Star Citizen shows, news and information

Home Board Index » Star Citizen » Star Citizen shows, news and information

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 8 years ago.

After a break Chris is able to answer the questions again.

04:45 - Releasing Squadron 42
06:35 - Remotely Hacking Ships
08:04 - Pacing NPC's
09:04 - Incentives to keep your orginal Ship's Hull
10:30 - Game Generated Missions
14:16 - Speed While in Quantum/Supercruise
15:33 - Communication Between Two Ships
16:41 - Evil Vanduul
17:47 - Fate of the Hangars
20:04 - Jump Distances

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 8 years ago.

Weekly Development Update

Around the Verse: Episode 2.07

00:29 - Intro
02:45 - News From Around the Verse
12:57 - ATV Interview with Will Leverett
20:13 - Ship Shape: The RSI Constellation
44:54 - MVP
46:00 - Art Sneak Peek

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 8 years ago.

nice to see work is still continuing with star-citizen, but I do find it hard to watch over an hour worth of video to be honest. Thanks for adding those times, to allow us to jump to specific things.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 8 years ago.

nice to see work is still continuing with star-citizen, but I do find it hard to watch over an hour worth of video to be honest. Thanks for adding those times, to allow us to jump to specific things.
- Roguey

Well, in the other hand those are just shows for the fans who wants to follow the development of Star Citizen. Monthly reports in text format could be a good option for those who doesn't want to follow development too closely.

I personally like their videos a lot. I wish other developers would provide similar "service" for fans who wants follow development work of the game (SC videos are paid by subscribers). Unfortunately old fashion PR-style is still very popular and I don't think that will change anytime soon.

Additionally the videos they are adding information about lore weekly: Congress Now, Galactic Guide: Rhetor System (starmap)

They are pushing new stuff in quite impressive rate.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 8 years ago.

"We’re celebrating Star Citizen’s birthday with a huge ship sale! For the past week, we’ve brought back a selection of fan favorite limited edition ships to the pledge store so that anyone interested can pick up what they might have missed. Today, we’re kicking off the final three days of the sale by unlocking the entire fleet!"

AnniVERSEary Sale: Weapons Free!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 8 years ago.

geez, it still looks like they are keen on the sale/micro-transactions. I would of thought by now they would of been getting on with the game (seeing as they have enough money) - All these micro-transactions do put me off SC some-what. I dont really get why people are buying these ship packs etc. for a game which isnt released yet - we dont actually know what the final game will be like yet (may even turn-out as a turkey - unlikely but possible). Is it just me who feels like that? Isnt the actual game not out until like 2017? or something?

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 8 years ago.

The sales is for anniversary 2015 and still running for couple of days. Buying ships is how people support the project and it has been very profitable so far (~$99M). The game can end up to be very bad but as always crowdfunded projects are quite risky for supporters. People seems to want this kind of space game and there is nothing like it available at the moment.

I have bought only one ship because I like to earn my ships in the game although I was quite tempted to buy Mustang Beta just for fun Smile. I don't know why people wants to buy many bigger ships immediately but it is just matter of choice and doesn't have affect to my game. Organizations are buying lots of ships as well and they have their own interests. It is totally possible to play the game even without a single ship and most likely I will play like that quite a while. In the end ships are only tools for certain professions and activities and not the main thing in the game. Star Citizen is FPU - First Person Universe.

Which ship do you own?

There will be at least four games. Three Squadron 42 games and Star Citizen PU. SQ42 will be Wing Commander style campaign which is story driven and you do series of missions. Star Citizen Persistent Universe is an MMO where you can do a lot of different kind of things. Your character will not be immortal so your will play with many different characters over time. First SQ42 game is scheduled for next year and Star Citizen PU will be released 2017 at earliest. So buying a ~30€ starter pack / ship gives you two games; SQ42 episode 1 and Star Citizen PU.

You can play 'baby PU' already in pre-Alpha 2.0 although it has only some of the core features and missing tons of stuff starting from character animations, flight model update, etc. basics. Here are some twitch.tv streams

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 8 years ago.

Recent AtV episodes includes interesting information about NYX star system.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 8 years ago.

Holiday Livestream 2015: http://www.twitch.tv/starcitizen/

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 8 years ago.

Pictures of upcoming MISC Starfarer ship

Gold Horizon FPS level

UEE Marine Helmet Concepts

Edit: Monthly report January 2016

There were some interesting news about upcoming EVA update today. Hopefully they are able to include it to Alpha 2.2 which should be released soon to PTU.

The latest AtV has a great interview about current "testbed" aka SC Alpha 2.1.2 PU:

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 8 years ago.

Yet another great episode:
01:13 - Vanduul Chest Piece
03:40 - Variable Character Heights
07:41 - Emotes
11:44 - Manual Ladder Climbing
16:16 - Realistic 3rd Person Animations
20:08 - Animation Changes During Injury
25:16 - Collisions
28:26 - FPS Combat
41:17 - Melee Combat
43:38 - The End of Star Citizen

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 8 years ago.

UEE Navy Fireman Helmet Concept: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/uee-navy-fireman-helmet-concept

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 8 years ago.

"Chris Smith is putting some finishing touches on the Xi'An scout!" - source

Picture

Concept pictures

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

If you got the email about the split of the package here is one important bit if you are wondering what this means for your account. Specifically the AMD Never Settle Space Edition bundle.

How can I be absolutely certain I already have the persistent universe and Squadron 42?

Click on the ‘expand’ triangle icon associated with your package in your My Hangar page to see exactly what’s on your account. “Star Citizen digital download” is the Persistent Universe module, while “Squadron 42 digital download” is the single-player campaign.

This is the default account created by the bundle code. Looks like if you got the bundle you got everything (thankfully).

Picture

ed: Just got some information that says not all codes were the same. Some don't include Squadron 42, some do. I am trying to gather some more information about it.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 8 years ago.

Sneak peeks from player flyable ship "Idris": https://forums.starcitizenbase.com/topic/19087-new-idris-interior-pictures/

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 8 years ago.

The next big features that will be included gradually are persistent and procedural technologies.

The current targets are:
Persistent features from PU Alpha 2.4.0 ->
Procedural technologies from PU Alpha 2.5.0 ->

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »

You need to log-in to post here.