Show us your... complex

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Show us your... complex

Relicalchaos

Relicalchaos avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 12 years ago.

I never really thought about selling the intermediates, usually one or two of them pile up and I just leave it. However good idea about selling some of them CAG's. eh.. its extra money eh? Smile
- Roguey

I make it an almost necessity, with every new complex, to have a bit extra intermediates, just for the good money. For awhile I neglected one of my complexes, and left just 2 high yield ore mines not supplying anything until i decided later on. My CAGs sold every bit of ore, never allowing it to fill half way. For just ore, I made allot of money. I just leave food supply's perfect.

dutzan

dutzan avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

This is my first complex - making flail and hammer torpedo for the split cobra I haven't got yet. It's in enduring light, so the asteroids that fuel it don't have enough yield but the weapon factories do work non stop after I turned off the production in some of the food factories. I built this following a design I found somewhere but didn't build 2 or 3 more extra missile factories so I might add more flail capacity to build them even quicker.
Picture

Picture

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

hey dutzan. I found without building your own complex to supply an M7M, flails and hammers are hard to come by. However (like your complex) just 3 or 4 flails/hammer stations is just enough to supply your M7M... well, if youre not firing missiles like crazy. Having your own complex for this does help with cost too (in the long run).

dutzan

dutzan avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Is there any way to increase the storage for a complex? Cause right now mine can hold max 64 flails and that is reached in about an hour and after that it's not producing any more until I personally transfer them to a ship or something.

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 12 years ago.

If you have a ship with CLS software it can automatically load wares.
If selling price is set at over average it won't have anywhere it can take them so it just fills up.

Somewhere out there is a Cobra Mk III with my name on it.
It isn't mine, some rando actually wrote my name across the side of his ship...
dutzan

dutzan avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Yea... applied that bonus update with commodity logistics, installed it in my demeter but can't figure out how to make it buy the flails/hammers. Did manage to get it to dump all the flails on board into the station's storage though. Too bad it won't do the reverse.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Could you not keep an TS docked at the station, then every-so-often transfer the missiles to the TS? If you equip the TS with a jumpdrive, then you could use it to jump to your M7M and restock it. Just an idea.

dutzan

dutzan avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Yes, I actually have a demeter super freighter docked at it since the begining, but I leave game running in backround for more than an hour while I do something else and after the 64 flails it's just lost production.

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 12 years ago.

It should be on CLS2, 1 Waypoint, [Load] Flails.

Somewhere out there is a Cobra Mk III with my name on it.
It isn't mine, some rando actually wrote my name across the side of his ship...
dutzan

dutzan avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

That explains it - I knew I should have installed both programs on the ship, but I only took mk1 cause I read the description on the forum and figured that's the one. Will try with mk2 then ty.

Anticitizen1

Anticitizen1 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

My M7M supply complex in Antigone Memorial has 25 Hammer, 9 Flail and 1 Mosquito factories. I will post the picture at next opportunity.

Keeps me happily supplied for hard assassination missions and for my crusades through the xenon sectors.

I want to build some 1Mj shield complexes and space weed in Teladi Space for profitssss to supplement the income I get from pirating the pirates.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

I started on a complex in Argon Prime, this is it so far:

Picture

It does not make much money, and it is prtically self sustaining, except for ore and silicon. Ignore the wheat farm it was a mistake. Don't know ow to remove stations from a complex.

dutzan

dutzan avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Well, I added a couple more flail factories to my complex and now I intend to build a whole new one, since I intend to go on my rampages more often and will need many more missiles more often so I got it all planned out:
http://tinyurl.com/7gq3eag
The thing is, I intend to build it in an unknown sector, right behind a xenon sector... so I just hope they're not in the habit of getting all revengeful on me and rain on my ~200mil complex Bricks

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

@bozo64r 1MJ shields should sell really well, just make sure the price is one less than the average. Then they should be queuing like mad for them.

@dutzan That's the problem with complexes, you build it, then add a few more stations, then a few more.. after a few days its turned into 100 stations lol

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

I have built another complex in PTNI HQ, My stations are layed out in bad way, and the autopilot can't dock with the hub. Which means NPC ships can't dock... how do I move it around and/or remove stations from the hub.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »

You need to log-in to post here.