Khaak weapons

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Khaak weapons

Rassyu

Rassyu avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 11 years ago.

So ive got a new PC and started playing X3ap again. Lucky me i find a Khaak corvette. now it already have 10 lasers on it but i still have 5 more weapon slots available. Is there any way to get some or am i stuck with the 10 i got?

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

Congratulations for your new PC Smile and for the Kha'ak Corvette Wink

There is a way to get more Beta Kyon Emitters: from abandoned Kha'ak Fighters if you found any, good profit Smile

For me, I found a Kha'ak Corvette too and it had 10 Beta KEs, and later I found 2 Kha'ak Fighters with 3 Beta KEs each. So my Kha'ak Corvette has 15 Beta KEs now Wink

Note: There is a script (somewhere Wink) that finds abandoned ships and secret containers (Engine Tunings & Rudder Optimizations).

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

-- Kha'ak Destroyer, where are you now? --

It seems that the Kha'ak Destroyer is, unfortunately, not available in vanilla AP.

While the Kha'ak Corvette is a formidable anti-fighter, the Kha'ak Destroyer would be an extremely powerful anti-capital and anti-fighter as well, it can easily wipe out almost all capitals (except powerful destroyers, not easily).

Also this ship, with the right turret commands/configurations, has an almost invincible missile defence system. Its indeed one of the most formidable destroyers in the game ever.

I really hope it will be available in the AP 3.0 Update, don't you too?.

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
Rassyu

Rassyu avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Ok, thanks for the info and yes i know of the script to find all the hidden ships and containers but i dont use it feels like cheating to me and i dont see the point as i love a challenge.

Will keep an eye out for those Khaak fighters.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Basically like Raptor said, you have get more from other abandoned khaak ships which will be difficult to find. There isnt any random spawns of the khaak - even in the UFJD sectors, as they been removed in X3AP.

jaml

jaml avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 11 years ago.

X3:AP + XRM
I have 2x Advanced Kha'ak Destroyers (Full exuiped with emiters) They are the very core of my strike fleet. My goal is to create independent full Kha'ak fleet with some corvetes and advanced interceptors. Im also want to add Kha'ak military transport ships too. This transport ships are not very loadable but each one can carry up to 12! ships, so they are quite usable, fast and can provide nice support to destroyers.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me...
Rassyu

Rassyu avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

X3:AP + XRM
I have 2x Advanced Kha'ak Destroyers (Full exuiped with emiters) They are the very core of my strike fleet. My goal is to create independent full Kha'ak fleet with some corvetes and advanced interceptors. Im also want to add Kha'ak military transport ships too. This transport ships are not very loadable but each one can carry up to 12! ships, so they are quite usable, fast and can provide nice support to destroyers.
- jaml

So how did you get all those?

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

They're scripted in.
I seem to have pulled a short straw on the abandoned Kha'ak front. virtually all weapons are Alpha type.

Somewhere out there is a Cobra Mk III with my name on it.
It isn't mine, some rando actually wrote my name across the side of his ship...
Rassyu

Rassyu avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I see ok then, ill keep my corvette as is is good for anti-fighter support i just let the AI use it its been doing well in it.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I may try that XRM however it seems that MODs, generally, break some game standards and change the balance in many aspects, so I will try it after finishing the vanilla first, and thanks jaml for the suggestion Smile

jaml

jaml avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

With XRM mod Kha'aks are back Smile In full scale.
I remember, one time (early game) i was deliveing something to station in Herrons Nebula. I pass the gate from Argon Prime to H.N. and WOOOOW. I enter in the middle of battle between Argon Forces and Kha'aks. There was 1 Khaak Adv. Destroyers + 3 Khaak Corvetes + some smaller Khaak ships in battle wiht Argon Titan + 2 Argon Cyclops...
It was realy nice view. Befoure Argon forces manage to destroy Kha'aks, Advanced Destroyer blow up Ore Mine to pices.

BTW: in XRM mod, if I remember, Khaak Adv Destroyer has 6x2GJ shields + tons of powerful beam weapons, its one of the few ships that can easy survive missiles barage... Her weponary is also very good. There are Alpha (the smallest), Beta (medium) and Gamma Kyon Emiters. Gamma emiter has quite long range (i think between 6-8km) and nice power. If you interested in weapons specification just tell me and I can check them for you.

Edit:
{ XRM change almost all game, IMO: it is NEW better AP. its like X3:AP v:8.0 Wink}

Edit2:
{ I get all those ships capturing them from enemies Smile }

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me...
Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

XRM change almost all game, IMO: it is NEW better AP. its like X3:AP v:8.0 Wink
- jaml

Ok then, I'll try that XRM now. What is the newest version of the XRM? give me a link Smile

jaml

jaml avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Here is everything You need Smile

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=304158

If You need any info or help with instalation just tell me Smile

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Ok, thanks

So I've read that link, and I found that it's too complicated, so could you please give very simple/easy way to install this XRM? I'm currently running 100% vanilla AP (v2.5.1). The newest XRM is 1.28, right?

jaml

jaml avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Sure Smile
Yes the newest is 1.28.

1. Make copy of Your vanila game to another drive/folder....
2. Download those 3 files (xrm part 1,2,3)
3. Download from egosoft X3:AP or TC or both NON STEAM executable
Now lets start to install xrm:

Unrar xrm files to temp folder.

Look at your 2nd X3AP folder (the one You created at point 1)
YOURFOLDERNAME.....(path to ap)addon

Rename the XRM cat/dats to the next consecutive number from the existing ones, i.e. if the last ones (in your vanilla copy in point1) are 03.dat and 03.cat then rename the XRM files to 04.dat/04.cat and 05.dat/05.cat.
"ZERO" at start is important!! If you rename file like "4.dat" IT WILL NOT WORK! Smile
now copy and overwrite (form temp folder to game folder /addon/....):
Folder "Director" (this one could be not existing - just copy it!)
Folder "t"
Folder "scripts_AP" to the folder "scripts"
Folder "Mov"
Folder "Soundtrack" TO TERRAN CONFILC soundtrack folder (NOT "ADDON" FOLDER HERE!)

Ok, now find "addonmov" folder, and file: 00044 . You need to rename it. "xxx00044"

Run the game with NO STEAM executable. You should get a message saying the XRM has been installed when you start a new game. WHEN STARTING NEW GAME (there can ba a pause - like 1 or 2 minutes, its not a bug - just wait).

HAVE FUN!

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Thanks a lot, jaml Smile and sorry for the delay. Smile

I forgot to mention that I have installed the 'bonus pack', should I uninstall it first, then re-install it after installing the XRM? or doesn't matter?

Rename the XRM cat/dats ... i.e. if the last ones (in your vanilla copy in point1) are 03.dat and 03.cat then rename the XRM files to 04.dat/04.cat and 05.dat/05.cat.

Are the XRM cat/dat files (in the temp folder) named like 01, 02 ... then I should rename to 04, 05 ... respectively (if the last one in vanilla is 03)? I just want to make sure these files will be named correctly Smile

Otherwise, the rest of those instructions are clear, thanks again Smile

1 2 3 »

You need to log-in to post here.