The games we play

Home Board Index » Chit-chat » The games we play

TheWhiteTiger

TheWhiteTiger avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

But I haven't tried AC III yet, so which one you liked most? AC III or previous ones?
- Raptor

Different stories, they're all fun to play each game has it's own experience, but as you move forward from II to III Conor do some stuff that we didn't see back in Brotherhood and Revelations, so I personally recommend trying them all to start the story from the beginning, but if you're looking for multiplayer then pick ACIII so you can find more people to play with. ACIV is coming this October by the way Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Different stories, they're all fun to play each game has it's own experience, but as you move forward from II to III Conor do some stuff that we didn't see back in Brotherhood and Revelations

Oh the Assassin creed series; I dunno if its just me but I feel they are turning way to many of them now. I used to play ACII and ACII:Brotherhood, but after-that I kind-of lost my will with them. The countless I spent grinding those online trophies in Brotherhood.. gheez. and for me Brotherhood was really frustrating at times.

At one stage, didnt they say Assassin's Creed: Revelations would be the last one in the series? now we on like the 6th game? crazy

Hammerit

Hammerit avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 10 years ago.

At one stage, didnt they say Assassin's Creed: Revelations would be the last one in the series? now we on like the 6th game? crazy
- Roguey

Well developers can say a lot of things, but if the publisher tells them otherwise the series won't end. Remember how many "last" tomb raiders they made? It was so bad it turned into a running gag with most games mags after a while ...

Btw here's my steam list of games if you're interested in what I play on pc: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008495432/games?tab=all. Just guess what game's leading the charge with a whopping 388 hrs on record ... the answer won't surprise you at all I'd wager :P.

On consoles I'm pretty much a eastern RPG nut.

I mostly play rather dated games though. Eg. I've just completed Final Fantasy XII on PS2 a few weeks ago and still play X-Com rather often (the DOS game of course)

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well developers can say a lot of things, but if the publisher tells them otherwise the series won't end. Remember how many "last" tomb raiders they made? It was so bad it turned into a running gag with most games mags after a while ...
- Hammerit

True, although after 2013 release its good to see Tomb-raider is back (I enjoyed it a lot). It did need a big kick up the rectum. I have no idea how they are going to do a sequel although.

Btw here's my steam list of games if you're interested in what I play on pc:

Cant blame you for Duke Nukem Forever: 3.1 hrs on record, geez that was a poor game! I played it on the ps, and its load times were horrible - 30 secs to reload (even after a death). After-that it was just hard work, without any fun.

Im surprised you havent played Borderlands 1 at all, nor got Borderland 2 to be honest..

Other than that, I see quite a few games that we have in-common (quite a few ive played on the ps3 although). Ive only started going to steam in the past year or so.

I mostly play rather dated games though.

Kind-of funny when there been so many remastered games recently - like the newer games havnt been all that great.

Hammerit

Hammerit avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well developers can say a lot of things, but if the publisher tells them otherwise the series won't end. Remember how many "last" tomb raiders they made? It was so bad it turned into a running gag with most games mags after a while ...- Hammerit
True, although after 2013 release its good to see Tomb-raider is back (I enjoyed it a lot). It did need a big kick up the rectum. I have no idea how they are going to do a sequel although.
- Roguey

It's not that much of a Tomb Raider anymore though ... which is good because I hated those games with a passion.

Im surprised you havent played Borderlands 1 at all, nor got Borderland 2 to be honest..
- Roguey

I haven't played them yet because by the time I got around to actually buy them none of my friends played them anymore Sad. I'd love to try out borderlands one day though.

When it comes to shooters I mostly like to play coop with friends. Playing PVP against me isn't much fun so I don't do that unless I need to blow off some steam. Why? Because with a rifle I quite easily shoot the slightly discolored pixel off an opponents eye from half a mile away. When I'm angry I only hit half of the time so it's fine Wink.

The only exception are silly fast games like Team Fortress 2 or Chivalry. That's why I like playing them against random people Smile. It's fun to be killed every once in a while after all. Especially since then you're not accused of cheating every two seconds Sad.

The only MMO I've ever really enjoyed playing was FFXI. If SE hadn't started ruining it with countless simplification updates a few years ago I might still be playing it Sad. When I finally stopped playing I already had 3 years on my belt.

The WoW hype is something I never quite understood. I played the game in the beta ... wasn't impressed. Even though I'd won a free copy with 6 months of free play time I never looked back after they fluffed up the launch so royally. And don't even get me started on EVE ... or those countless pay to win games.

