Questions by Redheart, Answers by you

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Questions by Redheart, Answers by you

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

The average (and how the production vs resource value for mines) is 26 for both types I'm pretty sure (ore could be 25) so anything around and above those figures is great. One place (in TC, SPOILERS) I would always use for static mining ops was the 2 Unknown Sectors by Unholy Descent; as the Northern one has loads of Ore roids close together, including 4 or 5 30+ yield ones and a few averages; and the Southern one having *5* 64 yield silicon roids and 2 40+ yield Ice roids! Bloody useful! Admitted, those silicon roids were about 100+ km away from the only gate, but all I would do was take 3000 e-cells up in my Panther, fill the mine up, and then tow it back down while its producing Silicon!

I will be the one to take you down!
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

IIRC 26 has been the minimum roid yield for a standalone mine since X2 days (of course, if you're producing/stocking an overabundance of energy elsewhere this doesn't matter). I tend either use roids smaller than that as targets for a mobile mining fleet, or complex them into huge mineral storage dumps Smile

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
redheart

redheart avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 10 years ago.

What are you using the ice for from the ice asteroid? I have not seen that as being part of any item yet.

wow, just found an Ore at 102% and Silicon at 32% in same sector. Might need to set up a complex here.

Hammerit

Hammerit avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 10 years ago.

It's used in the Terran Water Purification Plant and the Water that comes out is needed for Ghoul Missiles and as secondary resource in some NPC factories afaik

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

By the way, those 2 Sectors still exsist, they're just owned by the Paranid and have the names: 'Emperor's Pride' and 'Unseen Domain'. Having them owned is a bit more hassle (no luring in trade ships with my stations then stealing their wares!) so no building illegals (sad face Cry no spacefly farms!); and you will suffer pretty bad if you piss the 'nids off! But all those roids are there, so feel free to set some mines up there!

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I have my main base set up in the unknown sector right off the Unseen Domain. Although I have not seem much npc traffic come by yet. I think I have like 5 mining complexes and then my main base lol. All are making me income, just right now it is kinda hard to keep them all powered. I thought of setting up solar at the others but it would be more hassel, I just will have a train of 10 Caimens moving energy to them all. I love CLS.

Edit: hehe found a Silicon mine at 64, and four others at 23. All in same sector.

Hammerit

Hammerit avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 10 years ago.

Yeah once you piss of the Paranid they go apeshit with the Phased Shockwave Generators they've got mounted on their Rapid Response fleet Bricks.

If you're looking for fun sectors to set up mines you may want to check out "Perpetual Sin". I have it connected to my HUB at all times because the Paranid pretty much swim in nice roids ^^.

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

So the past few days I have been focused on setting up my mining operation. I have about 6 sectors that each has a mining hub. Some range with as few as 4 mines to others with 15 mines. After playing this and TC for so long, it still scares the crap out of me and I about jump up when one of the mines blows up as I am towing it. Sigh....

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I have a question about the Station Settings for the CAG Trader. What does it mean for Trade Range? It is set at 15 by default. If I increase that to 50 does that mean that the trader will attempt to sell to 50 sectors from the home base? I think this would increase the amount of time that the trader is working and will correct the issue I have of them stopping so often.

Just wanted to make sure before I do it. Dont want to loose them because of my dumbness. lol.

2. What is the sense of the trade log? After looking at it, it is just all of the settings and waypoints for the ship all in one place. I dont see where the pilot puts in information that would help me to figure out why they are stopping instead of looping the waypoints.

3. There is an unknown Sector that boarders with a Xenon sector. How often do the Xenon enter the unknown sectors? The sector has some high Silicon Asteroids and I am thinking of putting another base there, the thoughts of Xenon are holding me back. Edit: I got in there and scanned all of the asteroids and omg....Silicon Richness! 51%, 37%, 39%, 33%, 35%. 41% ALL Silicon..there are two ore in mid 30's..sigh....I think I am going to make a base here....in the far corner..
Thanks all.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

1) Yes, trade range is the number of sectors from homebase he will travel for sales/purchases. Just make sure your CAGs running those kinds of distances are high enough level to use a jumpdrive (Trader), and run with a minimum 1100 jump fuel (enough to jump and make a sale/purchase and home again, with a little spare for emergency jump out when under attack).

2) I've never actually looked at a trade log. I should do that. Cry

3) Do you mean the Unknown Sector west of X-534? Top right corner of the map? The Xenon have never, in any of my games, ventured into that system. It's a GREAT place to build Big grin My complex there usually produces all my super high yield warheads, firestorms, tomohawks, hammers, typhoons etc.

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

1-Thanks, I will correct that jump fuel amount.
2-Yea, you may want to check that out.
3-Nope, not that one, but now that I know about that I have an idea for my third main base. I am referring to the one pictured below.
Picture

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Yeah it's not a bad one that, incredibly remote! It's also one of the perfect places to send captured ships from 'Return Abandoned ship' missions after the Police have turned up, as nothing will get through that Xenon sector!

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Thank you for your speedie replies!!

1- I have seen people use the xenon (Boron) gate hub to capture capital ships, but for the life of me I do not understand how they are able to do it. Do you know how to do this and is it a wise thing to do?

2- In your save game thread, I have seek Kirlack say that the Boron stations are the most cost efficient way to go. In my AP I have been using the Argon just to stay "in character" since I started out as Argon Defender, but my question is, are the boron stations really more cost effective then the others in AP? Kirlack if you could explain how you figure out all that math I would really love to know so I can do it myself.

I am just about ready to set up another major base on the other side of the map so I can expand my trade territories and I would like to use the most cost effective foodstuff I can for this base.

3- With the more number of complex's I set up, the number of CLS and CAGs I have. How do you all keep track of the data save for the CLS and CAGs when you run out of save spots inside the trader save data?

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

1) I believe the idea is that you let the mark enter the sector, then change the gates so it has to take a different route out, allowing you to attack it in the Hub sector without taking massive rep hit for attacking in race owned space. Never done it myself though, so I' not 100%

2) Google 'Xadrian Complex Calculator'. Once you've found it, download and install it. It's a fantastic little program that will list the full cost of a give complex, the individual costs of stations, ware production/consumption rates, roid yields, and the closest places to buy your chosen factories for the sector you're building in. Plus a whole load of othre little features that make it very useful Big grin

3) I only tend to save those that I will be replacing on a regular basis. My training route in the com-save, or the CAGs setup for the 1Mj shield fab, for instance, as those are the pilots being regularly promoted for high level CLS duties. I normally only have 10-15 saved routes.

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Oh that calculator application is AWESOME! Thank you for pointing that out. I love how I can plan out my complex ahead of buying it all and then just buy it and check it off. Your right, the Boron is 10Million credits cheaper then my Argon complex. I will be going Boron route this next time. Thanks!!

The CLS routes I have all the save spots used up. I have like 6 complexes so each complex gets two ships, one for energy and one for mineral. I guess I am just being super paranoid lol.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »

You need to log-in to post here.