Hello there

Home Board Index » Introduce yourself » Hello there

Xious

Xious avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 9 years ago.

I remember playing Elite on the old C64... an amazing game for it's time.

I just bought this new version last night and started playing today.

Wow, the graphics are awesome but the game seems really complicated. Watching the videos helps but there is still a big learning curve.

Does everyone start off in the same space station? I started in Trevithick.

Right now I'm just trying to get some extra cash by taking contracts to deliver goods. The catch is.... where to find the goods. For example, I need robotics but no trade routes show up for them on my local map using the filters.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 9 years ago.

Hi welcome to the forum!

DHLF

DHLF avatar
Level badge Conqoguey (21)
Posted 9 years ago.

Welcome Xious!
Shame on me for having never said "hi" here to introduce myself Confused

I cant see any difference between Elite:Dangerous (or shorter E:D) compared to ELITE in the good old times.
Maybe the graphics are better and the sounds.. but the gameplay stays exactly the same.
The universe-trade helper(down at the moment) is very valuable for gathering informations.
But before you start being a broker you should do it the old way.. take bad people down out there.
As you will face a battle sooner or later anyway.
Like the "old" ELITE there are plenty of commodities to sell with profit. Too many for me to mention Wink
It would take many sheets of paper to write all of them down and compare the best items.
If you have found a system with a blackmarket in range you can also gathering "lost" cargo but be warned.. in E:D this will be punished(if the security vessels scan your ship)..

I was very surprised when they attacked my ship just because some tons of platinum I had found.
Platinum is not illegal.. but found cargo will be marked as "stolen" Nod

After some weeks you will be able to take down an (bad)ASP with your Sidewinder Dance

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 years ago.

Hi there, welcome to the site Wave

You need to log-in to post here.