The games we play

Home Board Index » Chit-chat » The games we play

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

[split from other thread]

well... tomb raider looked like a great game and its turned into one. Although with star trek I thought some people here may of looked into it, so I was just asking.

I do play other games btw, check:

- My PS3 trophies,

I'm not sure what game to support next to be honest. I need to look into star citizen again. Mist games I play usually have little replay value after they are beat.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

Well I checked the link, I see a huge list of games, what are all these games? have you actually tried all of 'em?!! , lol

I'm more interested in few PC games, have you tried any of these:

SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED
Battlefield 3
Assassin's Creed 3
Crysis 2 or 3
Dead Space 3
Resident Evil 5 or 6

What? Smile

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
TheWhiteTiger

TheWhiteTiger avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED
Battlefield 3
Assassin's Creed 3
Crysis 2 or 3
Dead Space 3
Resident Evil 5 or 6

What?
- Raptor

If there's any game that I like to play most these days then it would be the Assassin's Creed series, for me ACIII is the best game of 2012 and Revelations of 2011, and since it came out, whenever I had the time to play something, I played ACIII's story or multiplayer and still. Resident Evil 6 however, comes second, even though so far I only played it's demo (My opinion).

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Hello, Smile

Ok, I've played (but not finished) Assassin's Creed II & Brotherhood but not yet III, and I like the game, so I'm goanna try III yeah. I've also played Resident Evil 5 and it was a great one to me but 6 seems (from the trailer, I haven't tried it) much different? tell me, is it single player story like 5 or what? I just think 5 is older but maybe better? Smile

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Well I checked the link, I see a huge list of games, what are all these games? have you actually tried all of 'em?!

That list of games is a list of all the games ive played on the ps3, including all the achievements/trophies ive got in them. The list maybe rather long however its something ive built up over like 5 or 6 years. Just recently ive been moving back to the PC, as I was playing more on the PS3.

SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED
- Never played,

Battlefield 3
- Ive played BF3 on the PC and didnt really get on with it. I would spend like 30mins getting some-where, only to get shot from one random location. Then id have run all the way back there. I didnt find it much find.

Assassin's Creed 3
- Ive played AC2, AC2:Brotherhood (both platinumed - meaning got 100% of trophies). I felt that AC2 was the best, and for me the series was moving away from what I liked.

Crysis 2 or 3
- Never played,

Dead Space 3
- Ive not played Dead-space 3, however ive played 1 and 2 (the 1st platinumed). The first I felt was the best - USG Ishimura, all unknown and made me jump quite a few times. The second was okay but I felt just more of the same. As for the third, well havnt played it but I did feel that coop-play isnt really suited to Dead Space.

Resident Evil 5 or 6
- Im pretty sure ive played 5 on the PS3. It seemed okay.

---

Games recently played:

Duke Nukem Forever
- Geez, it kind-of sucked. it wasnt too bad on normal difficulty but put on insane its just stupid. You could die in half a second, only to face a load time of 30/35seconds to re-load. Its not too bad once or twice, but do it 10-20 times then the load time get very annoying. There is even a glitch you can use to cheat through the game too..

Darksiders II
- Not sure what is, but I didnt get on with it so well. I thought Darksiders II would be great, after the pretty good DarkSiders I. It was often confusing, with no clue where to go. Even the guide dust would fly-off in the wrong direction, confusing me more.

Borderlands 2
- One of the better games ive played recently, I had a lot of fun playing it. I even got my character up-to level 61 (in ultimate vault hunter mode) although I did feel that the level 61 weapons did have quite enough boom power.

Tomb raider
- Its been a great game although once the story is beaten, its just been about collecting items now. Its silly there is no achievement/trophy for completing the game on very hard.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Ok... Smile well

Besides, I've also played the most (for me) terrifying/scary paranormal horror game I've ever played (for a 2009 game) F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin Eek, it was however one of the greatest FPS game I've ever played by that time, its unique and has its exciting/dramatic interaction and music but it is so creepy. So for now I want to try F.E.A.R 3 but I'm not sure if it is like F.E.A.R 2? Wink

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Well im not really a fan of the scary-games, although I did enjoy Dead-Space. Have you tried any of them raptor?

