a request for the "My Home" section

Home Board Index » Chit-chat » a request for the "My Home" section

jacer08

jacer08 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 13 years ago.

hiya roguey,

just had a quick question. i was wondering if it would be possible to add a section to the "My Home" page, so that we can see new news posts.

it's not a huge deal. i just noticed today, as i was browsing your site, that there were a few news posts in sections that i hadn't noticed. so i thought, well what if there was an easy way to see if anyone has posted any new news?

i'm not sure if this would take a lot of work or not, just something to think about if you get bored. As always, i really appreciate you providing this webspace where we can all come together, and your willingness to listen to new ideas.

in eternity, forever lasts but an instant.
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 13 years ago.

Ive been thinking about that too, I'm not sure to throw it into recent activity page because its getting busy enough, plus the SQL is getting big.

For now there is 2 ways to check recent news, the facebook page or the RSS feed. If you subscribe to feed (and add your favourite bar), you should able to click on it and see the latest news from whole site. You can then click on the title, to be took straight to that news. The RSS feed is used on facebook too.

jacer08

jacer08 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 13 years ago.

ahh, i did not realize there was a RSS feed. i have subscribed to it, so that should solve the problem of being able to see all new news posts. thank you!

in eternity, forever lasts but an instant.
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 13 years ago.

hehe, its the way ive been checking recent news posts - maybe need to put a logo or something?ie. make it more clear there is a RSS feed.

TheWhiteTiger

TheWhiteTiger avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 13 years ago.

Roguey please: http://forum.roguey.co.uk/viewtopic.php?id=139#0

You need to log-in to post here.