Custom Ships HELP

Home Board Index » X3: Reunion » Scripts and Modding » Custom Ships HELP

Outlaw_no1

Outlaw_no1 avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 12 years ago.

I added two weapons into the game. They work just that last section in the hud won't show up named just missing textid

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

oh right, well if your getting textid's then you probably need to add correct desc id to the laser in types/tlasers

Or, in the language file - make sure the desc is in the correct place. Its bound to be one of them

Outlaw_no1

Outlaw_no1 avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Thats the thing in Tlasers it reads fine. when I open it in X3E2 it reads the names fine. In the command section it knows the names of my weapons when I cheat add them to my ship, or when I add them to a station to sell its just in the HUD in the right hand bottom corner where the icons are displaded that it gives me the textid error.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

hmm.. sounds maybe like something to do with the language file. How/where and what are you naming it in your mod?

Outlaw_no1

Outlaw_no1 avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I just made a new entry in the 440001 like I would for the shipt and then had tlasers reference use the new entry.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

hi there,

well usually when making a mod, you make another language file for your mod - this saves adding the large 440001.xml language file. For example 440003.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<language id="44">
<page id="7" title="Boardcomp. Sectornames" voice="yes">
<t id="1021111">Pirate Paradise</t>
</page>
</language>

When placing the xml inside the mod, are you placing like: t\440001.pck ? Im guessing you use English in your game too? as 44 is english language file only. You can check this by opening lang.dat (a small text file) with the language number that your game is using.

Its worth checking the xml, making sure the line of text you added is okay too. As X3 can be more sensitive than X3.

If its still not working, make sure your text is on the correct page inside the xml, because X3/TC wont find it and will give you an readtext error. X3 wont go searching for the text.

Outlaw_no1

Outlaw_no1 avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<language id="44">
<page id="17" title="Boardcomp. objects" descr="Quad line groups for ware factory pairs or twins (spoken by Boardcomputer)" voice="yes">
<t id="5902">Swordfish II</t>
<t id="5903">An old MONO racer, this spaceplane has been modified and refitted extensively to give the craft superior performance and handling. The incredible speed of the Swordfish II enables the craft to rapidly overtake most other aircraft/spacecraft and the ship features numerous high-powered thrusters allowing for quick stops and instant changes in flight. For use in combat, the Swordfish II carries four, sealed internal machine guns for short to medium range firing and one turret mounted, high-powered plasma cannon attached to the ventral side of the fuselage for long range attack. The racer also has the option of using missiles on the two hardpoints mounted on the outside edge of each wing. See You Space Cowboy....</t>
<t id="5904">L-s9.3 blaster cannon</t>
<t id="5905">The high speed rapid fire GENOM L-s9.3 blaster cannon fires 9.36cm hollowed out uranium core artillery shells at a speed of 750 rounds per minute. The cannon is a strong contender at close to medium range.</t>
<t id="5906">M3C Devastator Plasma Cannon</t>
<t id="5907">WDF Armory M3C Devastator Plasma cannon is a beam based weapon that is capable of chewing through even the toughest armor. This is best used as a long to medium range solution.</t>
</page>
</language>

Now even my ship name doesn't show up nor do my weapons in the command section.
I don't think my tship and Tlazer files know to lookin 44002 there are still looking in 44001 how do I tell it to look else where?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

44001 and 44002 are both used by egosoft. The next free space is 44003, however you can use any number from 3 to 999, ie. 44055 and X3/TC will see it.

Outlaw_no1

Outlaw_no1 avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Okay that worked for the ship name, however my weapons on the HUD are still =textid=

Picture

Picture

The progress I have made so far!

[Roguey] images changed to thumbnails.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Looking good! Slowly getting a new ship together, which is always great to see.

The readtext errors are just X3/TC not finding the text inside your language file. Make sure the text is on the correct pages, as with weapons you will find a few entries about each, because its listed as a ware, factory and laser type. Its easy to add to the wrong page,

Outlaw_no1

Outlaw_no1 avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I only listed it in section 17: in the language file what other areas does it need to be listed?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

page 17 should be correct. When you add entries to page 17, what number are you starting with? try starting your entries at 8000 or higher, so they are well clear of the X3 entries. Any help? Otherwise they may get overwritten.

Outlaw_no1

Outlaw_no1 avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

With my model completed I am at 45,591 polys and almost the same in verticeys when I rest for x-form it nearly doubles naturally my load times are horrable. I turn it back in to a bob will it quicken up?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Load times will improve massively when turned into a compressed bod. A model that took 30 seconds to loaded (uncompressed) can load in within 0.5 second or less (depending on your PC of-course). Compressing the model is usually done as the last step, ie. its finished.

Outlaw_no1

Outlaw_no1 avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

If I am using x3 mod manager does it not complile it for me if I drop a .bod file in? or should I be using x2bc to compile it first?

When trying to compile I get this from my cmd

my input

"C:\Program Files (x86)\x2bc\x2bc.exe"--compile --bob "C:\Program Files (x86)\x2bc\swordfish2.bod" "C:\Program Files (x86)\x2bc\swordfish2.bob"

I get error

Compiler - line 1, col 1- error unexpected here "cut1"

And it stops compiling. Does the same thing with stoc X3 files I converted from .bod to bod

I removed the // comments at the top of the file that dbox puts in the files now it just crashes out....

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

You need to log-in to post here.