Diablo 3.. anyone playing?

Home Board Index » Chit-chat » Diablo 3.. anyone playing?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

its in the options where the option for elective mode is. Actually the profile hasn't updated yet so its still showing the wrong gear....

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

its in the options where the option for elective mode is. Actually the profile hasnt updated yet so its still showing the wrong gear....
- Sinxar

Oh, thats not what I meant - my fault should have worded it better. What I did mean, how do you find the whole monster power? are you finding better gear with higher MP, or is it just making the game harder for little return. Its a shame public games cant have monster power Confused

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

oh hehe. Well about a week before the patch I got to the point of being able to farm act 3 reliably. Not exactly the fastest person in the world but the XP was good, along with the loot. Since upgrading gear + patch I personally find the MP system to be fairly challenging. You are right though, its kinda diminishing returns. No real point to try to farm a high MP level if it takes forever to kill something.

But overall, I like it.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Well im gonna give Diablo a break for awhile; its a dangerous game - you start playing it for a few hours, then you see its really late.

I did invite someone using your email address has a friend, who accepted the invite. However they cant of been you as they had only 1 monk, at like level 5. I did double check the details and the name tied up exactly.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Yep thats me lol. I had to make a guy on the EU servers. When i first started I didn't realize it was all separate. I tried to play there but my ping is just too high.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Oh, I didnt know it was separate; yea, I knew their are different servers but I thought you could play with people on other servers. Shame.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8414560/Patch_107_Preview-1_11_2013

For anybody who cares, 1.0.7 is going to be on the PTR soon. PVP update and some other fairly minor changes.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Geez, its been awhile since ive been in Diablo 3. I think for me it kind-of got a little boring grinding the same areas and places just for items.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Well you probably been wondering why I havnt been posting much, nor been on steam much recently... well the reason is that ive started playing diablo 3 again. Ive been doing okay with stuff recently finding quite a few unique and set items.. ive also been getting stuff together for the Infernal Machine, in-which I have a bunch of keys and even the plans (what a pain to find, act 4 sucks):
Picture

You may of noticed my damage has just gone over 100k - something ive been working on too. I have removed a skill which pushes up my critical chance, so that 100k doesnt change.. well only a little as my helper has a aura to boost my attack speed slightly. I been keen on keeping my character on 1-handed, as I can keep a shield on which helps a lot with survival and running past monsters.

So far my best find was theses:
Picture

Which turned out to be a pair of Inna's Temperance.

I am still looking for a good amulet, rings, gloves and shoulders.. Anyway, at-least you know Smile

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Nice, waiting on pvp? What were the stats on those pants and were they worth anything?

I hear people complaining about getting the infernal machine plans but honestly I didn't have that much of an issue. Took something like 4 tries on MP 5. I hate farming for keys but I ended up farming up a ton of machines then getting free MP10 runs. Got a ton of rings though and only one was remotely decent. I make 18 machines then get free runs, that way everybody wins (free rings for the runners and 100% drop rate of the body parts).

The bad rings are great for leveling alts but it equals insta-death vs mobs with reflect dmg. But yea i can't see myself playing D3 for a while grinding up paragon levels from 60 to 100 is too much work and pvp doesn't look too promising.

here is where i left off: Battle.net Profile

Path of Exile is in open beta finally, just haven't gotten around to downloading it yet, supposed to be pretty good. Most people are saying its what diablo 3 should have been. I'm not complaining though, i got my moneys worth out of D3.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Nice, waiting on pvp? What were the stats on those pants and were they worth anything?
- Sinxar

Not really, ive been farming things because things might change in the new patch.

What were the stats on those pants and were they worth anything?
- Sinxar

Sold for 14/15 mil on the auction house:
Picture

I hear people complaining about getting the infernal machine plans but honestly I didnt have that much of an issue.
- Sinxar

I think the worse part is the fact is act4 isnt much fun, nor is there many elite monsters around. I did get a set of plans sorted - took around 4/5 runs MP1/2 (I think).

I ended up farming up a ton of machines then getting free MP10 runs
- Sinxar

Nice, I run normally at MP2/3 atm - I cant really do much higher as the reward for the extra magical find gets out-weight for kill-speed. Its a real shame you arent on the EU servers, it would of been great if someone like you were looking for items/keys too.

Is anyone out there playing diablo 3, on the EU servers; looking for keys and/or doing MF runs on Act1/3?

ps. My dad plays Diablo 3 too; however he really struggles. Have any tips/advice for his Wizard or warrior?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

Just got a mail stating the AH (gold and real money) is to be closed march 18, 2014.

Vid:

So what do you think? does anybody even play anymore?

IMO its a bit to late to attempt to fix the economy. Greed got the better of Blizzard and seriously hurt the game. But still, its a long way off so nothing to worry about in the short term.

Hammerit

Hammerit avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 10 years ago.

I see a lot of panic transactions in the near future. In MMOs a step like that usually completely destroys the ingame economy. To give farmers time until march 18 to sell all their stock most likely makes this problem even worse.

Personally I never bothered with Diablo III because I knew from the get go what the auction house would mean. It wasn't the first game that had one of its core game mechanics destroyed by greedy developers after all. The AH kind of turned the game into a pay to win MMO hybrid. Diablo has always been about killing monsters to find that one special item. With the AH it became killing mosters with the special items bought in the AH to find ... erm to get ... well why exactly? It's funny that Diablo III would share problems with MMO games even though it isn't one itself.

I hope I'm wrong on this though. I liked playing Diablo II for a while so I'd love to one day try out Diablo III and see if the epic long development time was worth it Wink.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

geez, I think thats the most stupid thing they done so far. I hardly anything really good drops in Diablo3 (I might of had 2 or 3 in the whole time of playing it - countless hours), but atleast I had the chance to exchange it for something else, or some money (to build up for something else).

With the removal of the auction house, how are we supposed to find good stuff (as it simply doesnt drop in-game, most uniques are bin jobs). I guess this move basically removes trading altogether, as we cant even create games with names like in D2 (WTS xxx 4 yyyy) - which is a bit in the dark-era.

I think its got to do with matching the console version myself, for the next add-on. Another dumb down.

Bad move Blizzard. Thanks for posting Sinxar.

ps. I do agree its way too late too.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 5 years ago.

Wow has it really been 5 years?

I've been playing Path of Exile mainly and a new league is about to start soon. So I decided to play Diablo 3 until then so I don't get too burned out on it.

Anyway I got the necromancer pack a long time ago when it came out but never played with it. I played last season and got most of the rewards and since its easy, i just did them in a few days for this season.

I have to say, the necro isn't bad, my main concern was getting the gear I needed to go with the season reward armor and turns out it wasn't that bad since their loot rework. Gambled the scythe on the first try and got the shield as a drop (Jesseth set) which really makes the build much easier to play. The auto command skele thing is great, really cuts down on the button mashing. This is pretty much entry level and with some skill switching has the potential to go pretty high in the greater rifts. Here is one greater rift I recorded to show what it is like in its current state. I still feel a bit squishy though but the dps is definitely there.

« 1 2 3 4 »

You need to log-in to post here.