture

Wouldn't be an X game if I wasn't selling huge amounts of drugs!

Picture

I also decided to try a classic trading station like the Xenon Hub in X3. Its not as good as expected but it does make a decent amount of cash and is an incredible manager trainer. Pop in a 2 star manager and they will be 5 stars in no time flat! Its due to the sheer number of trades it has to do on its own and there is no ware production at all on these stations. I found these great to plop down a few sectors away from shipyards and make them buy and sell ship building parts. I used the Split station parts for these. They are quite cheap to build and all they need is docks and piers with lots of container storage. I put solid and liquid on it as well to keep my options open. Never know when you might need ores or gasses.

Picture

Here you can see my destroyer fleet in the distance. Total of 70 destroyers, a mix of Rattlesnakes, Phoenixs and Behemoths.

Picture

One thing I always enjoyed about the X series is the scale of things. This is a basic defense platform I use to quickly claim a sector (admin center is built first). Doesnt look like much from a distance:

Picture

But once docked, the size becomes much more apparent:

Picture

This was also the case in the previous games where you could fly around very close to destroyers and carriers and see the small details and how huge everything actually is.

Overall Im having fun with this save. Learned a lot about how the game works overall. As my first 'real' game of X4, the lessons learned should help a lot when I restart.

I DON'T plan to restart for the CoH DLC though.

I should point out that shipyard income is heavily nerfed in 4.0. At first I was kinda upset about that but that was before I actually built a shipyard. My first shipyard in 3.3 got me to over 5 billion credits within a few hours. Yeah... it needed a nerf. In the 4.0 beta with nerfs active, it still makes a lot of cash but at a more reasonable rate so shipyards for profits is still good.

You need to log-in to post here.