Questions by Redheart, Answers by you

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Questions by Redheart, Answers by you

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

I don't pay a huge amount of attention to stock market prices Alpha :P And anything Gordon Brown did as Chancellor or P.M. was instantly expunged from my memory :p (as it was most of the UK I expect)

P.S. There are no rules, you just do what you can......... IT happens!(You now what I mean by IT!!!
- AlphanInfidel

We still talkin' about X? :p

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Yes/No, but principally the two missing letters!('spose this is a forum about X, after all.)
Any similarities, or parallels with real life are probably covered by disclaimers!

I am an Alien!
redheart

redheart avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 10 years ago.

Kirlack, I need your assistance. Again yes...sorry. I gratefully appreciate your assistance and knowledge with this.

I have some CLS traders that are not looping for some unknown reason. All the settings are default, they are drawing wages from station instead of global. They should take energy to mining station then return with ore, then take energy and return with silicon. Here is the commands I have for them,
Picture

Second problem are my CLS training ships, they too are stopping when they run the waypoints one time and come back home. Here are their commands, note they jump to two different systems.
Picture

Finally, how or where do I go to view the trader logs that they are creating? In the settings I have it turned on as shown below
Picture

That is all for now, sigh....I had them set up just fine in TC but in AP they are not wanting to loop. Any help please? lol.

Thanks all and sorry for the long post.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Ok. Firstly, your first CLS. I think the problem here is that you're using a 'load up to' and then a simple 'unload X'. I think if you use 'unload up to' it should work.

Your training setup should be working. I can't see any reason why it wouldn't. Maybe, cut it down to just 4-5 waypoints? See how they're getting on with that?

Your trade logs are saved externally from the game. Look in your save folders for notepad files with CLS/CAG in the title? I think that's where they get saved to.

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

@Redheart ......... The following is copied from the 'readme' file that came with the AP Bonus Pack. I haven't used the Trade Log myself, I just tinker with things until they work the way I want them to.

Trade log
The pilot can write every transaction into your business log. You can switch this on here.
The log can be found in the directory where your save-games are. It’s called ’log1504.txt’.
Very useful to determine what your pilot is really doing the whole time.

Analysis to log
The pilot copies all his data to your business log. Also, he can report what his current activity involves.
The log can be found in the directory where your save-games are. It’s called ’log1000.txt’.
Very useful for analysis and why a pilot is not flying.

Also, if you have any questions about CLS / about a certain pilot, cause he’s not doing what you expect him to
do – please post it .........

Edit:- Kirlack posted while I was still writing(I write s-l-o-w-l-y)!

I am an Alien!
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Nah, you won't be stepping on my toes mate Smile My ego's not quite that fragile :p

Actually, your suggestion to use a second ship would remove any possibility of the first one getting clogged up (i.e. he fills up with energy and then can't shift it anywhere, then can't pick up Ore/Silicon etc). Unless you stipulate that your CLS pilots drop their wares in another location (after attempting to drop at the first), they can very quickly fill with ware A, and not be able to work ware B at all.

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

That's pretty much what I meant by tinkering as I start CLS2 with a partial load and increase it to eventually match the correct requirements, it's sometimes quicker in the long run as with large complexes the dynamics can prove very difficult. e.g. The moment it fills with the Ion disruptors you need/are stockpiling the stations requirements dip severely...... ditto for wraiths etc.

I am an Alien!
RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

I told you the solution to your problem before; the way I fixed my problem of the freighters sitting idle is that when you order him to 'Unload 6475 E-cells', he will load the station to 6475, then leave it. If the station drops by 1000 e-cells, he will come back, and drop off 1000 e-cells to top it up to 6475 e-cells (but won't empty the rest into it!). How you solve this (well how I did anyway) was to change the amount you want him to unload to the station's maximum e-cell capacity, 50000 for example; this means he will try to fill the station up to 50000 e cells, which will fill it over time....

I will be the one to take you down!
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Ah, yeah. I don't stockpile aboard my stations anymore, I have a waiting Ozias, with 11 docked Mistral SFs to control the overflow Big grin My CLS pilot runs the goods from the complex to the Ozias, then the MSF (each with low level CLS pilots) draw off the excess of weapons/missiles.

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

I stockpile with Mammoths(warehouses) docked at HQ, then the stuff is where it can be used by newly minted/bought ships. But until complexes are fully functional I don't usually get round to including them in existing CLS2 'harvesting' loops.

I am an Alien!
redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

So I completed the Argon plot, when does the Commander stop interrupting my SETA with updates in the war? lol...

Hammerit

Hammerit avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 10 years ago.

You can turn that off in the game play options: display war reports -> no

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Thank you Hammerit. I was able to locate that and turn it off. It would be nice if it worked correctly, as in you get that report and jump in and there was a battle going or after you jump in more other ships jump in to assist you. I have died more then enough from jumping in to try to assist only to get blown up because I was the only one there.

So I know I have asked but I can not recall, what is the lowest mine % you would place a mine on? I try not to go below 30%, is this too high a percentage? I have seen many asteroids in the mid to high 20's%. are they worth putting a mine on?

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

If you mean yield, then 26 for silicon is quite good, I sometimes join together a few additional lesser 'roids with a complex because they increase the capacity of the complex for silicon/ore and energy(And also use mobile mining.) Big 'roids aren't necessarily in convenient sectors.

I am an Alien!
redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Oh, ok so I will take the 20's for silicon then. Thanks AlphanInfidel. I have one sector that has 15 ore above 30% and 8 Silicon above 25%. I am loving that sector lol.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »

You need to log-in to post here.