Download speed.

Home Board Index » Website problems or errors » Download speed.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

Could I quickly check, when d'loading one of your mods. What is the max d'load limit I can barely get over 550kb/s when my internet is 50mb/s

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

50mb nice connection! well the mod isnt host by me, so it depends on our nice friends at after-domination.net. I dont have the space to host such big files here. This site is on dynamic space, which means you can code things but you pay more for the bandwidth. The reason is because you need the server to run code, so requires more CPU from server than normal web space.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Fair enough, the 50mbs is good, but where I download from the servers give me a max of 1mb Cry so it's not that good. Atleast i can play the xbox and have computer running at the same time.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

heheh, well just cos you got a fast connection, it doesnt mean everyone else :P Some servers even limit the max download speed so they dont get over-taxed.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

True, I would like to find a website that gives me unlimited d'load speed. Just to see I can get it when d'loading not just on speed test.

TheWhiteTiger

TheWhiteTiger avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 12 years ago.

Mine is 1Mbps is that great or what Hate PC Hammer

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

It depends what you want it for. If you dont do much downloading or dont mind waiting then its fine. Gaming wise, anything over 0.5Mbps is over-kill. However like bozo64r finding, I think over 20-30Mbps that most servers cant handle you, so unless if you were downloading from different sites all the then 50-100Mbps would be useful.

I think ISP's are clever with their marking, making you think you need the biggest connection. When I first got cable modem, it was running at 0.5Mbps and it was great. Over the time its increased to 10Mbps (same package / price) and im finding it a bit over-kill now. However its nice when downloading PS3 demos/games.

TheWhiteTiger

TheWhiteTiger avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Well I only download demos/games from XBOX Live, it takes a while, however I don't really download that much of stuff, so it's good for now, but sometimes it becomes annoying when it comes to videos.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I d'load a few games from Xbox Live, it takes ages but it saves going out and buying them. I think it works out a little cheaper using Microsoft points.

TheWhiteTiger

TheWhiteTiger avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I really don't like that pointy system we have on XBOX Live, even simple stuff require some points for it. Borg

You need to log-in to post here.