Home Board Index » Star Citizen » Star Citizen shows, news and information

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

Star Citizen: Around the Verse - Episode 100 Celebration, Part I

Star Citizen: Around the Verse - Episode 100 Celebration, Part II

Ship Shape: Bengal Carrier

Pretty impressive. Bengal Carries is size of 3 to 4 Battlefield maps alone and all that with the piping system etc. The new base for pirates looks/sounds really good too.

Interesting to see whast they have to show in Gamescom next month and CitizenCon in October.

Monthly Studio Report June 2016

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 7 years ago.

hi there,

yea it does look very impressive although seeing that piping system in early build does worry me a little bit. They keep seem to be adding new stuff - and wonder if the game will ever get released.

One thing which does put me off a little (sorry), is that they seem to make hours of videos etc. and yet, we dont have much more than we did a year ago. It will be great if/when finally release the game. Im thinking its going to get pushed back more now?

Impressive stuff although.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

There are still tons of features to add and what we have seen so far is just a beginning. Persistence was added in last patch and Item System 2.0 and piping system are just going in. They are core features other features are build around. I guess hearing that makes you even more concerned Wink. In the other hand we don't even know if those are Star Citizen PU features and if they are used in Squadron 42 episode 1 at all.

The game like this has never done before and overcome all the problems and finding the solutions to technical challenges takes some time for sure. Having no game like SC makes it quite hard to compare the pace of development. The other thing is that we don't see how other games were developed since they are worked on behind the closed doors. Many much more simpler MMO games took around 4 to 7 years to get "finished" (I guess MMOs are never fully done) which could give some idea.

I personally think Squadron 42 episode 1 is not going to be released this year (although I have no idea about its status Smile). They will most likely show SQ42 material in Gamescom and Citizencon. Star Citizen PU is scheduled for next year but too early to say about its release yet. I'm totally sure they will release it without all features but that's fine to me since the game will be enormous even 1/4 of its features implemented Smile

After Gamescom next month and Citizencon in October we know much more.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

Star Citizen: Around the Verse - Episode 100 Celebration, Part III

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

Some new screenshots from the German PC game magazine: https://imgur.com/a/whwyC

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

its looking good but wonder how big this game is going to be? probably have to clear out my whole SSD to fit on LOL

any ideas on the current release date? as I knew it was pushed back to like 2017?

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

Last time I heard the size of the game was >100GB so it is going to be pretty huge.

Squadron 42 Episode 1 is still scheduled to end of this year and Star Citizen PU to 2017. It is hard to say if it is realistic to expect SQ42 be released in 2016 since they have talked about it so little. We may hear more about schedules in Gamescom 2016 next week but in Citizencon at latest.

The upcoming three releases (2.5, 2.6 and 2.7) this year will be big so things get more and more exciting.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

100gb+? Leave geez, thats going to be crazy. I bet release day is going to be nightmare - all the servers will be over-loaded with people downloading.

I must admit I havnt been following SC that closely, so thanks for the heads up on the release date. Shame its so long away.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

Yeah, it is pretty big. They are using Procedural Generation but they have so much handcrafted stuff included which increases the size a lot.

Heh, not only downloading but I bet the first months for Star Citizen PU is going to be very hard time. The game is so big and complex that bugs, unbalanced ships/FPS/economy/in-game working/etc. are going to keep it "unplayable" for a while. Star Citizen PU Alpha 2.7 should have new net code which is very much required too.

It takes time but the amount of gameplay in Star Citizen PU is increasing now faster because they has got core features integrated... and of course there are many other interesting space games to play meanwhile; Elite:Dangerous, No Man's Sky, etc. and many more coming.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

Some new flyable ships in 2.5..

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

Gamescom presentation. Lot's of information what is coming and a long gameplay session.
The show started a bit late due to extra security checks in Gamescom (Germany).

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

geez, seems a lot is happening with SC, thanks for posting the videos as usual. Hopefully one day it will get released! ill have download it again soon, and have another look at it. Ive been meaning too, just havnt got around to it due to being rather busy Cry

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

The nice thing is that this is just a beginning. As Chris said what they are going to show in Citizencon is going to be even more impressive. Item system + pipes, damage modelling, AI, etc. is going to take the take to totally different level.

To me personally alpha 2.6 is very interesting patch because of Star Marine / FPS. I'm planning to play SC a lot of as a soldier and pretty much just plain FPS.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »

You need to log-in to post here.