Save game sharing

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Save game sharing

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

As to the blog entries I'd expect to make notes into notepad, or similar, and Edit those before squirting highlights (If any exist) into a blog type format.

@Seygantte, close to finishing that plot so I have used the aforementioned piece of kit in the course of play (It's easy and effective in the plot if you follow Roguey's guide!) As there will be severe reprisals, I've suspended the plot in order to upgrade the capabilities of a Cobra and whatever I choose to fly .....Hence UFJD. (I've also bought a Vidar, 2nd Boreas, and a Terran bomber, to equip and I'm busy stockpiling missiles from my own fabs and Aldrin.) But the gizmo isn't active for me in UFJD... is a mod required? I'd consider it because 'flight crew morale' is at rock bottom. Anyway off to another day in sunny UFJDLand!

P.S. It would be very useful to know if there can be more than 1 P.Box per UFJD sector.

P.P.S. After several more unrewarding hours of dropping and picking back up an Adv.Sat,.... I became so fed up I divided the volume of a sector you need to search (400km X 400km X 400km) by the volume of a sphere of radius 34.5km and the answer is about 372 Adv.sats ......... and this would be a very low estimate of how many it would really take due to the differences in shape. AAAaaaaaaaaarrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!

I am an Alien!
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

Roguey, I tried to add a blog of the first play session, but when I click save it just comes up 'no blog id set'. Help? Smile

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 10 years ago.

Looking good Roguey, i am very busy at work so I'm gonna let someone else pilot the first run on this one. I'll defiantly join in though.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Roguey, I tried to add a blog of the first play session, but when I click save it just comes up 'no blog id set'. Help?

Hey Kirlack. Looking through whats happened; the code did create the blog successfully, however there were a few things set wrong; mostly to do with the change from standard web-addresses to dynamic ones. ie. /x3tc/saves/game-1/blogs/ etc. (the last two folders dont exist), they are made-up. Hopefully with a few tweaks/fixes, should sort everything out now.

as for the no blog id, that is strange. Hopefully this is fixed too. I have changed the desc in one place, encase it comes up again.

I also had a few errors in the get function (shows information on a single game) which meant it didnt show the last 3 blogs. Thats been fixed too.

Sorry if there are troubles with the system; although there is a lot going on. The blog system is just one part of things, which on the main site was a major thing for me. In this save-game section, ive had to do like 5 or 6 'big' things, the code is 63kb (63,000 characters long), so im bound of made a few silly mistakes Smile

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well, it looks like it works now, I can see the blog he posted, even commented on it. Dayum Roguey, you are one good site admin, you reply quick and you work quick!

I will be the one to take you down!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

hehe, thanks! I want it to work as much as you guys too - spent quite awhile on it.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

It looks good so far, i can't wait to use it properly! Toetap

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

well I might do something about the looks.. the get page anyway, although I wanted to see how it filled in like. dummy-data is only good for testing.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Ah, awesomesauce! Big grin Thanks Roguey Big grin

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I just wanted to say thanks to you guys for trying the system.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I just wanted to say thanks to you guys for trying the system.
- Roguey

No, no. Thank you. You're then one who put in the work to make it possible. After all, this is probably the closest any X series game will ever get to being multiplayer!

Hats off to Roguey! Big grin

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Second that Kirlack, and in the Queue!

I am an Alien!
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Ok, I've got a question for RandomTank and AlphanInfidel, since you guys are playing the com-save after me Wink

I've long since stopped using Mk3 traders (ST/LT/UT) as I don't like the way they'll happily trade for a 2 credit profit per unit. So I've switched to using CLS networks. How do you feel about picking up the game with these running in the background?

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

I've never been a fan of MkIII traders, and only have one ST in my current AP (To help with Terran rep.) I use mostly CLS2 and a few ClS1 anyway, they're competent, self sufficient and keep things ticking along nicely. Also as they train up I can expand/develop my complexes.
As I expect us all to do things very differently (With a few overlaps and tips picked up from the forums!) I'd be very happy for you and RandomTank to just go for whatever you fancy that you think will fit in! It might well prove very entertaining to adapt to the previous players' ways of doing things.
I always end up with too much 'Micro - management' but I will steer clear of that for shared saves as I really can't see it being anybody else's idea of fun!
P.S. Thanks for asking!

I am an Alien!
RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I'm still a bit of Newbie to CLS, I know how to set up basic traders and goods carriers (like for the hub plot) but I've never actually tried to set up an independent trader from CLS; I imagine it's not difficult. If you have any programs saved on the CLS software for a independent trader when it comes round to being my turn, i'll have a look, reverse engineer them so I know how to do it, and set up a few more; so yeah, i'm fine with that! :p

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

You need to log-in to post here.