Hello to everyone in the forum!

Home Board Index » Introduce yourself » Hello to everyone in the forum!

sirius1225

sirius1225 avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 8 years ago.

Hello all! I'm stating to play this game fairly late, I just started X3TC in January and X3AP just last month, and I joined this because the guides and ship entries are quite useful and interesting. Recently I saw the page was revamped, and realized that Roguey was still very active on the site, and the site was not dead as I once thought! Despite Roguey 'abandoning' Egosoft, he still tends to this site regularly, so many thanks to him for that! Also, I have been thinking of modding, specifically removing Hammerhead and Beluga missiles from the Commonwealth ships and bringing them back to where they rightfully belong, which are the Terran and ATF ships for Albion Prelude, can someone tell me how do I do this? I have the X3 Editor, version 2. Thanks in advance and hello to all!

"Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken bird that cannot fly."
-Hughes Langstrom
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 8 years ago.

hi there sirius, welcome to the site Wave

of course im still here, I had no plans on ditching the site what-so-ever, its just after x-rebirth I decided to stay clear, as XR wasnt the game for me (I didnt like the direction egosoft were heading). You may of seen I went through a bit of modification to the design, until now (as im happy with it now).

as for editing the missiles, well it depends. If you plan on doing it to existing saves, it will be more complex as you will probably want to move the sale locations - which will need a script (as when the game starts it will create stations/ships with the default settings). If you want to move them for new games, then you dont need to worry about it.

I would suggest creating a new mod (using X3 ModManager) then extracting all the dat files, starting from 01 upwards to another folder (if you have the space) and overwrite (higher dats overwrite older ones). Once done take another copy of the types folder (that you will be using to create your mod). Edit those types files (tships to change ship stats), then add to the mod package (ModManager) when ready (make sure you use the correct folders when adding it to the mod - X3AP have the prefix addon/). On your first attempt select the mod package on the splash screen. Then start a new game and check for your changes. With the editor you can pretty much change most things. Creating a mod packages means you can always go back to vanilla when needed, just by going to that splash screen, selecting mod package then click original.

For existing games, the object will have the same stats until its destroyed.

sirius1225

sirius1225 avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 8 years ago.

That seems rather complicated...but still I shall try. Thank you!

"Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken bird that cannot fly."
-Hughes Langstrom
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Sorry about that. Creating your own mod allows you to play with without messing-up your original game files. So yeah its more complicated but better if you want to try a few things.

Asgard1963

Asgard1963 avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 8 years ago.

Hi everyone
I have been gaming for yrs also used roguey's alot especially with X3TC,currently playing Elite Dangerous(Beta Backer)also played the original on a 48K spectrum Smile
I did finish X3TC with a closed loop factory for every race built my own ships and weapons.But when AP came out i had to use Steam so all i did is not there Cry but i have the saved games Smile

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

Steam cloud was enabled for all of the X games recently btw. Don't know what you mean exactly but TC saves don't work in AP, they are different games.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

hi there Asgard1963 Wave

Well I never had a spectrum, when I got into computers it was the BBC Model-B. I never played Elite on it either, my dad did - a lot! I got into Elite when it was on the PC - when it had fully coloured in polygons.

Im also alittle confused with the save game - X3TC and X3AP are two different games (X3AP being an addon).

Asgard1963

Asgard1963 avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

I Played X3TC as a stand alone long B4 it was on steam.So to play X3AP i had to use the steam version but it did not see my Attributes Missions etc,BTW the money earned in the pilots account could not count any further:)
I also played Frontier on the Amiga 1200 which i still have

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

I Played X3TC as a stand alone long B4 it was on steam.So to play X3AP i had to use the steam version but it did not see my Attributes Missions etc,BTW the money earned in the pilots account could not count any further:)
I also played Frontier on the Amiga 1200 which i still have
- Asgard1963

Oh gotcha! Well it is never to late to start a new game and do everything!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

oh, so you couldnt load in your save-game? surely that down to placing the save-game in the correct folder?

Asgard1963

Asgard1963 avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

I can load the saved games but Steam does not see the attributes so i stopped playing it and i hated X-rebirth witch i played for an hour then Un-installed the game

You need to log-in to post here.