Show us your... complex

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Show us your... complex

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

:lol well if you want to move the complex, build two stations near and link them together, then link them to the first complex hub. This should hopefully your change the hub to the new one.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

It worked Big grin Just waiting for customers.

I don't think the Taladi like me, I tractor beamed a silicon mine, half way across the sector so I could have a self sufficient complex... narrowly missing the equipment dock, and taking out a few traders.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

No more pictures of your newly adjusted complex?

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I will post some shots when I go on the game.

My complex is not making much money, no one wants to buy the energy cells. It has listed itself as an Intermediate product, but that is what I am selling Exp Bash the wall Hate PC
I have intermediates on 'Sell' and the energy cells are at 12 credits each. I do also have tree traders selling the energy cell, but they are limited to two jumps way only as three three would need then to go past the Xenon Sector... boom dead. Bomb

DmytroRudoy

DmytroRudoy avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

@bozo64r
try using bonus pack software - it does not add "modified" to your game and can solve all of your problems

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I do find it a bit odd why the bonus pack isnt included to start with? I mean if it doesnt add the modified tag (so its been signed by egosoft) why not just include it in a patch? I personally dont use it, as I like to keep my game vanilla.. I guess it gives people the chance to choose.

DmytroRudoy

DmytroRudoy avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

well, it was written by modders not a dev team... so probably including it into actual game can pose some legal rights issues. Since modders are not employed and binded by contract to egosoft, I can see why egosoft would be afraid that they might pull some kind of stunt if they actually included authors as part of the developers off some kind.

Also those bonus pack scripts have their own issues, and if abused they can create problems. Like early detection Sat. network can increase processing time considerably if used indiscriminately. But otherwise it seems as very balanced scripts.

especially for this specific topic Station building script - is amazing... just ordered myself ~30 stations, all of them delivered and placed in neatly build cube, i just need to connect it with my construction kits. CAG and CLS also bring variety to possible supply\trade control of the wares in the complexes\multiple stations, it helps a lot if you wish to avoid to provide ships per each ware or per each station.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I have to say, most my games a modified, some are just a little some are mental. But I like it :P

Anyway here is my Complex I am quite proud of.

-Stations in Complex
-Map

dutzan

dutzan avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

Here's my third complex:
Picture

It uses some 13 asteroitds, it's selfsustained and has 28 hammer heavy torpedo factories + 10 photon pulse canon forges. I also put the docking port close to the gate so I can dock instantly after jumping in using docking computer and when oos, the freighters don't take long getting to it.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Wow, that looks really neat. My complexes end-up being a huge pile of pipes. How you get it so neat?

btw do PPC's make good money? as the stations cost so much money to buy in the first place and take ages to make.

dutzan

dutzan avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Well first I try to gather all the mines in one place, connect them with the solar power plants, since they're the biggest things. Then I start placing the factories with the sattelite view, aligning them one on top of the other with numpad5 and moving them from there until there's just a little space between them. Then I connect them.
As for the photon canons, I haven't sold any yet, been busy recently with a certain other game that recently launched Guns. I don't know how others deal with the products from their complexes, but I tend to sell the ones I don't use directly. I park a mistral super freighter at the complex and let the missiles/canons pile up until the ship is full and then take them to an equipment dock that buys them in infinite quantities. Here is the stats to this complex:
http://tinyurl.com/88mdnw8

As it is, it produces almost 9mil credits per hour. If I replace the 10 photon forges with 10 more hammer torpedo factories, the profit only changes to 9.039mil. overall less than 80k difference. Egosoft must have calculated all these prices and producing rates to be more or less the same for profit as far as weapons go. Anyway, I originally built the photons cause I intend to build a fleet of many boreases each using about 24 photons.
Might add some more shield/concussion generator factories to it since there still are some unused asteroids left in the sistem.. as it is it already contains 112 stations.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I often find with weapon/missile factories that I have to manually sell them too (with an TS docked). I find that NPC's dont seem to want to buy them normally, like shields/food stuff. Glad its not just me.

I try and do the old numpad 5 thing - works for awhile then I start building above and below existing stations - after just an short while it starts looking like an mess.

I find that Complexes are good to equip fleets - things like PPC are usually found in such low numbers. Fine if you want to equip one ship, but makes it very hard to equip an whole fleet.

dutzan

dutzan avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I try and do the old numpad 5 thing - works for awhile then I start building above and below existing stations - after just an short while it starts looking like an mess.

- Roguey

Oh that explains it then. I only build in two dimensions, never placed them on top of each other. This particular complex ended up being over 30km long Cool

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Ah understand now - I guess keeping everything on a 2D plane keeps the mess down. I just figured that I might run out of space and would have to start joining complexes together. However your complex does look a lot better, so I might try your idea. Thanks for tip btw.

Alpharius77

Alpharius77 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

That complex above is awesome! I bet lag is a beast though lol if there is anything other than you in that sector. No?

"Courage will carry you only so far; overwhelming firepower will take you the rest of the way" -- Unknown Infantryman
« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »

You need to log-in to post here.