Forum updates

Home Board Index » Website problems or errors » Forum updates

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 7 years ago.

As you may of noticed, the forum has been going under a few changes. However its not just how it looks, some of the code has changed too. I know not everything is up and running at the moment, but the basic forum functions should be (view topic/thread/board, reply, edit and create thread). So I am interested to hear what you think so far, and if you noticed any problems with the forum. thanks.

[Known issues]

- The statistics page isnt working atm,
- To rework the forum character stripping - so brackets can be used,

Oxidire

Oxidire avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 7 years ago.

Dark theme issues :
1- Every messages have .post_container > .post_footer taking only the top of the message.
2- (from 1- knowledge) In alternate messages case : .post_container > .post_footer : "background-color: #c8c8c8;" and .post_container : "background: rgb(25,25,25);" creating a gap of color frustrating moreover with : "color: #D4D4D4;" making it unreadable
3- Admins(/Moderators ?)'s message having the same issue than 1- and an alternate 2- where .post_container > .post_footer : "background-color: #c8ffff;" and ".post_container : rgb(25,25,25);" and same with "color: #D4D4D4;"

Other issue :
4- Deleting post (this very message) :
Delete reply

Fatal error: Call to undefined function howlongago() in /home/roguey/public_html/forum/modules/print_posts.php on line 270

I feel like an ass to point out only the issues Sad Could you tell us the features that you added and we may miss ? Or maybe the one you plan to add later on ?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

No worries, im glad to see the forum working and hear of any problems. I guess the main thing to you guys is that the design has changed. Dates arent displayed any-more instead how long ago, plus how threads are shown. Hopefully its a little cleaner than before? Its still a work-in-progress however.

[Update]
- I have done quite a few updates to the black theme, which should fix most/all of the issues. Im still not 100% happy with it however - any suggestions? Some of the black theme updates will apply to the whole site.

- Many of the moderation pages have now been fixed,

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

Well there has been some more changes done now. The biggest thing is a re-work of the user profile pages. I hope they are abit easier to navigate and provide more information. I have still got to do the update on the character stripping, post like and statistics page. Let me know what you think of the profile pages.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

I can't seem to access the blog section at all.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

I can't seem to access the blog section at all.
- Sinxar

Hi there, its down for maintenance for the time being - until I can get it working with the new commanders home area.

TheWhiteTiger

TheWhiteTiger avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 7 years ago.

Would be nice if you could add a link to the admin section and our profiles when we're logged in from the forums page. Other than that I like the changes, especially the "R" icon Wink

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

There seems to be a problems with page count. For example (Star Citizen area):
[poll] GUILD - If You are Star Citizen fan - read me! ( 1 . 2 . 4 . 4 )

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

thanks for letting me know.. ill have a look into it soon.

ps. nice to see your around tiger Wave

TheWhiteTiger

TheWhiteTiger avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 7 years ago.

ps. nice to see your around tiger
- Roguey

You as well Roguey Roguey supporter
I usually lurk in the background!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

Well today ive fixed a few issues with the forum. I have corrected the issue with the < > brackets, as you see they can be used now.

I have also fixed the page numbering too. If you notice anything odd with forum, please let me know.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

If you select text and press the "registered" button, it deletes the text instead of wrapping the tags.

Cannot find a logout button anywhere.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

thanks for letting me know - the registered button should work as intended now.

as for the log-out, I have added one to the normal log-in/out box Smile

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

Thanks.

You need to log-in to post here.