London Calling to the Faraway Towns...

Home Board Index » Introduce yourself » London Calling to the Faraway Towns...

Loomis

Loomis avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 8 years ago.

new here, it all looks good so far.

Anyone else seeing that the ED equipment searches seem a bit hit and miss?

Been after an A3 fuel scoop for ages, currently at Tun.
cheers...

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 8 years ago.

hi there, welcome to the site Wave

as for your fuel scoop, you dont see:

Picture

I would try and pick a place that has been updated recently, as equipment at stations can vary quite often.

ps. Im in Berkshire, so im not too far from you :p

Loomis

Loomis avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

I'll check it again, but when I tried a few days ago, at least 2 sites that should have had it had no stock, and they were recent too.

Anyway, it's a big blummen universe, can't be expected to keep track of everything... Definitely a great resource though!

Berkshire - pretty much a Nearby Town!

Loomis

Loomis avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Just tried again for an A3 Fuel Scoop, went to Apala (Wilson City) - one was there 8 hours ago. Not now.... Anyone know how the updates get applied to this site, please? Happy to contribute if it's something a simpleton like me could handle.

Loomis

Loomis avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

It also says there's one at Aktzin (2 days ago) - nope, either...

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 8 years ago.

hi there, the updates come from EDDN - a large trading network that updates all the sites who use it. I do know equipment can change fairly often, so even 8 hours may not be fast enough.

One of the common ways to update EDDN is using the E:D Market Connector. One of the downsides is that it needs your username/password, so I can understand why some people dont want to use it. Other than that, there isnt really another way of updating the equipment list quickly. We (fansites) want a better way of getting this information from the game, but until elite come-up with an API this is what we have for now.

You need to log-in to post here.