Star Citizen shows, news and information

Home Board Index » Star Citizen » Star Citizen shows, news and information

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 7 years ago.

indeed, do you have any ideas when we see some of these releases? as I could have a look at them, when they come out. thanks.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

As far as I know they have not set any strict release dates for upcoming releases but only goals. The goal for Star Citizen PU Alpha 3.0 release is before Christmas. Star Citizen PU Alpha 2.6 could be somewhere month or two before that. Hopefully they would release 2.6 in PTU this month already.

Alpha 2.6 is going to be interesting release; big improvements to FPS and racing. FPS will have sliding, jumping over the objects, etc. at some point. Those both features are huge part of gameplay and lore.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

thanks for the heads-up, it will be indeed interesting when those big updates are here. are we still looking at an 2017 release date? or has that been pushed back further?

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

Yes, those two updates are for Star Citizen PU and the goal for Alpha 3.0 is December 2016. I don't know when the first release version will be released but I guess in 2017. Alpha 3.0 will not have all game mechanisms included either but only first or second versions from many features; AI, planetary tech (no weather or animals), no mining, etc.

Squadron 42 is a different project. Last time I heard about SQ42 it was still scheduled for 2016, but lets see. They have no publisher pushing them so they there is no hurry.

Alpha 2.6 will be a big release but 3.0 will be a game changer. Thanks to added professions Stanton alone will have lots to do and discover:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/starmap?location=STANTON&camera=10,0,0.4,0,0
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/13141-Stanton-System

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

Both are very much work in progress but looks pretty good already ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2SBYtj9pis&t=1113s

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

Star Citizen: Procedural Planets v2

- No skyboxes; all the planets, suns, space stations, etc. are real object in the sky
- WIP (v3); improved LOD system to prevent popups, clouds, dynamic weather, shadows, fauna, etc.

Gamescom 2016 demo used PG planets v1

Planet Editor demo

Squadron 42

Picture

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

that first video looks amazing - its good they put the FPS there. Doing a quick search on the net, it seems to suggest the hardware was;

Intel i7-5820K 3.3GHz Stock,
ASUS ROG GTX 1080 Strix,
64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4,
ASUS X99-A (model unspecified),
@1080p
http://www.gamersnexus.net/news/2637-system-specs-for-demo-pcs-at-citizencon-2016

It does worry me a little knowing it was at just 1080p, with 64gb ram. I guess 4k isnt going to really possible (even in SLI), as a 1080 was only getting 60-80fps. Never-less nice to see Star Citizen progressing, hopefully it will get released some-time. I really hope its not the next no-man's-sky.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

Some streamers plays Alpha 2.5 with 4K and it runs pretty fine. At the moment FPS is not limited by hardware but network stack. In the other hand it is way too early to make any assumptions how the final version will run since the polishing and optimizing has not started yet.

I personally hope PC games would push forward and doesn't let 4K performance to be limiting factor. Games will eventually run 4K@60 and better, so it is not an issue.

Games that are developed openly and by developers who keeps contact with community are quite safe not to become "next No Man's Sky". Hopefully NMS will get patches in the future and bring features many expected to be included at launch.

CitizenCon planetary tech demo was nice but I really liked their new Spectrum-system as well. It will be a huge thing for the community and players.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

4th Anniversary Livestream

The rest of the videos can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVct2QDhDrB3tBTlEKPmJx4OBfojoIpWk

Letter from the Chairman

Production Schedule Report

"This is the first iteration of the official Star Marine and alot of things will be addressed/tweaked to make this module a more "tactical" experience for our player base. The map we played on was designed for more than 5v5 players, so in order to cap all 4 points we had to sprint pretty much the entire time AND all the players were SUPER excited to just go balls to the wall (I'm not gonna lie, I was just running and spraying bullets at everyone I saw because I was SUPER pumped and hyper). We are aware of the too much sprinting being an issue and has been talked over, We are also working towards encouraging players to go into cover, vault over objects, and stick together. So we will make adjustments to make Star Marine thrilling, exciting, and tactical as pitched Smile We'll get it!" - Jlee-CIG

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

Is that video above in-game footage? if so, its looking amazing now. At times nearly fooled that it was real.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

Yes it is and very expensive to have more than one of them on the screen/area at the same time Smile

It is not just a hull of the ship that has to be rendered but those ships has a crew size of tens/hundreds (NPCs and human players) working on their daily schedules and specific tasks. The ships has complex damage modelling, physics modelling and functionality; computers, room pressure/atmosphere, artificial gravity, etc. and all that with very high fidelity level. Internal size of those ships are also enormous.

To get all these to work on multiplayer game is yet another complex technical goal to achieve. I'm not sure if they are able to do it but at least they try.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

Tuesday, November 29th [1000 PST / 1800 UTC]
November Subscriber's Town Hall w/ Tony Zurovec - http://www.twitch.tv/cigcommunity

Tony is the Director of the Persistent Universe

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »

You need to log-in to post here.