Star Citizen shows, news and information

Home Board Index » Star Citizen » Star Citizen shows, news and information

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

I was thinking more like RPG in mind. There are plenty of ways to play the game and for example I was planning play the game without a ship at the beginning and work as a ship repairer and do mercenary gigs in space and on planets (FPS); protect cargo/information/ships (boarding), protect space stations, take part of attacking pirate bases, etc.
- edqe

It will be interesting to see how dynamic the systems will be eventually. Other player actions should trigger a new missions to which other player or NPCs can react to. The independent players and their actions would create a sequence of complex interactions.

An inforunner hacks satellite or comm array and steals information about a location of a relic.
-> An explorer buys the information and starts to search the relic.
-> Pirates are able to eavesdrop the plans and starts to follow the explorer.
-> once the relic has been found Pirates tries to board the ship and steal all the looted stuff and explorer's ship.
-> If the pirates has failed to change container IDs the explorer can try to track them down and hire mercenaries after pirates.
-> etc.

Even a single star system can contain lots of gameplay if the system will be this dynamic and flexible as planned.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

Pretty interesting AtV this week again. It is always good to see planetary tech get better but I'm also very interested about improvements to FPS. The first person gameplay will change drastically with upcoming updates.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 7 years ago.

Very impressive looking planetary surfaces! They look so much more realistic than Elite. I found it quite funny when you see person running behind the buggy at: 4:35, in the first video Smile

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

Very impressive looking planetary surfaces! They look so much more realistic than Elite. I found it quite funny when you see person running behind the buggy at: 4:35, in the first video
- Roguey

Planets in SC looks probably more realistic but in Elite they are more realistic what comes to sizes. If things has not changed I think SC will have about 1/4 of real size planets. The reasons why they make them smaller are not technical but they want people to be more interactive with each other and NPCs and since they do lots of hand crafting it requires much less work.
The games are and will be quite different and at least for Elite I think their decisions has served well. I'm not a Elite veteran but to me it feels the game is about flying a space ships and planetary landings etc. are more or less just extra features.

Is 4:35 a right time?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

Its right, I looked at it once I read the reply. You can see the shadow of a guy running behind the camera.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

Its right, I looked at it once I read the reply. You can see the shadow of a guy running behind the camera.
- Sinxar

Ah OK, for some reason I was expecting to see a buggy Smile. To me the behaviour of the shadow looks fine.

In SC the characters works like in ArmA where you can move head separately to buddy. So it is possible to run different direction your head is pointing to without strafing. I'm glad there will be a head bob slider at some point later because personally I think it is too steady especially when you are walking.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

So it is possible to run different direction your head is pointing to without strafing.
- edqe

Hopefully that doesnt lead to people running backwards with the head backwards.. that will be confusing Smile

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

Hopefully that doesnt lead to people running backwards with the head backwards.. that will be confusing
- Roguey

Star Citizen is probably many things but not a horror game Wink

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

"Hosts Eric Kieron Davis and Kirk Tome share a look at player interaction and get an update from the Manchester studio."

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

The player interaction system looks a lot better than the use system they had in the past. Although still looks like the game is long time away. The item interaction looks better - seeing that guy picking up a box and putting it down. Thanks for sharing.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

I think this is third iteration of interaction menu. The first was CryEngine default <<USE>> and the current one in 2.6.3 is the second iteration. Third one looks definitely yet another step forward. I like the implementation overall. The character moves his eyes when you target the item you want to interact with. In many implementations the character has to move the whole head because the target cursor stays middle of the screen.

It is very interesting to see how much gameplay all these features in Alpha 3.x series makes possible. Alpha 3.x is going to have only one star system but if things goes as planned there should be plenty of things to do.

The Reclaimer looks massive, much bigger what I thought it would be. A great looking ship with its massive arm.

Picture

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

Pretty impressive lighting effects to show this week ...

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

Pretty impressive lighting effects to show this week ...
- edqe

Indeed, I know light was important in games however I didnt think it had such a large effect to the overall feel to the game. It looks like they are doing some very impressive work, but still looks like a while away to be honest.

When is alpha 3 due out?

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

It is hard to say where the first episode of Squadron 42 is but hopefully there would be at least couple of PU Alpha 3.x releases this year. Alpha 3.0 should be released for first testers at the beginning of next month. Live version will be released some weeks after first testers.

Alpha 3.0 should have quite much to play already but I guess it is still very dependent on players activity. There should be over ten different mission types and I guess in many cases they put players against each other. For example you get an cargo defending mission and pirate gets an mission to steal the same cargo. I personally hope there would be minimal amount of grinding in SC but more role-playing and interaction between players. Too early to say how the game world will be.

I'm looking forward Star Marine improvements - it finally should be much more tactical. Also the new look of Aurora (Alpha 3.1?) looks very good. Can't wait.

redheart

redheart avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 7 years ago.

OMG this game has so much potential. But damn its taking forever to develop it lol.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »

You need to log-in to post here.