Show us your... complex

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Show us your... complex

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

I am just starting out with building my first complex. I was hoping someone could help me with the calculator so i can make a good complex to produce satalites and drones for my UT's.
- BluManu

Basically what I do is first add the factory that produces what I want, and then add factories to support those factories (usually food) until everything is satisfied. For this you'd start by adding drone and sat factories, then add a jewellery and a massom mill. Those then need a snail farm and a scruffin farm respectively. Then because they're producing more food than needed, add a few more drone and sat factories so that it's all being used. You're left with this.

If you want it to be self sustaining, then the next step is slapping on an E-Cell loop (paying attention to the sun intensity) and sticking it in a sector with enough silicon to feed it. Silicon and Ore are the limiters on complex size as there's a finite amount of them. Refer to the various maps for well resourced sectors. You'll probably have E-Cells left over, so you can either sell the surplus or add extra copies of the first link to use it all. Or make a new product to it. Best of luck.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

@Seygantte Very impressible design, you make some great looking complexes Smile

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Been waiting for ages to post in this thread but could never get far enough into AP to get complexes going. Anyway here are 2 that I have done recently.

First is the mini missile and laser tower fab complex.

2x Hurricane Missile Fabs
2x Tomahawk Missile Fabs
2x Laser Tower Fabs
Self sufficient - Mines of Fortune

Hurricane missiles what else is there to say, other than it cannot keep up with my demand lol. I dont even own any M8s but now that I have a huge stockpile of Tomahawks I might as well pick up a few to play with.
Picture

---------------------------------------
This one is a mini spacefuel distillery. Its only 4 stations but thought I would show it because of how important it is to getting IBLs.

2x Spacefuel Distillery L
2x Wheat Farm L
NPC reliant - Loomanckstrat's Legacy

Buys energy @ 17c Sells spacefuel @ 727c NPCs keep it fed and the spacefuel stocks empty. Profitable but low Cr/hour. So far I have only had one pirate attack. For the most part they just ignore it. The NPCs generally feed the IBL forge in sector with my product.
Picture

I plan on building more for pure profit purposes. Just finished the main plot and will be starting on the hub/phq ones after I gather more military hardware.

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 11 years ago.

this is one of my Fab's this is a 10 Hammer and 10 firestorm closed loop fab with 74 factories together

Picture

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Those are really great looking Complexes guys.
Mine always look like I dropped plate of spaghetti....but they work so I can't complain.

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Those are really great looking Complexes guys
- cjm3fl

I agree, show that people go to great lengths to make them look good.

@Sinxar im finding those pictures above hard to see

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

@Sinxar im finding those pictures above hard to see
- Roguey

Hahaha indeed. I even increased the brightness of them and they are still dark. the booze one is in a 0% sun system anyway.

JackKiller2266

JackKiller2266 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 11 years ago.

to bad your space ships don't have giant flashlights on them

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

to bad your space ships don't have giant flashlights on them
- JackKiller2266

Maybe even a higher brightness in-game might help? :p

Link

Link avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 11 years ago.

Im working on setting up a few complexes now, I'll try to post some pics when i can

Picture
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Yep, wrong forum I know, don't want to make a new thread just for this.

I just set up this chip plex in TC. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be setting up this time.

It consist of:
40x Chip Plants
8x BoFu L
8x Bio Gas L
1x SPP XL

built in Spires of Elusion (300% sun)

But where are the... Thats right the mines and crystal fabs are missing! For the crystal phase of the Hub plot I build a crystal fab complex that produces a bit over 2k excess crystals per hour and bought a large portion of them from NPCs.

I have been using those spare crystals to fuel other small complexes and I still have enough to run the SPP on the chip complex.

I setup a CAG trading network with the hub to avoid having to build. One of the wares I happened to be trading was Silicon. So that part of the hub was done by trading alone (as well as all the other parts except the crystals, and now microchips). A funny thing happens when the player starts trading like that... the GoD engine starts building new factories all over the place including silicon mines. So my traders just brings it in and my CLS1 guys start feeding factories with it.

I think the interesting part is how i got to this point and not really the complex itself. I got a crude guide on Hub trading in my sig if you want to see what im talking about.

Picture

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Very pretty. It doesn't look like Hephaestus Corp's method. Did you place them manually?

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I agree, very well done. I like the way all the pipes are like in V pattern.. very nicely done m8

leko

leko avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hi, everybody

Nice work

I gave up building this way because ai pilots seem to like killing themselves and my pipes at the same time, or one mine explodes because to near to another astro, and so on ... Each time having to rebuild at least all the pipes over and over again made me switch to complexcleaner, at least I do not have to worry about it any more.

Maybe later, in a very, very , very lonely sector without traffic at all...

Respect, elko

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I know what you mean - complexes can turn into giant messes which slows down the pc and causes ships to drive into things. Its a shame it wasnt done better, as building a complex is a great idea.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »

You need to log-in to post here.