Diablo 3.. anyone playing?

Home Board Index » Chit-chat » Diablo 3.. anyone playing?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

I just finished act I inferno. Its funny though, because inferno feels about right for me in difficulty. I just ran through Hell with only 2 deaths to elite mobs early game. Even in multiplayer when people go afk to screw your game up. 3 guys go AFK and I clear Arreat Crater solo on Hell. Not sure why they keep nerfing the difficulty because ATM its insanely easy.

Anyway my gear is garbage. I did find a nice 1-h sword yesterday but other than that my stuff is really lacking. I think I need more resist. Being jailed and desecrated sounds fun until it happens in diablo 3.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

lol, you must of been either very lucky or got a strong character as ive had a lot of problems with hell mode before v1.0.4. Some of the things in it were crazy, such as invulnerable monsters, crazy damage, poor drops, bad unique's etc. In the end made me feel it wasnt worthwhile, so I stopped playing it and did something else.

However since v1.0.4, ive been able to progress once again - which is more fun. I think for me there was a point that I was looking for my next weapon but never found it. Has the game gets harder, you need this weapon more and more. I guess if you were lucky you found one, so you could progress.

Not dying too much in hell mode now - just sometimes there are some tough monsters here and now.

v1.0.4 Beer

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I just finished act I inferno. Its funny though, because inferno feels about right for me in difficulty.
- Sinxar

I started inferno act 1, and now it seems a bit too easy. I guess finding a new high powered bow helps a lot (shown here).

I do like how Nephalem valor gives you a boost in magical find (up-to 75%), makes it more worthwhile staying in one game rather than leaving and finding another boss game. This on its own helps massively finding stuff. Paragon levels also help, although these seem very slow to gain: but slapping on an extra 100 levels at-least makes you feel you exp is going somewhere now.

Level 60 was way too short, although I guess they couldnt increase that without breaking other things, as its been designed around a level 60 cap.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Ohh yea nice bow 25k dps ftw. At 21k DPS i was able to do act 2 inferno. Needed help with the boss though and with a monk skill i take 50% less damage with all my resist pretty high. thats why I have so much lightning resist stacked.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

hmm.. im finding that I maybe able to do a lot of damage however I die very quickly when hit at close range. I guess my armour is just low - higher numbers would make me survive more hits?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

No idea tbh. I use "One With Everything" on my Monk. It makes all my resist equal to my highest single resist (hence the lightning stacking). My armor is kinda low but one thing that should help a lot is stacking Vitality. At least in act 1 and 2. I get absolutely raped in act 3 Cry. I can farm in act 1 quite easily ATM but its just too boring. I think its time to take a break and play some X3 and try to sell some of the good rares I picked up while farming.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Ah I was wondering if it inferno does get harder, as im usually okay on act 1 atm. Sometimes a strong bunch of monsters come along and kill me afew times, but after a few dies I normally wipe them out. I was kin-of hoping it was going to get more difficult... although hopefully better items to find too. I have found one unique although it was around half the damage of my current bow - so wasnt much use.

With the monk class, whats it like? is it a melee kind-of character? ... ie. somewhat like a warrior? Out of all the classes, the monk was the one I didnt really get. Warrior, Daemon hunter (Amazon), Wizard and Witch doctor (Necromancer) are all roles I understand, being in Diablo 2 and in other games such as Guild wars etc.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

yep its a melee class. It has a good amount of dodge ability combined with a fairly good dps and a couple of useful healing and damage avoidance skills. I don't know why I picked it but once I got to level 20 or so its fairly fun to play. Seven Sided Strike got a buff in the last patch and it really owns those packs of elites. It is almost identical to the monk class in neverwinter nights 2 if you have ever played that.

I was going to start playing on the EU servers but when I went there, there was only 10 people in general chat and only a small handful of public games. I guess Europe already gave up on D3 lol.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Ah, thanks for explaining about the monk class - I wasnt sure about it before.

Did you find act2 a lot more harder than act1 on inferno? seem to dying a lot on it.

as for EU, im pretty sure im on it and there always seems to be quite a few people in-game. Although I dont go into the chat much at all.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

yea act 2 was way harder. I had to just avoid most of the elites and run directly to objectives instead of exploring like I usually do. Then i had to get help to kill the boss. For me to gear up for act 3 it will cost 100s of millions to do so. I technically have the time to do it, but lack the will to farm endlessly. IMO it really hurts the spirit of the game and its really too bad that it turned into a game about item farming instead of gameplay.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

its a shame act4 is so blooming short: its not going to be a good act to farm at all. Kind-of felt they ran out of time for act4: shame it wasnt more like act1 (thats got to be the best act).

The real trouble having at the moment is that im dying in one hit. I guess I need more than 20k life - I guess 30-40k would give me enough to survive a hit? The butcher does around 26k dmg - I think to me.

[update] Finally in Act 3 I think... geez act2 is a nightmare - I thought ill never get out of it!

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Just popping in to let anybody who may care know that i'm not actually dead. Still playing D3. With the new patch there is a bit to do and legendary drop rates are through the roof. I got fairly well geared up and really enjoying the game ATM.

Love what you done with the forums Roguey. Looks great!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

lol, youre the first person to notice any changes to the forum; I was trying to declutter it as I felt it was getting rather busy.

as for diablo3, I arent finding much myself. What are you doing to find so such?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

I don't know man. Others are saying they aren't finding much either. It's seriously raining legendarys for me.

Today while getting NV stacks to do some of the uber bosses, one elite pack dropped 2 at once. Before that I was farming for the act 3 key and a very nice helm dropped that gave me 10k more dps but i lost a ton of resist and HP. I was talking in chat about it/showing it off and killed another white mob and another helm dropped. This one had near max all resist (79 of 80 possible) and more life but only a 5k dps increase. I think blizz is watching me or something because that is one hell of a coincidence. One minute im saying how much resist im losing the next a max resist helm drops (that was an upgrade to what I was wearing before).

OFC most are garbage but its nice to find them.

I found a very sweet Immortal Kings Tribal Binding just before the patch that sold for 200m after the patch. I used that gold to upgrade my gear. I'm paragon level 46 and have a little bit of magic find on my gear. So in MP 4 i get like 350% magic find or so.

I was talking to a handful of people about it and the only diff I can find is their paragon is much lower than mine. Its weird because they run with max magic find and im well below that and find much much more.

Here is my profile. not sure if its showing the right numbers but the gear should be correct. I started using a life on hit weapon to help me stay alive. With dps gear and weapons I get 90k dps but it gives me stupidly low HP and resist so its not really usable. With my currently equipped stuff it gives about 70k dps with aprox. 1k life on hit and 650 all resist unbuffed (~ 150k dps buffed - about 200k dps burst). I'm able to do MP 5 but mp 4 is much more comfortable. Basically i'm happy with my monk now. The only thing I could really use is more crit chance and perhaps more HP.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sinxar-1971/hero/25349245 - not sure if its updated yet. not showing the correct helm as of this post.

Sorry for the rambling. I get chatty when sleepy.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

woh, ive only ever found 1 set item since playing it - and that wasnt all that great. As for unique ive only every found one good one - my belt. 90-99% of my stuff ive had to buy from the audition house.

How do you find the monster power? a bit crazy you cant join public games with it on.

nice helm! :P

« 1 2 3 4 »

You need to log-in to post here.