Hi everyone :-P

Home Board Index » Introduce yourself » Hi everyone :-P

Privateer

Privateer avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 8 years ago.

I was wondering around the net trying to figure out if X:R still sucks after it's horrible launch and ran into this place. I usually play my X games vanilla so have never herd of Roguey. Funny since I guess I've played his stuff in the X:3 series, not sure what parts but thanks for making the game better. :-P.

It's a shame Rogeuy or anyone has to leave on any forum (Steam) for another (his) just to speak his mind on any subject without worry of a ban. What's really messed up is he had to make, pay and maintain a forum just to make sure it's possible! I usually don't post anywhere for the reasons he had to leave a Steam forum.

After reading that whole thread here though, it seems like this could be fun place to contribute to once in a while. Without deleted posts, closed/locked subjects, trigger ban fingers and no game Pr jerks around to harass you about your wrong opinion of a game their trying to sell o_O.

I'm also a linux user when I can and I'm testing out some of the games from steam. Not to bad, either. Haven't had to rebuild the kernel for timing yet :-P.

--------------------------------

Can't we all get along - The Kilrathi

TheWhiteTiger

TheWhiteTiger avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 8 years ago.

Welcome to Roguey's, I hope that you enjoy your stay. Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 8 years ago.

hi there Privateer, welcome to the forum Wave

Back then it wasnt a great time. There was a lot of angry people posting content. I heard from a few people how they got harshly treated by mods, although maybe I was only hearing one-side of the story, but that made me cautious posting on the official boards. If mods where doing that they were, then I didnt want to face the same fate.

I dont normally delete, edit or lock threads/replies without a good reason. As I feel that over-aggressive modding is bad. I would hate to think people feel restricted, or have to be careful of what they say/do. There are times when I need to do something; bully, attacks etc isnt fair or right.

Its a shame that had to write what I did about the game. Ultimately all I was trying to do was help. If Egosoft had made a better game, then things would of been different. It annoyed me when they never listened, something that they admit was badly handled. Im sure if some of the ideas got taken on board, things would of been better.

as for the future, I did think about contacting them again but probably burnt my bridges with them.

@TheWhiteTiger Wave how goes things? dunno if you looked but ive changed the gaming site abit.

TheWhiteTiger

TheWhiteTiger avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

@TheWhiteTiger how goes things? dunno if you looked but ive changed the gaming site abit.
- Roguey

Hey Roguey, sorry I've been kind of busy lately, still preparing to move as well. And yeah I've noticed the changes, I may not post often but I'm usually aware of what's going on around me Smile. I hope everything is going well for you? Smile Roguey supporter

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 8 years ago.

Hey Roguey, sorry I've been kind of busy lately, still preparing to move as well. And yeah I've noticed the changes, I may not post often but I'm usually aware of what's going on around me . I hope everything is going well for you?
- TheWhiteTiger

Yea, not too bad. Good to hear your still around, as its been awhile. No worries about being busy, hopefully the move will go well! How are things otherwise?

TheWhiteTiger

TheWhiteTiger avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Thank you. Smile Everything else is fine at the moment, still selling the stuff though, getting rid of others etc, I'll let you know when it's complete. Smile

You need to log-in to post here.