Star Citizen shows, news and information

Home Board Index » Star Citizen » Star Citizen shows, news and information

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 7 years ago.

OMG this game has so much potential. But damn its taking forever to develop it lol.
- redheart

One good thing about Star Citizen is that even if it is only 10% done it already big game at that point Smile

Hopefully Alpha 3.x will pass the threshold and there will be plenty of game to play (tens/hundreds of hours) even in a single star system. Alpha 3.0 looks very promising already so the release will be very interesting.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 6 years ago.

"Learn how the implementation of Item 2.0 will affect your ship. Sandi Gardiner and Eric Kieron Davis host this week’s episode, which also features studio updates from Austin and Turbulent."

Lots of interesting information again. I'm happy that they are working on gameplay features to make even a single star system include lots of content. For example that NavSat / Nav Beacon includes yet another set of different gameplay possibilities for different types of players.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 6 years ago.

I really like the nav beacon idea - its something I think could work well in Elite too;

- It would help cut down the long journey times,
- Allow players to set traps (for PvP),

Although it still looks like SC is a long way off. Hopefully Alpha 3.0 will be out soon!

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 6 years ago.

Nav Beacon could definitely add a lot of interesting new gameplay possibilities. I hope it works and will be added to final game. I wonder how they are going to explain need for Nav Beacons in lore.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 6 years ago.

also, without a nav-beacon would that mean you either use the public beacon or be randomly placed?

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 6 years ago.

Good questions. It will be also interesting hear what benefits Nav Beacons have over locations on computers. It is pretty hard to get features implemented and same time be good solution in gameplay perspective, be "realistic" and makes sense in lore.

At least you can scan and try to find beacons or buy information about their locations. It is probably going to be pretty common to get hired to maintain those beacons or protect them for being hacked or getting destroyed.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 6 years ago.

In latest Happy Hour show they talked about what multi-crew ships means in Star Citizen. I like how ships requires a crew and players (NPCs) to work together. It is going to be enormous change compared what we have at the moment in Alpha 2.6.3.
They talks many other interesting topics as well.

Happy Hour: June 2nd, 2017 - Summary

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 6 years ago.

geez, thats a long video. They do like making videos for SC! Sorry to say an hour worth of a interview is a bit much for me - sorry. Thanks for posting a video to the summary, that makes it much easier to follow. How do you feel about it?

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 6 years ago.

I like the videos because they give insight what is going on with the project. They are not interesting only because of Star Citizen but about game development overall. It is still very rare to be able to follow game development this close.

In normal cases the game media has to do the work for us: The Story Behind Mass Effect: Andromeda's Troubled Five-Year Development
(it is from Kotaku so read it with tons of salt).

I have supported several crowdfunded projects (Kickstarter and Fig) and I'm a bit disappointed that some developers are very silent about the progress. It would be nice to get a small update at least twice a month or so ...
Well, anyway ... crowdfunding is risky business so one has to be prepared to everything Smile

Item System 2.0 is a long waited feature in Star Citizen is will take the whole game to next level. Alpha 3.0 will be a huge update in all possible ways. It is a release which binds many core technologies finally together but as they emphasizes it is just a beginning.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 6 years ago.

True, I guess you cant normally follow a game that closely; I wonder how much of impact that has had on the release date? Looks like they got over $150 million now - more than GTA5! Eek

I do hope the bind system is a bit easier, when I checked out I found it very confusing - way too many binds.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 6 years ago.

Following any interesting game is pretty nice. Unfortunately gaming companies works behind closed doors and it is very hard to follow how games are done and how they progress. I have a strong Open Source background which makes things probably a bit more complex for me.

$150M is not that much considered that it includes creating four game studios and working on two big games at the same time. GTA V is much more simpler game and has smaller scope which gives more perspective as well. Of course Take-Two makes huge amount of money compared to CIG and as far as I know FD makes more money these days too.

I do hope the bind system is a bit easier, when I checked out I found it very confusing - way too many binds.

Bind system?

Item System 2.0 makes ships more like planes in DCS World which I like. Hopefully key bindings and ability to write macros will be restricted because they would give clear benefits for those players who uses them.
Flying a ship, manual maintaining, etc. makes ships feel worth of time and money.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 6 years ago.

Quite a few new videos has been published since last post but there has been pretty interesting updates after Gamecom 2017 concentrating to new features in Alpha 3.0

Star Citizen: Around the Verse - Stamina and the Actor Status System
Star Citizen: Around the Verse - Choice & Consequences, the Mission System
Star Citizen: Around the Verse - Flight Plan: Air Traffic Control
Star Citizen: Around the Verse - Usables: The Universe at Your Command
Star Citizen: Around the Verse - Manned Turret

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 6 years ago.

Careers and Roles - A Guide to the New Ship Matrix

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 6 years ago.

A lot of interesting information and discussion this week - Ship Matrix (WIP), AtV and of course the main event CitizenCon.

CitizenCon 2947

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 6 years ago.

I hate to be 'that guy' but the gameplay video doesn't really show any gameplay. What is there to actually do? Is it like elite where you just look at stuff and haul cargo mindlessly for hours on end?

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »

You need to log-in to post here.