GUILD - If You are Star Citizen fan - read me!

Home Board Index » Star Citizen » GUILD - If You are Star Citizen fan - read me!

Mauzi

Mauzi avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 10 years ago.

That described system surely is interesting, covering both ranks and roles.

@Roguey: Since you ask for "what ranks to use", unlike for roles we'd firstly have to decide what kind of organisation we'd form and what the general background is. There's plenty of variations that I can think of, starting from a credits oriented greed group over a mercenary band to a religious sect (the latter is truly fun if welldone!), or, of course, a healthy mix of all of those. (pure Piracy was excluded already)

My suggestion is to firstly gather ideas about the organisation types and then start a poll. Only after that one can define suitable rank names. Though, at this stage we don't really need that - what's more important is that the roles can be freely designed, and that's what keeps the group going really.

Here's a couple of organisaton themes that come to my mind, some of which are listed as default settings in that SC post. I'd prefer to use the freestyle "organisation" rather though, making it harder for potential adversaries to know what we are about.

· trade & profit oriented = company
· production / supplies
· combat oriented = PMC
· cult type = faith (whatever theme, not necessarily religious)
· religion (good/neutral/evil, tolerant/enforcing)
· illegal stuff = syndicate (not what we plan on)
· private expansion / territorial
· nation / political entity
· band of privateers without much of a goal (we surely can have some of those)

The above are just a few examples of things I expect to be able to do in SC, and in my opinion we should cover all of them to be able to enjoy as many aspects of the game while also allowing to recruit great folks of any type.

Sarakin

Sarakin avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

I am a fan of the goalless privateers...I like the freedom from any sovereign entity...per se...however I don't want to be beholden to a "pirate code" either. My ship...my captures...my rules!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

lol.. @Mauzi are you saying I can make my own religious sect? now that would be funny.

Mauzi

Mauzi avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 10 years ago.

lol.. @Mauzi are you saying I can make my own religious sect? now that would be funny.
- Roguey

Glad you like that idea, I've done so in an RP environment in the past and it turned out to be the most fun I ever had in an online game. Gotta be careful about not going extremistic, of course, so the background story needs to be safe to go with.

To figure out a theme I'd like to discuss this further, but I fear that a forum isn't exactly useful for such, neither do I consider your chat tool for this (sorry!)- maybe we can figure out something via other chat means ?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

@Mauzi Yea I know, atm I can be a bit busy with things (especially with xmas soon now Xmas )

I agree that we need to talk about the idea soon, and a chat system would probably be better for that. For me it seems a little soon, not totally given up with XR yet. If nothing really changes in next month or two, then ill be more committed to SC. So for now, the forum is good for me, as we can talk about things, having a history (chat-messages disappear).

Bossie

Bossie avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

I like the idea of a nicely structured guild based on a government-style setup.(Mauzi's comment of 24Nov) Nod

Recruits can apply for positions in the aspect portfolio they like best and be promoted or elected to higher ranks based on performance/goal achievements etc.
Portfolio leaders meeting in secret locations to discuss past missions and future plans then posting jobs on a billboard for the players to select from, maybe with squad leaders selecting specific crews for mission-critical tasks.
(Sounds really tempting)
Also see link below about listing a guild.
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/91064/the-organization-directory

nosscar

nosscar avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

@Mauzi
hi, you probably know me from the ES forum, I would be game to join a guild if there is one being organised. Not sure of any current features to be included being mentioned yet for guilds, how do you think it might work.

« 1 2 3 4

You need to log-in to post here.