I suppose I should say hello...

Home Board Index » Introduce yourself » I suppose I should say hello...

Triscopic

Triscopic avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 12 years ago.

Although I've posted in a few places already, maybe it's a bit rude to jump in to conversations without introducing yourself, especially when there's a forum specifically for that purpose.

I've lurked on this site for more years than I care to mention, discovering the X series back in 2004 (with X2). Not sure when I discovered Roguey's site it's certainly been my go-to site for ship stats for as long as I can remember. And loft conversions*.

IRL I'm another Brit, I'm a software developer for a large software house based in the south east, and in my rapidly-diminishing spare time I work on extensions for LCDHost, an application that displays stats on the Logitech G19 keyboard's amazing but horribly underused lcd display, e.g. this G19 gaming layout for X3TC.

(*ok, I haven't really used this as a reference for a loft conversion, but I remember seeing that on the site aaaages ago)

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

Its good to see that you changed from a lurked to an poster. Welcome to the site Wave

You G19 gaming thingy looks really good, does it only work for X3TC and not X3AP?

Triscopic

Triscopic avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 12 years ago.

It should work for AP but I'm playing unmodded for the first time ever so haven't got round to trying it yet.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Oh right - you use an script to export the information for the plug-in to work. I guess there is no other way around it, exporting stats would be too slow.

Its a shame the x-games dont already have something like this already in them, nice work btw

Alpharius77

Alpharius77 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

Wrong Post... sorry

"Courage will carry you only so far; overwhelming firepower will take you the rest of the way" -- Unknown Infantryman
bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

Hello and Welcome,

I stay off the X boards, I think I have had about 2 posts on there and that's it. Here you won't get grilled about anything, we are friendly community, any thing about X you don't know, feel free to ask. Big grin

ikkoba

ikkoba avatar
Level badge Newguey (1)
Posted 12 years ago.

Hello there! I am new to the forum though have been lurking around for quite a bit already. I am heavy on computer games though my favorites do not always revolve around strategic games. The last game I raved over a lot is F1 2011 though my interest with the sport has played a lot about it.

Though the usual Red Alert still comes up on an older computer. You just have to love RA3.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Hi there and welcome to the site ikkoba! Wave

You need to log-in to post here.