The games we play

Home Board Index » Chit-chat » The games we play

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

The main trailer for AC-IV:

Are there more trailers, but not game-play, other than this one?

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Currently playing:
Digimon Masters Online (dont be niegative its really good)
Age Of Conan Unchained
Dota 2
Left 4 Dead 1/2
Black And White 2 + Battle Of The Gods
No More Room In Hell
And occasionall X3AP because i miss to blow things up with my "I" Big grin

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
TheWhiteTiger

TheWhiteTiger avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

Are there more trailers, but not game-play, other than this one?
- Raptor

This is one of the first ones:

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Why no one is making a wonderful space game like that? : Bash the wall

Wow, what an epic battle! Eek

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Oh, Battlestar Galactica.. well usually scenes like those are rendered slower rate than a game's frame-rate. This allows them to add a lot more action than possible in a game, as it doesnt matter if it takes 5 hours to render 5 minutes worth of content.

During the past 5-10 years, processing power (GPU's / CPU's) have increased massively, allowing some great scenes to happen. I remmeber seeing an old pixar scene (a few years back) that used to take like 5 hours to render, but a GPU was doing it 30fps. So give it another 5-10 years and our in-game graphics will probably look like the video renders.

Martinez90

Martinez90 avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 10 years ago.

What a beautiful video with Battlestar galactica theme. I definetly have to rewatch 4 seasons thanks to you!! Big grin

MSI GT70 PE2 Dominator Pro: 17,3 inch - 1920x1080, Intel Core i7-4800MQ 2,7GHz - 3,7GHz on Turbo, 16GB DDR3 CL11, nVidia GTX 880M 8GB, Intel HD4600, 1TB 32MB 7200RPM HDD, Windows 8.1 64bit
Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Oh, me too have to watch a season or two, I haven't watched them before! Big grin

Maverick

Maverick avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hi Guy's
Just looking back at some of these posts, (as I'm a newbie here), and I have to say, you guy's blow me away with your knowledge, some of the technical things you're talking about go way above my head!!!!
I love the Battlestar Galactica Battle, and have to agree with Raptor, It would make a great game.

I don't actually play a lot of games, and some of the ones mentioned here, I haven't even heard of, ("ashamed to say"), but I am a fan of the simulators. played most of the X series, (on Rebirth at the moment when I can get it to work..lol), but so far am disapointed with it... hope it improoves! and mostly play around on Flightsim X, as a former glider pilot, I enjoy flying.

Would like to see "Star Citizen" released and give that a go... looks really interesting...

Anyway, just wanted to say how impressed I was with your knowledge guy's.
Many Thanks
Mav

Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.
Stephen Hawking
Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Hi and welcome Mav, I'm a fan of simulators too and I know that Flight Sim X from Microsoft, however I haven't played it, it seems fun I know but I'm looking for those which focus on combat (and military careers) or futuristic space simulators like the X-Series, Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous. Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well myself, ive been playing a few odd games atm (Worms, Saints-Row4, Batman etc.). Although most of what ive been playing, I have posted onto my youtube channel. Both Star Citizen and Elite-D are miles away unfortunately.

Maverick

Maverick avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hi Guy's

Thanks for the welcome Raptor, I too enjoy the combat and the futuristic space sims, Flight Sim X for me is just the sheer pleasure of flight, Navigation and situational flying.. by that I mean placing certain situations with regard to weather and aircraft faliures to test piloting skills.

I appreciate Roguey how far off Star Citizen is, but it would be good to see it, as for Elite-D, I don't know that one, so will have to look up on it..

But thanks for your comments.

Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.
Stephen Hawking
XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Roguey@ Why weird, Worms are awesome Big grin.

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
Gomorragh

Gomorragh avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Ive just started in the EQ Next Landmark, im liking the building at the moment, and in the next week or so communal building will start, or so it was said wednesday, i was just wondering are you taking part in any such games at the moment?

Cmdr Gomorragh - Stares at players, just waiting ......
AlexanderSziller

AlexanderSziller avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Having fun with X: Beyond the Frontier at the moment. Recently completed Xtension (killing the Perseus was kinda annoying).

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 9 years ago.

X:Rebirth
Crusader Kings 2
URW (http://www.urw.fi)

There is no many new games I'm looking forward at the moment. E:D of course but I'm going to wait for Linux version which is most likely going to happen after OSX and console versions.

I have quite nice backlog at the moment so there is no huge hurry Smile

« 1 2 3

You need to log-in to post here.