My first mmo ever was ragnarok online I think ... that game was just so silly it deserves being mentioned LOL.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

@TheWhiteTiger, OK... I'm gonna try AC-III then AC-IV but I hope my PC can run them smoothly at high quality settings as it hardly runs (just runs) AC-Brotherhood at the highest settings. Anyway I'm now playing Mass Effect 3 then I'm gonna try Crysis WARHEAD & Crysis 2. Smile

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
TheWhiteTiger

TheWhiteTiger avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Oh the Assassin creed series; I dunno if its just me but I feel they are turning way to many of them now. I used to play ACII and ACII:Brotherhood, but after-that I kind-of lost my will with them. The countless I spent grinding those online trophies in Brotherhood.. gheez. and for me Brotherhood was really frustrating at times.
- Roguey

It was fun though, when I first played AC my attention was only turned at the story which was very impressive actually and since then, Ubisoft never failed me with the story, as I liked each and everyone of them so far, in fact I like how they keep changing cultures and places on each game. For multiplayer I only started to like it since Revelations even though I did play Brotherhood quite a lot that I reached it's maximum level but still.

- Roguey

As far as I'm concerned they said it was the last chapter for "Ezio" but not the whole series. Smile

@Raptor, I suggest that, if possible, get yourself a console so that you won't run into such issues Smile

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

@TheWhiteTiger,

Wow, Assassin's Creed III runs great & smooth on my PC at the highest quality settings Nod, actually better than Brotherhood!! and the game looks awesome BTW, I just started playing it now.

What about AC-IV? I guess you are playing it? Smile

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
TheWhiteTiger

TheWhiteTiger avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Glad that it worked and the fact that you enjoyed it. Smile
If you like how to sail in AC III then you, in no doubt will LOVE ACIV, you can spend as much time as you like in the sea, the story and the gameplay are pretty impressive I didn't finish it yet though. However If you like to play multiplayer/online then I personally prefer the previous titles for it. Have fun and don't forget to tell me what you think after beating the game. Smile

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Hello there, yes I know AC-IV looks great, I'm gonna try it later. But right now I'm still at the very beginning of AC III. And good to see you're still around, white tiger. Smile

I'm, btw, still playing X3 AP (with the new v3.0 + "TC plots for AP" mod + "Improved Kha'ak 2: The Revenge" script), feels like a way more improved X3 experience.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

A question, why in the whole world (the modern and civilized world) there isn't a single true space simulation mature-rated game? eh? could anyone tell me why??? Exp Bash the wall Hate PC

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

could anyone tell me why???
- Raptor

Because there is no need for cursing, violence and drug abuse in a true space sim (like Kerbal Space Program).

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Well a game like Mass Effect 3 (mature rated) has nothing to do with all those things you mentioned except some violence just like that in the X-Games (like X Rebirth). And I believe that teen games are best suited for teens, isn't that right? Cry

Well I just mean, it would be better to see more complexity in the simulation part of the game (i.e physics (or even Sci-Fi) & effects & technical specs of objects... etc) not just graphics & size of the universe, as I already said before we don't even see, for example, the mass unit (e.g kg) in the entire game, which should be basic feature in a true simulation! I'm not sure, if its necessary though, but that's what I meant for 'mature-rated' anyway. Smile

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well a game like Mass Effect 3 (mature rated) has nothing to do with all those things you mentioned except some violence just like that in the X-Games (like X Rebirth). And I believe that teen games are best suited for teens, isn't that right?
- Raptor

I think you are misunderstanding the rating system. ME3 is rated mature for language, sexual themes and realistic violence & blood. If something is rated Teen, it doesn't mean it is for teens specifically. It is like a movie that is rated R because of the content in the movie, not the age group the movie is meant for.

The X games aren't sims either though, even though Steam claims it is. Egosoft adopted fun-sics, much like Eve-Online where space is actually more like water. IMO it wouldn't make much of a difference if it was more realistic. Just be a lot harder to control and if they added things like fuel, it would become too much of a chore to play it and have fun.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Oh Sinxar, thanks for explaining the rating system to me. Smile
much like Eve-Online where space is actually more like water

See? that's what I'm talking about, space is far from being like water! so don't say it wouldn't make much of a difference if it was more realistic, actually, IMO, it would. And about being harder to control, yes, that's the idea, like for combat it would also be for your flight and combat skills not just about bigger ships and more powerful weapons.

I'm not saying Egosoft style isn't so good, I like their games so far and I'm a fan as you can see in my account badge, but it's just that I also wanted a true simulation space game as well (in addition to the X-Games). Smile

« 1 2 3 »

You need to log-in to post here.