Battered Old CMDR Crash Lands

Home Board Index » Introduce yourself » Battered Old CMDR Crash Lands

Geraldine

Geraldine avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 6 years ago.

Hi Folks!
I've been from one end of the Elite Galaxy (and Galaxies) to the other since 1984. Also played a great many space sims including Freelancer, Starlancer & the Wing Commander series, the X series, Tarr Chronicles, Dark Horizons, Freespace series, Drifter, Oolite, FFE3D, Pioneer and (of course) Elite 1,2,3 and D. Space sims (to me at least) are simply the best gaming genre there is and it is great to see them doing so well. I have high hopes too for Egosoft and X4 as well as that money eating monster that is Star Citizen. Will CIG ever finish it? I hope the 3.0 Alpha makes an appearance soon.
Had some little problems registering on the site, but thanks to Roguey I am finally able to post.
Anyways, hello to you all and fly safe out there. Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 6 years ago.

I am glad to see you got everything sorted, welcome to the site Wave

It sounds like you played more space-sims than me to be honest. As for Star-citizen - who knows. The trouble with Star-citizen is that they keep adding more and more, pushing back release dates.

Geraldine

Geraldine avatar
Posted 6 years ago.

Yea Roguey, isn't that the truth! Feature creep it seems is a thing with Star Citizen. Still, hopefully, it will be a great game......when they finally get around to releasing it.. Toetap
And thanks for the welcome, nice place you have here! Roguey supporter

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 6 years ago.

no problem, sorry if ive been a little quiet just recently. Its just that ive been busy with our home, as we plan to move-out and rent it - hopefully by next year. We intend to build a new home, somewhere else - not sure where. Although before that, we need to get this place up-to-scratch; as it needs quite a few upgrades.

Geraldine

Geraldine avatar
Posted 6 years ago.

Darkone, who runs Space Sim Central, has had similar problems as the forum software he was using got attacked by damn spammers Bricks so he had to change a lot of things on the site. Still, your site is free of them so that's good! Nod
Also noticed you have a C&C section? Cool
I recently installed Tiberian Sun Client. A great update and fully standalone. And that music...

TS will always be my favorite out of the series. Smile
And good luck with the house move! It's never easy and always stressful, but worth it in the end.

You need to log-in to post here.