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Ok, I'll tell you what I have tried:

X3: Reunion & Terran Conflict & Albion Prelude
I'm currently playing X3 Albion Prelude - XRM

Assassin's Creed II & Brotherhood
I like Assassin's Creed games

Need For Speed - Shift & Hot Pursuit
Great racing games

Crysis
The high graphics & physics of this game is what makes it a maximum game IMO
I haven't tried Crysis 2 nor 3 yet, these two are developed by Crytek's powerful CryENGINE® 3

Half Life 2 & Episode One & Two
This game was great for me, Episode Three (or Half Life 3) should have been released by now but unfortunately not

Aliens vs. Predator
I liked the old (2003) one so much, but the 2010 one isn't as much interesting as the old one unfortunately (however the high graphics).

F.E.A.R & F.E.A.R 2

Resident Evil 5
I'm not sure if I'm goanna try RE 6 but I liked RE 5 very much

There is also some old games I've played like F-22 Raptor & F-22 Lightning 3, I'm a fan for flight and space simulations

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I remmeber playing Half-Life 2 a long time ago, I think that was the first time I used steam - if I remember correctly.

As for the x-games, well I think ive played them all, up-to now. I think I did most of the story lines in them all too.

as for Crysis, I heard its very demanding on your system.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

I like Crysis. A lot of people consider it a bad game due to the story, but honestly I enjoyed it. I built my current PC specifically to run Crysis at decent settings lol. Crysis Warhead was OK also, gave a bit of variety. Crysis 2 had some nice looking areas but it seemed like they took away a lot of the open gameplay feel and gave you less options. I haven't even looked into Crysis 3 yet because 2 was just underwhelming compared to the first. I heard there will be more jungle levels though, so that sounds fun.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Yes indeed, that Crysis game barely runs on my [Win 7 64-bit/DX 11, Core i3 2.93GHz, GeForce GTS 450 and 6 GB RAM] PC at highest quality settings. Imagine how would Crysis 2 & 3 run on the same PC!

But, apart from the story (I'm not commenting on it), they are great/amazing games in terms of graphics details and physics. Smile

@Roguey, for SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED, sadly it has a serious bug, the 'lag/delay' bug! Sad

TheWhiteTiger

TheWhiteTiger avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

For now the only game that I'm waiting for is ACIV.

Hello,

I've also played Resident Evil 5 and it was a great one to me but 6 seems (from the trailer, I haven't tried it) much different? tell me, is it single player story like 5 or what? I just think 5 is older but maybe better?
- Raptor

Oh sorry I haven't noticed your question, Raptor... Actually for me when I played RE5 I didn't really like it, I found it hard (maybe that was just the demo though), but I played RE6 recently and it seemed much better , more advanced for me, and it also has four campaigns, so basicly I find it better, however maybe when you try it you'll have a different opinion.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I'm currently playing Mass Effect 3, this game is so wonderful (gamespot score 9.0, Editors' Choice, btw), its somewhat related to X Rebirth.
Actually for me when I played RE5 I didn't really like it, I found it hard (maybe that was just the demo though), but I played RE6 recently and it seemed much better , more advanced for me, and it also has four campaigns, so basicly I find it better, however maybe when you try it you'll have a different opinion.
- TheWhiteTiger

Well, I'm looking forward to try RE6 then, thanks for the reply. Smile

But I haven't tried AC III yet, so which one you liked most? AC III or previous ones?

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

I play a weird selection of games, but some of the recents are:
X3TC
X3AP
Planetside 2
Burnout Paradise
Castle Crashers
Sonic Adventure 2 & DX
FTL
And most of the Trackmania's
I like racers a lot, I also love Sci-Fi games, but I don't like shooters. At all. PS2 is the only one I play, because Tanks.

I will be the one to take you down!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Oh sorry I haven't noticed your question, Raptor... Actually for me when I played RE5 I didn't really like it, I found it hard (maybe that was just the demo though),

Oh, Ive played that on the PS3 awhile back. It didnt seem that bad to me, although I was with a friend.

@RandomTank what's Castle Crashers like? ive seen it on countless sales but never got it. The art-work reminds me of dungeon defenders somewhat - although I guess its nothing like it.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

It plays a bit like an Arcade RPG, where battles are fought on a 2D plane, but you can move back and forth towards the screen (kinda hard to explain). It's fun stuff, with various enemy types, well scaled difficultly and great humour (as it is a Newgrounds game!). There is plenty of Characters to unlock, but gameplay can get a bit repetitive. It works a lot smoother with an Xbox controller, and you can play split screen on the PC if you have enough controllers! You can also play online with your friends or just randoms, which is good fun. I would recommend buying it when it's on sale, because it is fun, but I wouldn't say it's a real time killer, more one to play with your mates (unless you like power-levelling like a b****! Smile )

I will be the one to take you down!
1 2 3 »

You need to log-in to post here.