Save game sharing

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Save game sharing

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well if I am on the list when do I get to play? idea sounds great .

When the active player clicks on finished, the next person in the queue should get save to continue with.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

Looking at the image you posted earlier in the thread, Roguey, perhaps put a hyperlink somewhere on that page to the bonus pack on ES's site. For the benefit of the people who may not have it, it would then be easier to find.
Also, in the event that there's a gap in the queue between two players, or an active player fails to upload on time, what would happen to the save file?

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Roguey, perhaps put a hyperlink somewhere on that page to the bonus pack on ES's site.

It was just some dummy data; something I knocked-up to test with basically. However full description can be written for save-games, has you can use UBB code, where you can link to things etc.

Also, in the event that there's a gap in the queue between two players, or an active player fails to upload on time, what would happen to the save file?

I thought about that too. After a little time thought about email; this solves so many problems for me. Firstly bandwidth issue (ie. its much lighter on the site, so we can have 3 or 4 games running for each game), then secondly emails allow you to pass on the save directly to each other. As the site will keep track of the current game by dealing with queue's / blogs.

Email address will not be displayed publicly, and will only be available to the active player and previous players. Queue players will not revel their email either, only when they are to take over the game. Email means we dont need to worry about any failed uploads (screwing up the path), has the person can simply re-send the save-game to the next player.

I can still change things, if you want them to be. Does it sound okay?

ps1. when someone is brave, why not try it? Smile

ps2. I could add more code to control the queue later on, encase the leader wants to skip a person or something.

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Multiple versions of each stage of the game sounds interesting, maybe some of you experts could sort out a means of quick comparison between versions......... e.g. Screen shot of Player Stats to start, available map etc., but whilst you might measure progress and profits how do you measure entertainment .... as a Kirlack type blog obviously makes a better case than, "I made seven grillion credits, I shot 80 ships, I found one Xenon sector, I died. Newbie Out!"

I am an Alien!
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

ps1. when someone is brave, why not try it?
- Roguey

Challenge accepted! :p I'll install a fresh TC + bonus pack tonight and get started Big grin I'm thinking Humble Merchant for a game start (unless anyone has any reason not to?)

but whilst you might measure progress and profits how do you measure entertainment .... as a Kirlack type blog obviously makes a better case
- AlphanInfidel

LOL. Not everyone shares my devotion to piracy though mate Wink Even I'm going to try and be good on this game :p

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Challenge accepted! :p I'll install a fresh TC + bonus pack tonight and get started

Glad to hear! hopefully with the site you should be able to just to click new game, then right a small description. Be sure to set yourself has the active player by clicking join queue just after you created the game. hopefully everything will work okay Smile

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Ok, so I've started the first TC community save! Big grin Quick question Roguey, my email is still listed as [old email], which is no longer active. How do I change it?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

my email is still listed as [old email], which is no longer active. How do I change it?

okay, well just contact me and let me know your new email address. Then I can update it.

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

@ Roguey :-
Perhaps a separately named page (And moron proof guidelines!) to enable 'kick off' or joining the queue as appropriate.
@ Seygantte :-
Yet another fruitless day in UFJD sector! Any further tips/encouragements ?

I am an Alien!
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

okay, well just contact me and let me know your new email address. Then I can update it.
- Roguey

Done Smile Thanks mate Smile

Also, how do you add a blog to the save game? Not that I need to just yet, but I can't see any option to.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

BAM, I'm next in the Q Kirlack; better not leave me a load of your mess to clean up! :p

Take as long as you want on it though, I know you're a busy guy so you need more time to do more stuff! Dizzy

I will be the one to take you down!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Also, how do you add a blog to the save game? Not that I need to just yet, but I can't see any option to.

After you finished your go, a button should appear to add blog. I did it like that as you allows the last player to post about their experience. Although I could change it, if you want to blog whilst playing.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Nope, that's cool, makes perfect sense Smile Besides, I doubt there'll be much to blog about to start off with :p

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

I think it would be good if the active player could type into the blog and save the progress during their time, and then publish the completed entry at the end of their session. This style would allow people to do many small entries over the course of their turn, rather than one lump post at the end. I imagine some people might find that daunting.

@AlphaInfidel
If you're playing X3AP, can you start the Shady Business plot? inb4 spoilers, but early in it you acquire an item which may help you find stuff in UFJD sectors. I say "may" because I'm doing the still doing that plot myself and so haven't tested to see if it works how I think yet.

I'd like if anyone who knows the item I'm talking about could tell me if it works how I think it will work.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I think it would be good if the active player could type into the blog and save the progress during their time, and then publish the completed entry at the end of their session.

Okay, ive changed it so the active player can also add a blog, as well as the last player. Blogs can be edited, and so could include updates on the way.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

You need to log-in to post here.