didn't knwo there wasa Hello forum

Home Board Index » Introduce yourself » didn't knwo there wasa Hello forum

Flinx100

Flinx100 avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 9 years ago.

Just thought I would say Hi. I can be seen in ED as Flinx100 but quite often I play Private group with my nephew (so won't be seen in game). If he is not around then I will go for open play so if you see me say HI, I don't bite (honest). ATM I mainly use Cobra Mk III for blatting pirates and Type 6 for "boringer" trade runs.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 years ago.

hi there. There appears to be a few people just finding this forum, anyway - welcome to the site/forum.

when you can, I suggest going for an ASP, as its like combing the Cobra with the Type 6 - at-least you feel somewhat safer having weapons, unlike the type 6.

Flinx100

Flinx100 avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Yes I tend to use the type 6 for a nice little earner (around eravate / LHS 3447) and the cobra for having fun, however I have got somewhat distracted recently having bought an advanced system scanner and wanting to make it pay for itself.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

ah, you want to go exploring? I didnt find it all that worthwhile but it is nice to get your name on the map. The map is pretty huge, so there bound to be a lot to found. I suggest the Asp for exploring although.

Flinx100

Flinx100 avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

:-) Yes I have already claimed a system (long ago when I was just new in the cobra) Col 285 sector JF-Q B21-1 is mine all mine (or at least what of it I could see). I agree though exploring is a huge waste of time. Running from Altair to Lave has taken me over a week because I stopped off to scan everything and the cats mother but I have also helped the trade database a little on my travels

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

thanks Flinx for updating the database, it all helps - thanks.

Exploring does seem to be hard work, although ive seen people turn in 100-200mil worth. Those guys must of spent ages exploring. Awhile back I went 1000ly+ from the populated areas but kept seeing the same things in each system; one large star and 4/5 pink looking planets. I started losing interest when it kept happening. Although I did get my name on a few, which is nice. However the whole trip only resulted in a couple of million.

Flinx100

Flinx100 avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Still a cvouple of million is nice so far (in local(ish)) space I have only racked up about 230K

You need to log-in to post here.