Show us your... complex

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Show us your... complex

Kad

Kad avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 11 years ago.

Picture

(will edit to add pictures if this isn't working)
this was my first Complex it currently produces Gauss cannon ammo, PRG's PAC's and some 1mj shields

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

It will show when you reach level 2. Sorry if this seems silly, but it gives us (admin/mods) a chance to respond if you were a spam-bot posting links to bad sites. Usually bots sign-up and post links and pictures. Btw, you want to post the forum code from imageshack (I think you posted the link, rather than the image).

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

@Kad
Which ship were you in when you took that picture?

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Kad

Kad avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 11 years ago.

@Seygantte
Argon phantom TP from the federal docks in legends home

and i understand roguey im just glad i finally got it working thanks

and now for my other complexes
Picture
this is my ship material complex which produces everything my HQ needs and also some ISR's 1GJ shields EBC's and ammo and a Flak factory

and this is my Ecell complex
Picture

8 XL solar powerplants and support factories in akeela's beacon which has 400% sun so... not overkill at all, though i may need to do some corporate sabotage on the plants next door >:)

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Making use of Hephaestus Corp. I see. Be careful mixing SPPs and other stations in the same order. They have a habit of intersecting with each other, especially with Bliss Places.

As far as taking screenies goes, next time try tilting forwards and then hitting 8 on the numpad to swing the camera upwards to the target. You'll be able to get shots without having the ship hull in the frame that way.

I'll also point something out about sun. SPPs in 400% sun sectors don't give 4x the E-Cells as those in 100% sun sectors. Don't ask me why, because that would have been my guess also. In reality, they only give 50% more, and also require 50% more crystals. The resource/product ratio remains the same, so aside from the initial investment you're not actually going to benefit from high sun sectors. Also, when it comes to making energy, at least for use in player owned factories, it's more cargo efficient to make a crystal complex and export those to local SPPs than the cart E-Cells around.

Sorry if I'm being a buzz kill.

Kad

Kad avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 11 years ago.

thanks for the tips, didn't know that about the sun and really should have known the screenie tip.

As regards to the cargo efficiency, 2 Drakes on energy supply duty with jumpdrives installed fix many a problem i find, almost all of my complexes (the ones i posted were the big ones) have at least 2 freighters working for them but most of my complexes are self sustaining so it isn't really that big a problem for me.

the energy complex was built in modules since im a poor argon peacekeeper (or rather too poor to buy it all at once with the 20% extra it costs for nice neat complexes)

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I'll also point something out about sun. SPPs in 400% sun sectors don't give 4x the E-Cells as those in 100% sun sectors.
- Seygantte

I thought the sun values simply lower the production time. So in theory they make more e-cells.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

That's probably how it does it, considering that the resources required increases too, but the point is that per unit time there's only a (roughly) 50% increase in production. You're not getting more E-Cells per crystal, and it's not a 300% increase as expected. It doesn't make as big a difference as one would think.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I guess if it did make a huge difference then it would screw over the other sectors, seeing as most of them have low values. Arent there only a few with high sun values?

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Yeah, most of them seem to be either 100 or 150. I do remember though that there's a cluster in the top right of the map that all have 450 or so. Four sectors, the name of one being Cathedral of Xaar. I was going to build loads of SPPs up there, but I held off until I could test the actual effect of sun (and I am now glad that I did so). The only other sectors I know of with odd sun values are the new Goner sector, Harmony of Perpetuity, and LooMancks Strats Legacy.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

The sun values, are they from X-BTF/X-Tension? if so, then sun percentage would have been more important. I guess over time its just lost its purpose really. I guess that would explain why it doesnt effect too much now.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

This is my new Crystal Foundry, and it took bloody ages... 127 connected stations I think.
It was a pain in the ass.

Here it is next to my shiny new Aran, which was only 65% complete when construction started.
Picture

It's going to be my powerhouse, exporting crystals to my upcoming complexes around the universe. Credits to Kirlack from whom I stole the idea. The strange thing is that up until now Barren Shores had been pretty... well... barren. However as soon as I moved into the sector the GoD engine suddenly decided that it would be a good idea to slap another 4 AI mines in the sector. I'm not that bothered really since I'm not going to be competing with them.

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 11 years ago.

Thats purty.

My screenshots never come out well.

Your setup is rather impressive. I like the walls of asteriods ariund the complex.

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 11 years ago.

Thats purty.

My screenshots never come out well.

Your setup is rather impressive. I like the walls of asteriods around the complex.
- martimus

BluManu

BluManu avatar
Level badge Noguey (0)
Posted 11 years ago.

I am just starting out with building my first complex. I was hoping someone could help me with the calculator so i can make a good complex to produce satalites and drones for my UT's.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »

You need to log-in to post here.