Show us your... complex

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Show us your... complex

leko

leko avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 11 years ago.

...complexes can turn into giant messes which slows down the pc and causes ships to drive into things. Its a shame it wasnt done better, as building a complex is a great idea.
- Roguey

Hi Roguey,
As my framerate gets worse, not better, for a lot of issues I choose the "best fps" one. I think I will even remove those stupid "civil ships" that do nothing in the game, I want free "roads" so eliminate the "traffic"! (I already removed rocks, fog, fused asteroids into big ones and so on, use STO to keep them out after overtaking completely a sector myself) (Weavers T ---> Salvage S, all mine now)
Then again I'm looking for auto deliveries and so, if something is not well engineered, I fix it, I am out of patience.
My aim : auto-supporting economy and production, buying only minor things (automatically), Have my ships produced , outloaded and repaired automatically so I can take on missions and quests whenever I want and do not loose lots of time repairing bugs that in a game this old should have vanished anyway !
My goal : take over race after race and install human superiority (this time, then trying to bring an alien race to total power, and so on)

Maybe we could set up a topic about how to make x more realistic (In real life you can even buy an F16, as long as you are prepared to pay huge sums, guns, ammo, no prob - in x most really good stuff is not sold - in my opinion they "cheat" all time, so I will use every mod to make my game act as I desire. Loosing days of play repairing "faulty" ai behaviour is not my game, I am not in to SM !

Fi: I cannot change the dock mistakes (docking huge ships in small docks is bad "engineering") but I can make the dock automatically so at least collisions are avoided (when I cap a ship I do not want to loose it)

I think this list will become endless and listing each time the problem with working solutions would help a lot of "frustrated" players and doing so helping every player to play the way that suits him or her.

The game should be adaptable to all kinds of players :
Money makers : Stock markets, complexes, traders and so on
Builders: Build everything, produce everything, ...
Designers; Ships , buildings , weapons, turrets, backgrounds, whatever
Generals : best ships, weapons, fleet compositions, ...
Dog fighters ...
Cappers ...
Mission builders ...

... I hope you get my drift !

I still have a lot of fun in playing this game but gave up vanilla, to frustrating for me in the long run,
and would want to help others knowing what to do to get THEIR way of playing, not ego's way and not my way (Frank Sinatra is long gone!) should be "YOUR WAY PLAYING AP" meaning everyone's personal choice.

I just want everyone to have fun ! Leko

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

hi, well you could try and make the x-series realistic although making it harder to get things such as fighters/lasers would make it less fun for most people. background traffic is supposed to add to the atmosphere, although like you said just turns into more ships for the cpu to process.

However I do think complexes needed a big update, messy pipes may of been fine in X3 however we should of progressed from there.

I think it maybe best to create a new topic about this, as this thread is about showing us your... complex - has its gone a bit off-topic. thanks.

leko

leko avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

hi, ...make the x-series realistic although making it harder to get things such as fighters/lasers would make it less fun for most people. background traffic is supposed to add to the atmosphere, although like you said just turns into more ships for the cpu to process.
However I do think complexes needed a big update, messy pipes may of been fine in X3 however we should of progressed from there.
I think it maybe best to create a new topic about this, as this thread is about showing us your... complex - has its gone a bit off-topic. thanks.
- Roguey

Hi, Roguey,

1) Why should 'harder to get fighters' be realistic ? I want everyone to be able to buy everything ! Big prices should only apply to enemy stuff, like in reality !
2) complexes : why those pipes? Should be easy to program "as soon as two mines, stations are within 15km (or whatever chosen distance) they are connected automatically with a transporter device", same with hub near one of them.
Result : no collisions, even an automated jump to grid when you install them would make life easier for the people who like to build "sightseeing" complexes.
3) NEW TOPIC : BETTER FRAME-RATE, MORE REALISM IN X3AP
Where is the button to make a new topic, don't see one here ?

