Diablo 3.. anyone playing?

Home Board Index » Chit-chat » Diablo 3.. anyone playing?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Im wondering if anyone here is playing Diablo 3? if so, what do you think of it? and how far have you got?

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

I'm not, but my nephew and his girlfriend are.
They got it on the release date.

I'm going to guess it's freaking great...because I haven't seen them much since the 15th.
We live together and I only see them when they have to use the bathroom.

I'll try to trip one of them next time they pass by and I'll ask.

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

We live together and I only see them when they have to use the bathroom.
- cjm3fl

:lol I can relate to that.. Ive been blogg'ing about Diablo 3 in my area (you might wanna read):
- Roguey's Blog,

TheWhiteTiger

TheWhiteTiger avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

I don't know how this game effect people's minds, my neighbor bought this game with his girlfriend few days ago and I've never seen them ever since, he's been gazing on his computer for days. Eek
I'm personally not a fan of Diablo and I've never played any of em, the trailer and the videos seems interesting but I'm Not planning on getting it any time soon. Besides I don't think this game is up for someone who's planning to throw his PC out of the window, is it? Hate PC

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I dont know how this game effect peoples minds, my neighbor bought this game with his girlfriend few days ago and Ive never seen them ever since, hes been gazing on his computer for days. Eek
- The White tiger

Sighting report!!!
I saw my nephew the other day!
The girlfriend remains missing.

I asked about this game...his reply was, "It's OK but not as good as the first."
Yet he' plays it like a religion, and I guess so does she.

Cuckoo

Sha1hulud

Sha1hulud avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 11 years ago.

These posts are only reaffirming my conviction to stay as far away as possible from Diablo 3 and all it's greatness! I already play X3, and SC2; I don't have anymore time Cry

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

In answer to the original question, nope. I've never been a big fan of dungeon crawlers or Blizzard so its release didn't peak my interest much. Most of what I've heard of D3 has revolved around the server errors which didn't impress me very much either. I do like the look of Torchlight 2 though, so I might get that when it comes out.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Well to be honest, the servers have been messing around in the EU for the past few days. However the game doesnt have a offline mode, so when the servers go down then you cant play it. Just recently the servers have been more off, than on (probably only got a few hours, in days now). I think its due to that fact the servers cant handle the amount of people, overload then shut-down.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Exactly. I'm not impressed by any company that doesn't properly prepare for their launch, especially with a game that's been so expectantly awaited by the fans. It's just unprofessional.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Its not like they havnt had time to prepare for the launch either. I guess having servers for the whole EU could be the problem, as the EU is a fairly big place. Although the US server are apparently not having so many problems.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I can report that there have been very few issues with the game servers in the U.S.
So far anyway.

Although the release of Diablo 3 seems to have taken some folks away from WOW.
That's the game that my nephew's girlfriend plays like a religion until D3 was released.
She has returned to WOW, but my nephew keeps going with D3 as his religion.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

I finally got this. Playing a Monk and made it to Nightmare difficulty and about to start act IV. Started a Wizard last night but I want to finish Nightmare mode before getting into that. People are saying the patch today is going to bring a lot of people back, but I don't know. I'm still a noob.

Here be my monk: Olivia - Monk
and my tag is Sinxar#1971

Even with so few people playing these days I do get a bit of lag during single player sometimes. It hasn't killed me yet but with the patch today it might be bad tonight.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

People are saying the patch today is going to bring a lot of people back, but I dont know.
- Sinxar

What's it supposed to do that will make people come back?

Here be my monk: Olivia - Monk
- Sinxar

I never tried the monk, just a daemon hunter (cant even remmeber what level). I didnt know you could do that profile thingy - ill have to do a search for me, for you. I think I got to hell, like act 1 or 2 (not sure, its been awhile).

[update] Here my profile.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Im not really sure what is supposed to bring people back. thats just what others are saying on the forums and stuff. I know legendary items got buffed. apparently a lot of class buffs and some other new stuff. But i'm too much of a noob to know whats really changed.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Im a bit confused by it too - although I do remmeber dying a lot in Hell mode. I have tried it since and it doesnt seem has bad as it was, so I guess they changed the difficulties around.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

@Sinxar wow, level 60 already? looks like you found some really good stuff too.

Im still working my way there although been improving my damage. I was putting too much into magic-find, which was reducing my over-all damage. I havnt took off many items, so ive still got over 100% mf but doing now 10k damage (according to my hero panel).

1 2 3 4 »

You need to log-in to post here.