Khaak weapons

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Khaak weapons

jaml

jaml avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 11 years ago.

I forgot to mention that I have installed the 'bonus pack', should I uninstall it first, then re-install it after installing the XRM? or doesn't matter

no - its ok Smile just do the install steps...

yes, if in vanila ap last is 03.... then rename in XRM to 04.dat 04.cat .....

No, problem - Im happy i could help.
If you have any questions about XRM - I be happy to answer Smile (if i can ;p)

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me...
Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

But what about the X3AP 3.0 Update? they said that XRM 1.28 won't be compatible with AP 3.0

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
Rassyu

Rassyu avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 11 years ago.

I have tried installing it last night and it makes my game crash Cry I have the latest patch for X3:AP is that whats causing the problem because in the link that was posted here it says that XRM 1 and 3 where not updated for v1.28???

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I'm so sorry Rassyu to hear that, we (me and jaml) should have made a more clear warning:

WARNING: Make sure you back up your original X3AP vanilla copy before you modify it (i.e before installing any mods like XRM) or mods could possibly make the game fail to run properly and/or crash in case you didn't follow exactly the instructions provided by the mod author in the Egosoft Forum.

So don't tell me you have tried installing that XRM on your original AP copy!! as jaml already said make a copy and modify the copy not the original one, and the instructions provided here are just quick and simple, I asked, and may not be complete.

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
Rassyu

Rassyu avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Oh its fine i have 2 hard drives and i did have a back up of it, so no worries there.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Ok, very good. So that's the reason why I don't usually use mods, and some of them are too complicated like XRM.

jaml

jaml avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 11 years ago.

But what about the X3AP 3.0 Update? they said that XRM 1.28 won't be compatible with AP 3.0

Yes, current XRM will not work with AP3.0, thats why I recomended to make a copy of game.
On my PC it looks like this:
C:...Steam... << vanilla instalation of TC/AP (I make a copy of it to drive D)

D:XRMAP.... <here is my copy of vanila game + xrm files + no steam executable

If you make it like this it will be no problem when 3.0 update come.

BTW: When the 3.0 update will be available, XRM guy will update XRM itself (thats what i readed in egosoft xrm forum) so it will be no problem playing ap3.0+(new/updated)XRM

@Rassyu:
Bro, please check install steps, it really should work without any problems.
If you need any additional help just tell me Smile

And guys, after you install and start playing ap-xrm, you probably will notice that when using seta sometimes you got "splash of energy" on screen, its SETA + Engine Trails bug. But Engine trails can be removed (and the game looks cool without it) so if you are angry at it, i can provide modified versions of file Tships - thats solve problems with this "annoying" bug.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me...
Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Ok jaml thanks again. Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

That is always a concern when using mods; the compatibility with newer versions of vanilla game. I guess with steam, everyone will be forced to update too.

Rassyu

Rassyu avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Ok so i figured it out i need the nosteam.exe..... But i can't get it off the egosoft forum. I am loged on there forum and cookies are on and it still says i can't download it. any suggestions???

Just to be clear i get my crash after the egosoft screen whan loading the main menu.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

To download the NoSteam.exe from egosoft, you have to register your game, see How do I register my game? for more info.

@jaml, the download link for the NoSteam.exe says that it is 'X3: Albion Prelude 2.0 - NoSteam executable', is that alright?

Rassyu

Rassyu avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

That link is not very helpful, so i did a search on google and found how to do it only had to right click on X3: TC in my steam and click on register game. Now gonna try to see if the mod works.

Oh and thank for trying raptor Wink

Rassyu

Rassyu avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

@Rassyu:
Bro, please check install steps, it really should work without any problems.
If you need any additional help just tell me
- jaml

Well ok even with the Nosteam.exe it still crashes and i have no clue why. I have followed all the steps correctly and i get a crash after the egosoft screen while the games loads up the main menu. I am not new to mods and this is the first time i have this amount of trouble getting it to work Cry

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

The previous link says you can also register via your forum profile (scroll down to Game Registration Code) Wink

What's the size and version of that exe file?

Rassyu

Rassyu avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

It's 976 KB

« 1 2 3 »

You need to log-in to post here.