CU, leko

AS THIS FORUM SEEMS TO BE FOR VANILLA COULD YOU OPEN A NEW ONE TO DISCUSS THIS OR CAN I OPEN A THREAT HERE ABOUT THIS ?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

hey leko,

in answer to your questions:

1. if your trying to make the game more real realistic then your average joe isnt able to go down the high-street and buy a tank. So if your trying to make the x-games more realistic then that should be factored in.

2. the pipes look ugly and I feel building lots of station close together isnt a better solution either (ie. in teleporter range). I always felt that when building a complex you should buy modules that plug together. Each module could house like up-to 5 stations (removing the messy amount of stations floating around - improving fps),

3. goto the X3AP board (where you see all the list of posts), then at the bottom right click Post new thread.

leko

leko avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

...1. if your trying to make the game more real realistic then your average joe isnt able to go down the high-street and buy a tank...
2. the pipes look ugly and I feel building lots of station close together isnt a better solution either (ie. in teleporter range). I always felt that when building a complex you should buy modules that plug together. Each module could house like up-to 5 stations (removing the messy amount of stations floating around - improving fps),
3. goto the X3AP board (where you see all the list of posts), then at the bottom right click Post new thread.
- Roguey

Hi, Roguey,

As of now I go with this to my new thread, as suggested, so I am out of here !
happy building, boys !

Don't worry, be happy ! leko

Zolt

Zolt avatar
Level badge Newguey (1)
Posted 11 years ago.

I'll try to post pictures of my plexes this evening. I normally use a fairly compact cube pattern with similar stations stacked on top of each other. Mines go on top with the protrusion facing down, complex hub on the very bottom, facing towards nearest gate.

I'm now in the process of setting up a large scale mobile mining operation (struggling a bit to get it to work in AP). Once that's done I plan on setting up a large crystal plex and some other tributaries in Akeela's beacon (400% SPP yield)

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

It is always interesting to see peoples complexes - surprising this thread has been a bit of success LOL

ps. if you want to post pictures, might be an idea to set a avatar and that, so you get to level 2 - where can use UBB code.

Nexuscrawler

Nexuscrawler avatar
Level badge Newguey (1)
Posted 11 years ago.

Images don't seem to work for me, maybe because im new?
Can't see them in preview. (will add the links in plaintext)

Built a complex in Savage Spur....all asteroids.
It's 180 stations in total and supporting it with energy is hell. :-D
The cells are empty before the last station even started the production.
Took me 13 hours and about 100 reloads to finish, because i blew up every second station.

http://i50.tinypic.com/e04wi9.jpg

Before...

http://i45.tinypic.com/296kc2a.jpg

...After

http://i47.tinypic.com/2jcixyd.jpg

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 11 years ago.

So for a station that will make you a few million every hour with no running costs, how much start up you looking at.
and then compare that to my style of mercenary missions. I have come to hating complex building.

DemoniacMilk

DemoniacMilk avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 9 years ago.

Seems like im a bit late to the Party, as this game is getting quite old Big grin
I got a couple of complexes built so far, all are self supplying:
~ Menelaus Frontier (9 stations): Secondary ressources for the sourrounding sectors (Wheat, Plankton, Soy Husk), ~280k / hour
~ Cardinals Domain (11 stations): Particle Acc Canons, 5MJ shields, Lasertowers, Ore, Soy Husk (Ore and Lasertowers not going well, but i use the lasertowers for myself), ~450k / hour
~ Herrons Nebula (18 stations): Computer Components and Microchips (and 25 MJ shields no one buys there :P), ~500k / hour
~ Antiugone Memorial (33 stations): Impulse Ray Emitters, Particle Acc, High Energy Plasma Thrower, Photon Impulse Canons, 1MJ shields, Mosquitos, Fireflys; ~1,2M / hour
~ Unknown Sector (42 stations): Space Wheat and Space Fuel, ~4M / hour (img: http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/34109816809255358/3993C2B31CE4526B2597DB140E3BB1CAF9250F7B/)

Edit: I have actually expanded the drug complex to 12 times Space Wheat and 9 times Space Fuel, still cant keep up with my production. I benchmarked the station, on SINZA x10 it took a bit more than 6 minutes to sell wares for more than 5 mio Credits.
Picture

DemoniacMilk

DemoniacMilk avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 9 years ago.

Added another complex:
Picture
On the image, 2 M solar power plants are missing. The complex is built in X shape but got so high, i cannot connect any more at the top, so Im looking to add more stations on the side. (I chose to put the control center thingie pretty far away from the rest to prevent pathing problems).
Factory contains quite a lot of different stuff, i use it to produce some stuff for my capital ships (Photon impulse, Ion and Ion Pulse Cannons, 2 GJ shields) but i also got some microchips and 1MJ shields etc for the profitssss.
Complete station atm can be foundhere (AP online complex calculator)

I still got 700 Mio Credits that i would like to spend. Anything anyone (in case anyone alive here) can recommend?

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Words fail me!

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 9 years ago.

I still got 700 Mio Credits that i would like to spend. Anything anyone (in case anyone alive here) can recommend?
- DemoniacMilk

I still check the forums daily Smile. If I have the time, I like to build a large complex of every race food item and use CAGs to distribute it at high sell prices. But at the point you are now it would serve no real purpose other than to increase race rep and wallet size. I am not sure I ever posted that here... I looked around for a while and I can't seem to find any images of it.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

Silicon Lottery
Picture
Picture

I needed a complex for pure profit and what better as a tribute to Terran Conflict than to build a huge microchip plex!

From Xadrian
Game: X³: Albion Prelude
Sector: Unseen Domain
Suns: 150 %
Code: AwcQCgpsAQkKawHdAS0gBgUDPgZJQQBJQQBJQQBJQQBJQQDvAQEIA2YCIwYA

Factories:
10x Bio Gas Factory L (Boron)
1x Bio Gas Factory M (Boron)
10x BoFu Chemical Lab L (Boron)
1x BoFu Chemical Lab M (Boron)
45x Chip Plant (Boron)
6x Crystal Fab L (Terran)
3x Crystal Fab M (Boron)
6x Protein Paste Blending Facility L (Terran)
1x Silicon Mine L (Terran, Yield: 64)
1x Solar Power Plant L (Boron)
3x Solar Power Plant M (Boron)
2x Solar Power Plant XL (Boron)
6x USC Food Supply Factory L (Terran)

Total price: 404,032,856 Cr
Profit per Hour: 5,758,796 Cr

Sector overview
Picture

Now for some notes about the image. I am using only vanilla safe mods. I packaged them all up so it is super simple to just drop it into the mods folder when i reinstall the game. I have a gate model, gate effect, sector backgrounds (from XRM), resized Aldrin asteroid, asteroid model, advanced complex hub (yep! it is vanilla safe! Woot for capital docking ports! I use this version as it does not have the collision avoidance issue: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=244904) I also use a custom soundtrack for the fight music - mostly from Stealth Bastard Deluxe. Might be more but I cannot remember off the top of my head what else is in there. Oh yeah and the tubeless complex mod. Even without the tubes I get around 30 FPS while looking at the complex. With the tubes it was around 10 - 15 FPS. I tried the performant tubes but they just look so bad i couldn't use them in my visual enhancement mod pack.

I have come to hating complex building.
- bozo64r

I couldn't agree more. This complex is 99 stations. Well they were placed by Hephaistos Corp but that is still 98 complex construction kits. I don't know how I did it in TC. I put off building this thing for like a week before I decided to just go for it. It didn't take that long really to connect it all up. The longest part was dragging the roids into position from like 120km away at 80m/s.

ParanoidMike

ParanoidMike avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 7 years ago.

Very nice work on the layout! Is it selfsustaining btw?

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »

You need to log-in to post here.